Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bad_Pritt's Black Pearl II - Z4QP 3.0si

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
Bad_Pritt

Post by Bad_Pritt » Mon May 21, 2018 12:36 pm

So I've been playing a little with Photoshop te decide what I want to go for when modding met Coupé. I already bought gloss black 224 style wheels, taillight spray (black) and the carbon bootlip. I also have spacers from my previous Zed, for the front wheels. Further on the whishlist: aero side skirts, carbon M performance diffuser, quad pipes with 4 akrapovic (or similar)-look exhaust tips and probably a little more lowering. I'm not sure though which springs to take, as I already have the M-springs: so a little unclear to me how much it will drop with Eibach or H&R springs for example. Anyway, here's a before and after of the rear.

As for the front... I really don't know yet what I want. I like the aero front, but afraid it will make the car look backdated. Really like the Hamann front bumper, but unsure if it will suit the other mods... we'll see where I end up with that, lol. Would also like to change the standard single halo colour by installing led (or other type of bulb). Carly is also on the whishlist for programming of door lock, coming home lights, DRLs... Will be bankrupt soon.

Mister T

Post by Mister T » Mon May 21, 2018 1:11 pm

I quite like the ACS4 front lip (but get rid of those lower slats!)

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

Post by tomscott » Mon May 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Bad_Pritt wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 12:36 pm So I've been playing a little with Photoshop te decide what I want to go for when modding met Coupé. I already bought gloss black 224 style wheels, taillight spray (black) and the carbon bootlip. I also have spacers from my previous Zed, for the front wheels. Further on the whishlist: aero side skirts, carbon M performance diffuser, quad pipes with 4 akrapovic (or similar)-look exhaust tips and probably a little more lowering. I'm not sure though which springs to take, as I already have the M-springs: so a little unclear to me how much it will drop with Eibach or H&R springs for example. Anyway, here's a before and after of the rear.

As for the front... I really don't know yet what I want. I like the aero front, but afraid it will make the car look backdated. Really like the Hamann front bumper, but unsure if it will suit the other mods... we'll see where I end up with that, lol. Would also like to change the standard single halo colour by installing led (or other type of bulb). Carly is also on the whishlist for programming of door lock, coming home lights, DRLs... Will be bankrupt soon.

I had my 224s done in gunmetal. They look great when perfectly clean

ImageBMW Z4M Coupe by Tom Scott, on Flickr

But the majority of the time looked dull and lifeless

ImageBMW Z4M Coupe CSL & OEM Wheels by Tom Scott, on Flickr

Bad_Pritt

Post by Bad_Pritt » Mon May 21, 2018 4:16 pm

I had the CSLs before but requires lowering to look good and quite harsh to drive as they are 19 inch. The Zed may become my daily drive. I already have black 224s waiting to be mounted. But hey... wouldn’t be the first time I change my mind, lol.

Bad_Pritt

Post by Bad_Pritt » Mon May 28, 2018 4:37 pm

New wheels! :D :D :D

Bad_Pritt

Post by Bad_Pritt » Mon May 28, 2018 9:37 pm

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Mon May 28, 2018 9:48 pm

I for one am really liking that look, I'd be alternating with silver too - your car works with both :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Bad_Pritt

Post by Bad_Pritt » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:09 am

So I wasn't going to mod my Coupe... oh well.

Added carbon trunk/boot spoiler, partial black tail lights, black (huge) third brake light, new front spoiler lip and canards.

Bad_Pritt

Post by Bad_Pritt » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:11 am

Next on the list: coloured calipers (still not sure of the colour I'll be taking, maybe also black gloss?)

Bad_Pritt

Post by Bad_Pritt » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:28 pm

A couple of pics from my last trip with Roadsters & Coupés Events :-)

The full album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/q5YtSTdmtzFihtQJA

Pics of my Coupé :-)