Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Audi TT roadster or Z4

Discussion of other cars non-Z4
Capa

Audi TT roadster or Z4

Post by Capa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 pm

I ran a TT for a couple of years before moving to a Z4C. They're bomb proof, and very easy to live with. There's an upgrade you can do to the lower arms that provides a bit more feel to the steering, but it won't be a Lotus, then again neither will an EPS fed Z4. The TT was lardy, and the engine was eminently forgettable, but it was pretty useful in the wet. In fact, as a whole provided it was driven with commitment it's actually a quicker car than many give it credit for.

All is said and done; not one day have I regretted ditching the TT. It's a pretty Golf at the end of the day. View it as such and I don't think you'll be disappointed. As a sidenote, fuel economy was dreadful for what it was - think 31, whereas I get 28 in the Z, but at least it's a 3 litre 6 rather than a 1.8T. :/

Beware, there are plenty of lousy examples of each out there.
E86 | Stratus Grey

jeffreyt

Audi TT roadster or Z4

Post by jeffreyt » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:10 pm

well,have just spent a couple of days going round various dealers looking at TT's and Z4's.
They were not exactly busy and all moaning about the bad weather keeping all those lucky customers at home.
I will keep my thoughts to myself on the quality of the automobile engineering knowledge that most of the individuals displayed but I did meet a couple of guys who understood the principle of the internal combustion engine so will not tar them all with the same brush.
My impression of the TT roadster is great cabin , quite lively performance (225 Quattro) but bland ride.
My impression of the Z 4 was 'it's a real sports car'.
The Z4 was a 2.2 and I was surprised at how well it went,my expectation was that it would be a bit under powered and that I would have to get a 2.5 or 3.0 .That gives me a lot more choice.
Given the fairly sedate road legal speeds on the test drives it's difficult to really compare the handling capabilities of each,all I will say is that I much preferred the 'feel' of the Z4 and that was with the dreaded RF tyres .
So, decision pretty much made.
Thanks to all for the feed back.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Audi TT roadster or Z4

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:37 pm

you made the right choice :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D