Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Simon 3.2M

M market watch

Post by Simon 3.2M » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:23 pm

mr wilks wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:16 pm
Simon 3.2M wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 am
Jembo wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:49 am Spent my ‘Z4 gap years’ researching this very matter...
- checking out the colours, and, with a name like ‘Hell Sepang Bronze’ what colour could be more appropriate to a car with a little demon under the hood
- Rag or Tin top, toughest of them all. Those extra roof line curves are something else, where married to that arse believe moves it up a couple of notches in the classic coupe shape
- saying only a max 2 owner car would do... with red leather

... thought on a 10-13 year old car would never happen, as there’s some right dogs out there.

My secret, chat to an existing owner of the one u really want who doesn’t want to sell, be patient & strike when they have a weak moment ;@)
Mine is a 3 owner car and that includes myself and the dealer :)
In my experience the number of owners can often flatter a logbook :wink: it doesn't necessarily mean a well kept or "mint" example & very often the opposite :cry:
Wow thanks for the vote of confidence, remind me not to take you car shopping.

My 330d was a 1 owner car when I bought it with 100k on it. I've done 55k and it's want for nothing other than oil and tyres - so not sure you arguement holds up really 🤔
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Simon 3.2M wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:23 pm
mr wilks wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:16 pm
Simon 3.2M wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 am Mine is a 3 owner car and that includes myself and the dealer :)
In my experience the number of owners can often flatter a logbook :wink: it doesn't necessarily mean a well kept or "mint" example & very often the opposite :cry:

My 330d was a 1 owner car when I bought it with 100k on it. I've done 55k and it's want for nothing other than oil and tyres - so not sure you arguement holds up really 🤔
I didn't say "all" low owner cars are dogs , but from my own experience ( not necessarily just Z4 related ) low owner cars are no guarantee of any better condition than a 5,6,7 owner car . The current ZM i have now is possibly the lowest owner Z ive owned & arrived to me in by far the worst presented condition cosmetically & previous owner had it for almost 5 years :wink: it was nothing short of embarrassing to be quite honest , id have been ashamed to trade it in as it was when i drove it away , let alone sell it privately
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:36 pm

Jembo wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:49 am
mr wilks wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:05 pm I like em & can't decide which one is best
Spent my ‘Z4 gap years’ researching this very matter...
- checking out the colours, and, with a name like ‘Hell Sepang Bronze’ what colour could be more appropriate to a car with a little demon under the hood
- Rag or Tin top, toughest of them all. Those extra roof line curves are something else, where married to that arse believe moves it up a couple of notches in the classic coupe shape

... thought on a 10-13 year old car would never happen, as there’s some right dogs out there.

My secret, chat to an existing owner of the one u really want who doesn’t want to sell, be patient & strike when they have a weak moment ;@)
& comes with rusty strut braces :oops: mine are mint but i have 5 on my logbook :poke:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Simon 3.2M

M market watch

Post by Simon 3.2M » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:06 pm

mr wilks wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:36 pm
Jembo wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:49 am Spent my ‘Z4 gap years’ researching this very matter...

& comes with rusty strut braces :oops: mine are mint but i have 5 on my logbook :poke:
To be fair my car wasn't a "loved" car but but I believe it is a mechanically well cared for car if that makes sense! I actually nearly walked away at first but the seller was very open and honest, there was definately no hard sell so I bought the car on feel and instinct more than condition. The servicing had been done by reputable Indy's (who I rang) After a couple of weeks fettling she's come up lovely. I think it really does come down to "you pays yer money, yer takes yer choice" as they say.
Sepang Coupe

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Maldives Blue 2.5

NorthernSky

M market watch

Post by NorthernSky » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:31 am

That carbon black coupe with the CSLs and tan has now disappeared from the classifieds. Maybe he got a sale? If so, 33 grand for a 27k mile car in what seemed good condition.
...RIP: '04 Midnight blue 3.0i roadster... :cry:

...Hello '07 Midnight blue Z4M Coupe! :evil: :evil: :evil:

earthdweller

M market watch

Post by earthdweller » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:46 pm

mr wilks wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 pm
Simon 3.2M wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:23 pm
mr wilks wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:16 pm In my experience the number of owners can often flatter a logbook :wink: it doesn't necessarily mean a well kept or "mint" example & very often the opposite :cry:

