Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Why has the “my next project.....” thread been locked

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Sat May 19, 2018 1:20 am

As per title really, not sure it should have been locked. The thread is clearly for ideas and data collection purposes? As it’s the forum ‘E85 / E86 discussion’ section, it only seems fair to discuss ideas before going on to consider producing something? It doesn’t go into any detail about what products are being offered because well, it’s just not got that far. It’s all in still hypothetical. There is a similar thread on 3D printed cup holders, but again that’s still a WIP and hasn’t got to the stage where it can be offered up to the forum as a product or service. Obviously once anything has got to that stage, it needs to be in the services section. But till then a bit of data collection and market feedback is okay? :?

That’s the way I see it, please correct me if I’m wrong! :?
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

Wondermike

Post by Wondermike » Sat May 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Primarily because there was already a thread running kis, and duplicates always get either merged together in the most appropriate section of the forum (99%) or one gets deleted if it has no other posts, and the remaining one is left where it is, or again moved somewhere more appropriate.

So if there is only one thread, appreciating that it isn't a black and white situation like the gearknob, is it more correct to leave the one already in forum services?

Buckley06

Post by Buckley06 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:47 pm

kis wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:20 am As per title really, not sure it should have been locked. The thread is clearly for ideas and data collection purposes? As it’s the forum ‘E85 / E86 discussion’ section, it only seems fair to discuss ideas before going on to consider producing something? It doesn’t go into any detail about what products are being offered because well, it’s just not got that far. It’s all in still hypothetical. There is a similar thread on 3D printed cup holders, but again that’s still a WIP and hasn’t got to the stage where it can be offered up to the forum as a product or service. Obviously once anything has got to that stage, it needs to be in the services section. But till then a bit of data collection and market feedback is okay? :?

That’s the way I see it, please correct me if I’m wrong! :?
Thank you.

I will add the link to my signature suggested by Mike so should hopfuly still get attention :thumbsup:
Please check out my new project.
B06 gear knob and brake lever set.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=109279

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Sat May 19, 2018 2:37 pm

I get why you’re wanting to leave it in just forum services but it’s not going to get the traction or input that you’d normally get from discussion section.

It’s like when someone posts a what’s it worth thread and then puts up a selling post 2 days later. The original discussion thread is necessary for a proper selling advert.

Since the post in discussion was made, a lot more posts and views were made when the other in services had been running longer but not received so much attention.

I’ve got no connection with Buckley but just think to make something which will add value to us as members it’s first gotta be discussed.

I guess if you update the knob thread (will notify everyone who posted there) and put as signature then it can generate some interest...
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

Buckley06

Post by Buckley06 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:04 pm

kis wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:37 pm I get why you’re wanting to leave it in just forum services but it’s not going to get the traction or input that you’d normally get from discussion section.

It’s like when someone posts a what’s it worth thread and then puts up a selling post 2 days later. The original discussion thread is necessary for a proper selling advert.

Since the post in discussion was made, a lot more posts and views were made when the other in services had been running longer but not received so much attention.

I’ve got no connection with Buckley but just think to make something which will add value to us as members it’s first gotta be discussed.

I guess if you update the knob thread (will notify everyone who posted there) and put as signature then it can generate some interest...
I do %100 agree with you but if the moderator had made a decision than I suppose I must respect it.
Even though i disagree with it and share your value.
Maybe Wondermike may take our point of view and move my post back into general discussion and reopen it :poke:
Please check out my new project.
B06 gear knob and brake lever set.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=109279