Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SOLD What sort of price should I ask?

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
earthdweller

What sort of price should I ask?

Post by earthdweller » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:18 am

Lovely looking car

My local dealer is very good and showed me everything about my car on their system when I bought it .. a call to BMW confirmed the first service( the only one I didn’t have the paperwork for and a quick call to that dealer confirmed everything done

I think you could “build” a service history for the vehicle quite easily, and whilst I appreciate you don’t have the original paperwork you could list all it’s visits, details of work done and dealer names and contact numbers

Any prospective purchaser could then make just one phone call to BMW and confirm everything

I think though, that evidence of recent and preventative maintenance as the car got older and more recent is more important than knowing it had a service 10 years ago

Condition is the most important thing and it’s history in your ownership shows a well loved and genuine car
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Mark_A

Post by Mark_A » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Sold today without ever being advertised!

Lower end of the figures people suggested but for a quick and absolutely effortless sale I was happy to do that.

Hope the new owner gets much enjoyment from her. :driving:

Cheers

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:38 pm

Nice one, glad it was nice and smooth. Unfortunately that's not often the case! :thumbsup:
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

rally-chris

Post by rally-chris » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Well done, does that mean the new owner is on the forum already?

Chris
08 Z4 3.0si Sport Coupe in Montego Blue

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Mark_A wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm Sold today without ever being advertised!

Lower end of the figures people suggested but for a quick and absolutely effortless sale I was happy to do that.

Hope the new owner gets much enjoyment from her. :driving:

Cheers
Good news then if you were happy with that - and hopefully it means the new owner is already on here! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Ronnie3232

Post by Ronnie3232 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:39 am

Local bmw dealer sold me a new service book for £20 then contacted the dealers who serviced it and got the book stamped from there records at no extra cost, worth a try just brown nose the local dealer a bit

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:13 pm

rally-chris wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:11 pm Well done, does that mean the new owner is on the forum already?

Chris
I bought it. I'm a big newb. I only joined the board a week or two ago, and it's all been a bit rash and impulsive.

I'm not a big petrolhead, to be honest I don't think I was even aware Z4 coupes were a thing a month ago. but I decided I wanted a fun car and had been rooting rooting round Pistonheads looking for ideas really. DB7s, SL500s, Caterhams, Morgans, were all considered, but when I saw the lines of the coupe I thought "that'll do me."

I've since realised that my long-standing thing for Triumph GT6s maybe influenced that hankering. Afterall, the Spitfire was the car that Triumph sold in big numbers, but someone decided to whack a straight six in the thing, weld a roof on, and they ended up with a car that was stiffer but so much prettier - To me at least, beauty's in the eye and all that. I see parallels, YMMV.

Anyway, with Mark being obviously genuine, the collective board opinion that he was looking for a sensible sum for a good car, the service history issue wasn't really a concern... I'm not looking to sell anytime soon, I'll find out how much of a problem that is in due course. For the moment the car's very much as described and I'm delighted with it. It seems like an awful lot of car for the money TBH.

So, that's my story. I'm Andy and I live in the Fens. I have no expertise whatsoever, but I'll be sticking around to see what I can learn from you all.
Last edited by Fogg on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:20 pm

Welcome to the world of Zs Andy , maybe not the usual first steps into finding / owning but you're here & the car looks mighty fine .
I love the 86 shape , ive had 3 , they are a rare thing to see out on the roads & to my eyes show no signs whatsoever of dating anytime soon .
Enjoy it & feel free to throw up a post in the newbie section with some pics , always well received :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

gerryp

Post by gerryp » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi and welcome along.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Nice move Andy - impulsive buys are often the best type, looks like you can’t go wrong with this coupe at that price. Well done :thumbsup:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:36 am

Congratulations on the sale OP

Congratulations on the purchase Andy .. looks like you got a great car and welcome to the club
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:10 pm

Welcome to the forum Andy - sometimes if you like something you just need to buy it. :thumbsup:

My inspiration for an E86 wasn't so much the GT6 as the E-Type FHC that I'll never afford - barring a lottery win!

I hope you are enjoying your car, and as has been suggested why not put up an intro post on the Newbies forum - but make sure you include photos! :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Post by kis » Wed May 02, 2018 8:29 am

Ronnie3232 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:39 am Local bmw dealer sold me a new service book for £20 then contacted the dealers who serviced it and got the book stamped from there records at no extra cost, worth a try just brown nose the local dealer a bit
I'd be tempted to go down this route Fogg as for little money you'll have a bit of history with the car whether you keep it or not. It's always a nice to have, and since it seems the majority of work was done at various dealers it seems silly not to at least give it a go?
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

Fogg

Post by Fogg » Wed May 02, 2018 10:57 am

I imagine I will try that when I get time. I'm not too far from where the car's first years were spent, so I can go to Lincoln / Sleaford and find out how helpful the dealers are.

To me it's not a huge issue. Granted, a full history is a beneficial thing to have, especially when selling, but with warranty consequences long being irrelevant the main thing to me is the car itself over its paperwork.

I'll get round to taking a few pics and doing the proper introduction at some stage too. Promise!

adam04

Post by adam04 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:25 pm

As others have said BMW are pretty helpful with the service history, i think they even have a dedicated number (premium rate obviously...) and they will tell you all the info over the phone. Its then just a case of getting the book stamped, if they are all within a reasonable distance you can make a day out/drive of it to go and get it stamped As you say youre in no real rush so might aswell make something of it.

Sure you wont be disappointed with the Zed.
2003 E85 3.0i Auto Titanium Silver / Aerobody Kit / Cruise / Xenons / Cupholders....