Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:49 pm

Nanu wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:45 pm Lewis is British and a winner. What more do we need to know
That's good enough for me! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Bing wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:05 pm You can say what you like about his personality, his dress sense, his attitude - but honestly who cares ? The man is without question a phenomenal driver, which is kind of all that matters.
We'll put Bing. :thumbsup:

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:16 pm

MrPT wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:28 pm Mega cringe moment with “Love conquers all”, but yeah - incredible pace! Last two GPs have been great.
Are you surprised by his comment though? The amount of abuse he gets on social media is ridiculous and uncalled for.

People ridicule him for wearing certain clothes or having a certain hairstyle. Who cares? His career is racing, not fashion or hairdressing, so let him do what he wants and enjoy the races :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:34 pm

ben g wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:16 pm
MrPT wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:28 pm Mega cringe moment with “Love conquers all”, but yeah - incredible pace! Last two GPs have been great.
Are you surprised by his comment though? The amount of abuse he gets on social media is ridiculous and uncalled for.

People ridicule him for wearing certain clothes or having a certain hairstyle. Who cares? His career is racing, not fashion or hairdressing, so let him do what he wants and enjoy the races :thumbsup:
Agree with that, just didn’t get it. I’m guessing he’s not a massive fan of Deep Purple or Roman poetry, so maybe you’re right re it being aimed at social media trolls. He shouldn’t bother himself with stuff like that though, for the reasons you mention.

I really liked it when he hugged his personal trainer. You could see how strong that relationship is.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Who would want to be famous/Celebrity in this day and age of social media,every aspect of your personal life scrutinised and commented on, imagine what they would be like with racing drivers of yore, good old James Hunt, a few beers, couple of ciggies, quick shag and then go and race,,,,

Yes a couple of things it would be better if Lewis kept to himself and let his driving speak for itself, but they have agents and media consultants etc etc, sometimes I think it would be just easier to shun all that and keep yourself off all these social media sites.
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Be honest if we all had his money would we be really bothered what people thought of us on social media?
£60 Million a year and I think I could just about cope with the negative comments.

PS Don't you suspect that it's all deliberate to attract attention which in turn attracts bigger payouts from sponsors? Mohammed Ali was a master at it years ago. The man we all watched and hoped he fell on his ar**. When he retired and all the hype surrounding him was blown away he turned out to be one hell of a guy and one of sports greatest legends. Not saying Lewis would be in that class but all of a bit of an act perhaps?
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:18 pm

Nanu wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm Be honest if we all had his money would we be really bothered what people thought of us on social media?
£60 Million a year and I think I could just about cope with the negative comments.

PS Don't you suspect that it's all deliberate to attract attention which in turn attracts bigger payouts from sponsors? Mohammed Ali was a master at it years ago. The man we all watched and hoped he fell on his ar**. When he retired and all the hype surrounding him was blown away he turned out to be one hell of a guy and one of sports greatest legends. Not saying Lewis would be in that class but all of a bit of an act perhaps?
If Lewis is furtunate enough and good enough to beat Schumacher M"s title wins. Then he will deserve such accolades. Until then, he is a great F1 driver and very able to let his driving do the talking. :thumbsup:

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:53 pm

buzyg wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:18 pm
Nanu wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm Be honest if we all had his money would we be really bothered what people thought of us on social media?

If Lewis is furtunate enough and good enough to beat Schumacher M"s title wins. Then he will deserve such accolades. Until then, he is a great F1 driver and very able to let his driving do the talking. :thumbsup:
Fair comment
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:21 pm

What a qualifying lap at Singapore. :driving: :thumbsup:

Action Jackson

Post by Action Jackson » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Doesn't bother me in the slightest what he gets up to during his free time, when he starts acting like a child and complaining when the smallest little thing doesn't go his way is what winds me up! He's in (the best?) car, with a team that would come up with some crazy technology to move water if he wanted them to!

There's a lot more drivers on the grid i care about and have more time for at the moment. For example Esteban Ocon, how a driver of his caliber not getting a seat, yet seeing WDC possibilities for his future... Gotta add in the fact have a driver like Lance Stroll come along a BUY a team to get a half decent seat?! :headbang:

Oh F1! how i love yet hate you!

Rant over!

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 pm

I’m just praying we get both redbulls across the finish line tomorrow
Lotus Exige 350

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Woots wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 pm I’m just praying we get both redbulls across the finish line tomorrow
Yes, good luck with that. :thumbsup:

To be honest my biggest concern for you is the 1st corner!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:15 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:05 pm
Woots wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 pm I’m just praying we get both redbulls across the finish line tomorrow

Yes the first corner could be interesting tommorrow. Young V vs sensible old H. :lol: never thought I would write that about Lewis. :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:21 pm

Action Jackson wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:43 pm Doesn't bother me in the slightest what he gets up to during his free time, when he starts acting like a child and complaining when the smallest little thing doesn't go his way is what winds me up! He's in (the best?) car, with a team that would come up with some crazy technology to move water if he wanted them to!

There's a lot more drivers on the grid i care about and have more time for at the moment. For example Esteban Ocon, how a driver of his caliber not getting a seat, yet seeing WDC possibilities for his future... Gotta add in the fact have a driver like Lance Stroll come along a BUY a team to get a half decent seat?! :headbang:

Oh F1! how i love yet hate you!

Rant over!
I think I would have to disagree with you on the best car. I actually think the Ferrari is the slghtly faster car at the moment. It's just that Lewis is actually a better driver than those at Fezza. :fuelfire:

As for the young guns. I guess they need to convince others of their talents. Then they will get a drive. :wink:

Woots
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Woots » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Hoping Daniel starting P6 means all the carnage is in front of him and he manages to dodge it all!
Lotus Exige 350