Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New ride

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

New ride

Post by Angie4m » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:27 pm

Ok, so I bought my 35is 4 and a half years ago in anticipation of my 30th and loved it......fast forward to the month of September 2018 and I ended up being mucked about by the BMW dealership I was using for my servicing from and my love started to ebb away, then I'd drive it and I'd be back in love but I now had niggles and my eye has been wandering.

Since I was a kid I always wanted a M3 when M3 were coupes and not saloons so when the opportunity came along to own pretty much a dream car, I grabbed it. So on Monday afternoon I finished work at noon and took my Mum for a road trip to Newcastle where I picked up this bad boy.
IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1492.JPG (517.4 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
I always thought I would have gone for Austin Gold or San Marino Blue but the Yas Marina Blue of the M4 is just epic. It probably calls to my inner child or is that smurf? :lol: Its a completely different beast to the 35is, its as refined as you need it to be and as bad as you want it to be. It is nowhere near as loud as the 35is but its a beautiful car inside and out and a great drive. Oh and its long, so long! I didn't realise so had to wait until Tuesday morning to change the cars around due to the noise the pocket rocket makes.

I'm looking forward to a dry day to get out and have a bit of fun around the twisty roads down the borders and see what this bad boy can do.
Attachments
IMG_1496.JPG
IMG_1496.JPG (391.56 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
IMG_1493.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG (531.54 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
IMG_1490.jpg
IMG_1490.jpg (224.13 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Deep Sea Blue sDrive35is - I LOVE IT! Best car I've ever owned :) - Gone
RRS V8 Supercharged - Gone
Abarth 595 Competizione - Gone
Yas Marina Blue M4 Coupe - Gone

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997
F56 JCW Challenge (19 of 52)

Still Shy and retiring

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

New ride

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 pm

Stunning car Angie - it looks fantastic in that colour! :thumbsup:

Parking sensors are a great invention! :)

Enjoy putting some miles on it. :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

New ride

Post by buzyg » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 pm

Very tasty. :wub: Enjoy. :driving: :thumbsup:

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

New ride

Post by Angie4m » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:42 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 pm Stunning car Angie - it looks fantastic in that colour! :thumbsup:

Parking sensors are a great invention! :)

Enjoy putting some miles on it. :driving:
Thanks. This thing has sensors and cameras all over, bit weird when it shows you all round the car. It’ll even parallel park itself....scary stuff that I’ve not even dared try. Shame the weather maybe about to turn but I’ll get a few drives before the year is out.
buzyg wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 pm Very tasty. :wub: Enjoy. :driving: :thumbsup:
Thanks.

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

mj2k

New ride

Post by mj2k » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Lovely car! In a similar position having grown up as an M3 fan, driven all but the V8 but never been in a position to purchase.

I’m going in to negotiate on a Mineral White CP tomorrow. Really love the Yas Blue, but don’t think I’m brave enough (and there aren’t any CP ones in my price range!). Really love the Taz and San blues but everyone seems to put the silvertsone leather in them & having had oyster seats in the last 5 series, and white leather on an R56....never again!

Hoping the discussion goes well tomorrow on trade in price for my current JCW. Be interesting to see how the Z4M feels next year when it come out from hibernation!
2016 F82 M4 Comp Pack, Mineral White
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2007 ZMR, Titanium Silver for sunny days
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2007 3.0si Z4C, Stratus Grey, Amarone Leather - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

Yorkie Z

New ride

Post by Yorkie Z » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Beautiful car :thumbsup: it's a car I'd really like to own.
A Dirty M///

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

New ride

Post by Angie4m » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:23 pm

mj2k wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:26 pm Lovely car! In a similar position having grown up as an M3 fan, driven all but the V8 but never been in a position to purchase.

I’m going in to negotiate on a Mineral White CP tomorrow. Really love the Yas Blue, but don’t think I’m brave enough (and there aren’t any CP ones in my price range!). Really love the Taz and San blues but everyone seems to put the silvertsone leather in them & having had oyster seats in the last 5 series, and white leather on an R56....never again!

Hoping the discussion goes well tomorrow on trade in price for my current JCW. Be interesting to see how the Z4M feels next year when it come out from hibernation!
I hope the negations went well. I know what you mean about the leather. I’ve had light leather in my last two cars so this one is black interior with the carbon (I don’t know why they offer any other choice as nobody seems to want any other trim :lol:)

I got a pretty good deal on my E89 not sure if that was due to the fact I was doing my trade on what was the first of the month for buying in and the end of the month for the selling. I’ve been itching to get out in it again. Hoping that there will be nice weather on Wednesday and at the weekend so I can have a wee play.

As for the colour, I couldn’t do understated.
Yorkie Z wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:32 pm Beautiful car :thumbsup: it's a car I'd really like to own.
Thank you. Even the other half is changing his tune on it.......and that’s not like him at all!