I didn't say "all" low owner cars are dogs , but from my own experience ( not necessarily just Z4 related ) low owner cars are no guarantee of any better condition than a 5,6,7 owner car . The current ZM i have now is possibly the lowest owner Z ive owned & arrived to me in by far the worst presented condition cosmetically & previous owner had it for almost 5 years :wink: it was nothing short of embarrassing to be quite honest , id have been ashamed to trade it in as it was when i drove it away , let alone sell it privately
My neighbour has an Si which he has owned since nearly new ( ex demo ) so owned it approx 11 years ..

it sits outside all year round, outside an empty double garage ??? ... the roof is no longer black, its green ...the alloys are corroded ...the tyres are perished ...but he still takes it out and about ... from distance it doesn't look too bad but when you get close up to it, its horrific

but ... its a two owner car (demo + 1) with about 25k on it since new ..he does about 1k a year in it

I have no idea about its service history but at least its MOT'd every year

my car that lives in the same road ... is garaged every night, put under a blanket during the winter and is mint ... but it has had five owners and was previously a forum members car that was cherished by him and kept in a garage

both cars are the same age ... both are Si's one has 25k on the clock ... and two owners ... one has 45k and five owners

which would you buy ?
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Jimyu

M market watch

Post by Jimyu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:53 pm

I’d get an ///M instead :D

earthdweller

M market watch

Post by earthdweller » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Jimyu wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:53 pm I’d get an ///M instead :D
:rofl: :thumbsup:
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:28 pm

earthdweller wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:46 pm
mr wilks wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:31 pm
Simon 3.2M wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:23 pm Wow thanks for the vote of confidence, remind me not to take you car shopping.

My neighbour has an Si which he has owned since nearly new ( ex demo ) so owned it approx 11 years ..

it sits outside all year round, outside an empty double garage ??? ... the roof is no longer black, its green ...the alloys are corroded ...the tyres are perished ...but he still takes it out and about ... from distance it doesn't look too bad but when you get close up to it, its horrific

but ... its a two owner car (demo + 1) with about 25k on it since new ..he does about 1k a year in it

I have no idea about its service history but at least its MOT'd every year

my car that lives in the same road ... is garaged every night, put under a blanket during the winter and is mint ... but it has had five owners and was previously a forum members car that was cherished by him and kept in a garage

both cars are the same age ... both are Si's one has 25k on the clock ... and two owners ... one has 45k and five owners

which would you buy ?
Your analogy cements my point , whilst we all covet low owners & low miles its folly to assume or suggest either is proof you are buying a better car than one with higher miles or higher owners .
Used cars are used cars , there are gems & there are dogs
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Simon 3.2M

M market watch

Post by Simon 3.2M » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 pm

Like I say, buy on condition and feel - mileage and number of owners are irrelevant
Sepang Coupe

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Maldives Blue 2.5

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 am

My mate in the trade views a 5 owner car as 5 honeymoon periods where money is spent on the car that a 1 owner simply wouldn't bother to do after the first year or so. I completely agree with that.

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:58 am

Angelus666 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 am My mate in the trade views a 5 owner car as 5 honeymoon periods where money is spent on the car that a 1 owner simply wouldn't bother to do after the first year or so. I completely agree with that.
That's a good point! I think a lot of people spend out on cars when that first get them and then their enthusiasm can wane somewhat as the years roll on....
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Bodyboarder

M market watch

Post by Bodyboarder » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:14 am

Muckinonthesofa wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:58 am
Angelus666 wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:00 am My mate in the trade views a 5 owner car as 5 honeymoon periods where money is spent on the car that a 1 owner simply wouldn't bother to do after the first year or so. I completely agree with that.
That's a good point! I think a lot of people spend out on cars when that first get them and then their enthusiasm can wane somewhat as the years roll on....
That’s me !

Spent a small fortune on it already and not sure I’ll even be keeping it ! Someone will get a completely sorted M !

Mike.

M market watch

Post by Mike. » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:22 pm

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... upe&page=2

Shame about the lame M Badge on the grille but otherwise a rare colour combo and very low miles

mark seeker

M market watch

Post by mark seeker » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Hmmmm, how much? A Hexagon priced wannabe, ‘rare ruby black’, from memory it didn’t make the rare forum list (mine is ruby black).

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 7268825393
Current - Ruby Black MR