Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What bushes to replace???

"M" Specific discussion
crustyclown777

Post by crustyclown777 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm quite keen to replace some of the bushes on my Z4MC, I've read that you can gain better cornering stability with suspension replacements and better engine stability with new engine mounts.
But, when i eBay the powerflex bushes, there are loads that can be replaced, are there any that you recommend as a 1st priority?
As a purchase order, i was thinking:
1. Rear trailing arm bushes.
2. Engine mounts.
3. Front wishbone rear bushes.
Will the car feel any different? and is it worth doing?
Thanks!
Z4MC Interlagos Blue
Instagram: z4mcuk

Simon 3.2M

Post by Simon 3.2M » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:52 pm

crustyclown777 wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:44 pm Hi Guys,
I'm quite keen to replace some of the bushes on my Z4MC, I've read that you can gain better cornering stability with suspension replacements and better engine stability with new engine mounts.
But, when i eBay the powerflex bushes, there are loads that can be replaced, are there any that you recommend as a 1st priority?
As a purchase order, i was thinking:
1. Rear trailing arm bushes.
2. Engine mounts.
3. Front wishbone rear bushes.
Will the car feel any different? and is it worth doing?
Thanks!
I'm in the same boat mate!! The RTAB replacement and limiter is said to be a good improvement regarding cornering. The jury is out on engine mounts as some say it puts more vibration into the cabin - it's also wise to do the gearbox mounts if you do them. As the the lollipops, it's well documented that they work and make a big difference.
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:08 pm

I wouldn’t bother with the gearbox mounts, as all the reviews supporting their replacement tend to come from e46 M3 owners, but the M3 has a different mount than the Z4M.

I’ve got the vibratechnic road engine mounts and haven’t noticed any extra NVH in the car. I’ve also got Powerflex polybushes on the RTAB and the poly bushes that came with the Eibach ARBs.

Didn’t fit limiters as I was told to do one or the other - I.e. standard bushes plus limiters OR polybushes.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Bodyboarder

Post by Bodyboarder » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:14 pm

Are the hackenginering( condor speed) limiter kits any good compared to the others?

Simon 3.2M

Post by Simon 3.2M » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:32 pm

mmm-five wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:08 pm I wouldn’t bother with the gearbox mounts, as all the reviews supporting their replacement tend to come from e46 M3 owners, but the M3 has a different mount than the Z4M.

I’ve got the vibratechnic road engine mounts and haven’t noticed any extra NVH in the car. I’ve also got Powerflex polybushes on the RTAB and the poly bushes that came with the Eibach ARBs.

Didn’t fit limiters as I was told to do one or the other - I.e. standard bushes plus limiters OR polybushes.
Does the car drive better with the engine mounts?
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:02 pm

Simon 3.2M wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:32 pm
mmm-five wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:08 pm I wouldn’t bother with the gearbox mounts, as all the reviews supporting their replacement tend to come from e46 M3 owners, but the M3 has a different mount than the Z4M.

Does the car drive better with the engine mounts?
Yes, less rocking/movement on the engine on transitions from left to right, or acceleration ot braking.

I’ve since done suspension too (Bilstein B16) to alleviate the pitching under braking/acceleration.

Doing it all was never going to be cheap, but I’ve saved a lot as I’ve tended to only replace stuff when the originals have worn out, rather than just for the sake of it. Although the springs & dampers were not actually ‘broken’ when I replaced them, but were obviously going to be well past their best at 100k miles.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

crustyclown777

Post by crustyclown777 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:33 pm

Think I’ll replace the RTAB then, sounds only positive.
Z4MC Interlagos Blue
Instagram: z4mcuk

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:13 pm

car is now plus 11 years old, depending on the type of driving you do, id replace all of em. :thumbsup:
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3