Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hunter Wheel alignment in Essex, anyone?

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:45 am

I live in Thurrock and the alignment place I used previously has changed name and increased their prices massively, so that's a no go now :lol:

Does anyone have any recommendations for places that will actually do a decent job and spend the time setting the car up correctly?

I have a quote from AMD Essex of £90+ vat, which isn't too bad. They're also around the corner from me, so that's a bonus.

Any others?
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Looney

Post by Looney » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:47 pm

I am also looking for the same, now i have a 19s on.
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Go onto alignmycar website. That should give you an idea of the places that use hunter machines.
Doesn't give recommendations though.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

MJJamieson

Post by MJJamieson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Not to be shot down in flames but i use Kwik Fit. They do a 2 year deal for £130 and you can take it in four times over that period and they use the Hunter system. My local branch seem knowledgeable but might not be the same for all areas.
2004 E85 Z4 2.5i SE Sterling Grey.

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:05 pm

dhobbs wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:36 pm Go onto alignmycar website. That should give you an idea of the places that use hunter machines.
Doesn't give recommendations though.
I've used that before and the first one that came up was a local kwik fit style garage. Not exactly the place who would seem to have any real knowledge of BMW's.

The reason I say this is because quite a few guys on here have had their Z4's set-up using the wrong car settings e.g Z4 sport suspension has been put down as Z4M etc.

I don't particularly want to have to go through all that.

I assume AMD are pretty good? They have a BTCC team, so can't be that bad :lol: :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

dhobbs

Post by dhobbs » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:56 pm

There's a few who recommend getting the E46 M3 CSL setup over the standard Z4 settings. I assume it's better for fast roads and the track.
3.0si roadster. Requisite stubby. Sound gen mod. LED numberplate lights. LED boot strip. Interior lights LED too. ZHP gearknob. Daily drive :driving:
Motor in boot. Bilstein B8 dampers. New radio, much better sounds :thumbsup:

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:54 pm

I’ve used these guys a couple of times, only charge if it needs adjustments-our mini was in & out with no charge
https://www.tyre-smart.com/
:thumbsup:

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Angelus666

Post by Angelus666 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:56 pm

PMW in Chlemsford are very good for BMW work...have had mine serviced there in the past couple of years. Very good guys.

Dev

Post by Dev » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:32 pm

I used to use Elite in Rainham many years back. They do Hunter alignment, not sure of their costs these days.
2003 E85 Z4 3.0 Titanium Silver

byrondog

Post by byrondog » Sun May 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Is there different wheel and hub assembly when you have abs brake system and without ABS

Stuartt

Post by Stuartt » Sun May 12, 2019 6:50 pm

I had my 35i done at https://www.pbreadingmotorservices.co.uk/ they are very good and I've known them for years.
Im having the 35is done on Tuesday. Not sure on cost as they always do me a bit of a deal :wink:

They are in Great Wakering so might want someone closer.

Stuart
2004 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:
2010 e89 35i Sdrive M sport. GONE for salvage :cry: but has been reborn

2014 e89 35is M-Sport Design Pure Traction 😈😈😈

ihadablackdog

Post by ihadablackdog » Tue May 14, 2019 2:33 pm

MJJamieson wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:53 pm Not to be shot down in flames but i use Kwik Fit. They do a 2 year deal for £130 and you can take it in four times over that period and they use the Hunter system. My local branch seem knowledgeable but might not be the same for all areas.
I goto my local Kwik-Fit as well and the 2 year deal I got was £99 and unlimited checks on a hunter system. They guys in my branch are brilliant, never feels like a rush job and have helped me with previous cars and not charged! Sunday afternoons are the best time as they are a bit quieter.

Considering it can be knocked out again by potholes, is having it done once good enough/last?
2011 E89 sDrive20i