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

mj2k

New ride

Post by mj2k » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:00 am

Collecting it on Saturday, this is going to be a long old week & I don’t do patience :x
2016 F82 M4 Comp Pack, Mineral White
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2007 ZMR, Titanium Silver for sunny days
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

New ride

Post by Marlon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 am

Stunning M4 and I love the colour, congrats :thumbsup: :driving:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

New ride

Post by firebobby » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:11 am

Stunning car and it must be love when you take a photo from your window :)
I have been in a self parking car and it's a weird but impressive experience. The driver just sat there while the car did all the work (apart from gear change) it even decides which gap it can park in as you pass parked cars :thumbsup:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Sgreen

New ride

Post by Sgreen » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 am

Stunning M4, but on a side note, how do you find and like your Abarth? I have one shortlisted in my choice for a company car. Not the comp, but Turismo.

Cheers Sharon
Supra twin turbo, great in a straight, rubbish around twistys
NSX, pretty cool but no heated seats and can't get top down
Z4 23i sdrive, now gone, got the wrong car, need more power.
Z4 35is loved and missed
Z4 M40i one word sums it up Wow!

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

New ride

Post by ph001 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:34 am

.....now if that is a manual M4, we are talking business. Next thing to do would be to get it over to Litchfield for the stage 1 map to 520bhp (£720) and you have a proper weapon. http://www.litchfieldmotors.com/bmw/m3- ... f82-tuning
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

New ride

Post by Angie4m » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:14 pm

mj2k wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:00 am Collecting it on Saturday, this is going to be a long old week & I don’t do patience :x
Glad to hear it all went well....I know what you mean. I bought mines before they even had it in. I had hoped to have collected on the Saturday after doing a deal over the phone on the Tuesday morning but had to wait until the following Monday afternoon to pick it up.
Marlon wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 am Stunning M4 and I love the colour, congrats :thumbsup: :driving:

Thank you Marlon. I was sad to see the E89 go and I started to worry about what I was doing but its a beautiful car in such a different way.
Sgreen wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:52 am Stunning M4, but on a side note, how do you find and like your Abarth? I have one shortlisted in my choice for a company car. Not the comp, but Turismo.

Cheers Sharon
Thank you Sharon. Love the wee Abarth. As its the 595 Competizione it handles well, sounds amazing and seems to sip fuel even when you are absolutely hammering it. We have a friend who had a TVR and change for the 695 Rivale and he's done some pretty long drives and not had an issue with it and thats even more similar to the Turismo. I went to Silverstone from Edinburgh in it and I was expecting to feel like I was an old lady when I got out of to but actually the seats are great and we basically went down on a tank of fuel and I wasn't hanging around. My only issue is.....its so light that when you brake hard its a proper change of pants moment but its just a great car and everyone loves it. I've had old ladies stop in front of it crossing the road to smile and talk about it. I've not driven the Fiesta unfortunately to comment. What I can add about the 595 is when we bought it as soon as we hit the twisty bits, I couldn't keep up!
ph001 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:34 am .....now if that is a manual M4, we are talking business. Next thing to do would be to get it over to Litchfield for the stage 1 map to 520bhp (£720) and you have a proper weapon. http://www.litchfieldmotors.com/bmw/m3- ... f82-tuning
Wish it was, really wish it was. They are like hens teeth but the way I look at this is I got a cracking deal....it cost me less for this one from a BMW dealer fully spec'd with 27k on the clock and a service pack etc for less than ones being sold with 80k miles on them and half the spec so if I really want a manual then I'm sure I could always 'upgrade' in a year or so and probably not lose too much on it.
Last edited by Angie4m on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

New ride

Post by Angie4m » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Next thing to do is to get that bloody plinth off the front, I've already ditched screwing the plates on. I've got a short plate and I've got the short one on the back but the front one is a standard size plate and it just looks huge with the excessive white on the sides, better than a load of black plastic though. I suppose I could get the EU plate on that the garage said they would supply me but I figured that seen as we were leaving the EU that those plates are pretty much redundant :lol:

Weather is to be lovely tomorrow so I'm going to go a drive I think :driving: so if you are around the east side of Edinburgh tomorrow and see Anj in her Smurfmobile then give me a flash or a wave. I expect to see many roof down drivers tomorrow :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMG_1523.png
IMG_1523.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 2539 times

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring

Angie4m
Lifer
Lifer

New ride

Post by Angie4m » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:56 pm

firebobby wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:11 am Stunning car and it must be love when you take a photo from your window :)
I have been in a self parking car and it's a weird but impressive experience. The driver just sat there while the car did all the work (apart from gear change) it even decides which gap it can park in as you pass parked cars :thumbsup:
Thank you, I only ever buy cars that I love. If I don't love it, it ain't coming home. For me its not something to get from A to B, its a toy and something that I don't spend a lot of time in (only did 6k in the 35is) but when I do I want it to look good (because I look at it more than I drive it) and must feel and look good, if not amazing inside. Still not tried the self parking.......I've watched the video in the online handbook on how it works and its weird, although I did have to stop myself from making a sarcastic comment when the salesman advised how to use it and mentioned putting on your indicator :lol:. The front cameras are quite funky when you need to see at the end of the bonnet without sticking the front end out too much.

Still lots to discover and find out about this car......now praying that the weather is nice this weekend but I fear its going to be another weekend before I get a good run out down the borders.

Current:
Protonic Blue i8
Amethyst 997

Still Shy and retiring