Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SoCalZ's go to the Poppy Fields

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
IMZ4N

Re: SoCalZ's go to the Poppy Fields

Post by IMZ4N » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:32 am

Cool Z4 wrote:We will miss you Chuck. So, Kathy and I will be at the 210-Angeles Crest road meeting place. If you don't see us by 9:30, we will catch up cause we know where the Panera bakery is :driving: There is a cache just outside of it that we got last weekend :thumbsup:
You and the AAA tow truck that would not show?

1stKnight

Post by 1stKnight » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:31 am

Ladies, Gents.....thought I was going to get the chance to try out my new suspension on this drive & have a fun time with good company. Unfortunately, I must go to the office tomorrow and conduct job interviews. :( To all of you going...have a very safe & fun drive... :thumbsup:
2004 SMG DINAN S1- Stage 3 Suspension & Engine Software

Palantirion

Post by Palantirion » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:55 am

I'll be there, +1, but we'll have to meet you guys in Palmdale for lunch.

z4dsun

Post by z4dsun » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:39 am

I hate to bail, but school work calls. :( Have fun tomorrow.

airmel

Post by airmel » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Okay great. We will see you at Starbucks.
2012 Z4 sDrive35i DCT
2006 X5 3.0i AT
2001 Z3 2.5i MT (retired)

IMZ4N

Post by IMZ4N » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Mother nature has been weard this year. Three weeks ago the fields were in full bloom, however a hail storm in the area two weeks ago knocked the blooms off and the new blooms had yet to open on our arrival yesterday. The SoCalZ's were not detured and made the best of a flowerless day.

We met up at Starbucks to start the day.

Then an hour travel to the 1st meet point for our first dose of twisty's of the day.

Angeles Creast Hwy normally has CHP all over the Highway, but not on this day. We made our 44 mles with not even seeing one law enforcement officer. We waited before our next turn for all to group up again before heading to the next pic point.

Regroup

The overlook on HWY 14 overlooking Lancaster.

On to our lunch point.

Since mother nature had a different idea of what we were to do, we went for another drive. :driving:

All in all a bit disapointing with the flowers and all. The SoCalZ's made the best of the day and went on a nice drive and focused on the people and the cars. :driving:

Thank you all for coming out and what I have learned, You can't mess with mother nature. :rofl:

timscuba
Lifer
Lifer

Post by timscuba » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:03 pm

To bad the flowers were not in bloom. Vicke and I have been on those roads. Very pretty when flowers are in bloom. :driving:

Palantirion

Post by Palantirion » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Bob, you forgot to mention the singing highway...

jokuhl

Post by jokuhl » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks to everyone for making yesterday's run such a wonderful fun run. Flowers may not have been cooperating but Mother Nature out did herself with absolutely beautiful driving weather. The sun was very hot and I reacquainted myself with AC operation!! We did see poppies along the road, not fields of them but we did see poppies! My GPS took me on every highway from Lancaster area back to San Diego. Traffic was horrendous and every freeway Garmin took me to was equally crowded, until I finally found the 610 and the toll road was priceless in the lack of cars it offered. Took me 3 hours but I did get home. It was an exciting day filled with great PEOPLE, followed by Great cars, incredible nature and sights and awesome ROADS, and there is always time for food too, even stopped for root beer floats and ice cream treats to cool off before the journey home. Thanks to Bob and Robyn for bringing fun folks, great cars and incredible times together!
JoAnna

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ovrkll » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:46 am

Hey Bob, the hair is getting mighty long! And Joanna, great to see you and the green machine out motorin' (behind Bob again) :poke:
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

summereskimo

Post by summereskimo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:26 am

Palantirion wrote:Bob, you forgot to mention the singing highway...
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ncKHWYi0m4c&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ncKHWYi0m4c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Aebous
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Aebous » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:25 pm

You mean that's not your car? :poke: :poke:
'03 Z4 3.0i manual transmission w/ sports package, interior xenons, wind deflector, Michelin Sport PS3's, cheap big brake upgrade, headlights with black internals and clear lenses, Alutech braces inc horizontal strut bar.
ZEEEE 4