Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advice needed please

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
casleeder

Advice needed please

Post by casleeder » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:04 am

Got into the car this morning and nothing coming out of the speakers through Radio / CD / Bluetooth.
Im guessing it could simply be a fuse - not had chance to check yet, but the head unit is working fine.
Anyone ever experienced similar?
Cheers
Lee

road warrior

Advice needed please

Post by road warrior » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:29 am

speakers are not fused.. but your amp will be if you have one.
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

Jollyjoiner

Advice needed please

Post by Jollyjoiner » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Common fault used to be water in the boot where the Amp sits in a plastic tray. if your car has had problems with a leaky roof or blocked drain holes then water can get into the boot and end up filling the tray where the amp sits those corroding it. If this happens then they can be a right mare to get hold of.
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

casleeder

Advice needed please

Post by casleeder » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Thanks.
It has seemingly rectified itself (for now?) but will definitely check the boot/amp at the weekend. I've recently fitted a hardtop so I'm inclined to think it won't be that, but an old M3 had drain hole issues so will look at that.
cheers

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Advice needed please

Post by mac27040 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:04 pm

3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics