Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

March 25th ,2018 Scottish Borders meet,Update 9/3/18...LUNCH ORDERS

Post details of upcoming meets and events in here.
craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am

ronk wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:21 pm
AlienZed wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:19 pm big thanks to Craig for organising another great days driving ,even the weather was on our side.We have had a great weekend , thanks bud.
Had loadsa fun on the twisty bits and a bit challenging at times avoiding the potholes whilst trying to keep up with the blue M . :D
M.
20180325_105028.jpg
Is that the Samye Lyng Buddhist centre?
It s indeed :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:47 am

MefiEcosse wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:11 am Still gutted I missed this today!
Looking forward to next months Braemar run! :thumbsup:
Yes,get the Alpina sorted for once and for all mate....you missed a great meet,despite some dodgy road surfaces at times,it wasnt as bad as it sounds.
Was a very enjoyable day,in equally good company.
You missed out mate :driving:
See you on the Braemar run,if not sooner :thumbsup:

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:00 am

earthdweller wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:51 am Thanks Craig for a great well organised run

Excellent lunch in Lockerbie and some good banter

Even though we stopped at a random Buddhist temple it did no help with the “Holy” roads !

Only one mad cyclist this time .. but I bet his innards are still quaking after a pass by the rumbling V10 monster :rofl:

All in all . Great roads fantastic scenery and filthy Zeds :driving:

Looking forward to Skye in May :thumbsup:
Was good to see you again,Andy. Hope Euan enjoyed it and his sweets,lol.

Some not so good roads,but also plenty of very good driving roads that were decent enough, condition wise.
I certainly saved the best for last,as you said at the end,the last hours drive was one of the highlights for me.....coming down that road from Selkirk,looking down through that valley is an epic view,not to mention some wonderful driving roads,and pretty much traffic free :D :driving:

See you in Skye for hopefully more of the same,and maybe even some warmer weather :thumbsup:

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:08 am

ScoobyR1 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:04 am Thanks Craig
Despite all your efforts, describing the route, handing me a copy of the route THEN describing the route a 2nd time ............I still only managed the 1st roundabout before I was lost :oops:
My dearest Google maps taking me up narrow farm tracks full of cowshit, potholes, Ford's ( the watery features, not the car ) and Farmer Palmer :headbang:
I ended my group run heading up the A7 home, all by myself.
Despite that it was lovely to meet you all and a note to myself for any future meets would be to get into my car 5 minutes before everyone else so that I can at least see which way they went! :tumbleweed:
As I said in my pm, apologies for thinking I had made it clear we were going to Hawick,and we would stop there. I thought you had heard me say that. The other 3 we "lost" appear to have just went home,rather than leaving from Hawick,as we had(the rest of us) expected them to get to the carpark in Hawick Before going home,lol.

The one or two errors on my part,re emphasizing the Hawick Stop,and taking one or two slight wrong turns, briefly...I am putting down to feeling crap,full of the flu,etc!

Was good to meet you,and I waited until you were getting your chair into your car,so assumed you were almost ready,then gave it a few minutes before heading off slowly. Apologies for that,though others had said you were behind them after leaving Lockerbie?

Hope it didn't put you off coming on another meet,was good to see you,and hope to see you again soon :thumbsup: :driving:

patriot66
Lifer
Lifer

Post by patriot66 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:31 am

Well done fellas. Looks like you had a good day out and the weather was kind too. I remember some of those roads last year, the stretch past The Grey Mares Tail Waterfall in particular. I also remember that Tibetan Monastery place because my lad Tyler blurted out "WTF is a place like that doing out here ? Well I suppose it is like the Himalayas !" :D
Sterling Grey '03 2.5i SE / Infinitas Supercharger / S.M.G / Hardtop / Gloss Black 162s / Bilstein B4s / 3.0i Brakes / DLV De-Cat & Silencer / Rebuilt VANOS / Sonar 2Xcite Lights / Carbon & Alcantara Trim / M-Sport Seats / ...& Side Covers !

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:02 pm

patriot66 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:31 am Well done fellas. Looks like you had a good day out and the weather was kind too. I remember some of those roads last year, the stretch past The Grey Mares Tail Waterfall in particular. I also remember that Tibetan Monastery place because my lad Tyler blurted out "WTF is a place like that doing out here ? Well I suppose it is like the Himalayas !" :D
Cheers,and a pity you missed it. Was slightly different from last year's run,but excellent all the same.
It is funny seeing that place in the middle of the Scottish borders,lol

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Looks like you all had a pretty decent run and with some decent weather. Its a real shame that I missed it, but am really looking forward to attending the Braemar run in April :D :driving:
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

earthdweller

Post by earthdweller » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Just out of interest .. well maybe not !

I travelled up through the Dales and up through Settle and Kirkby Lonsdale up to Windermere and then over the Kirkstone Pass to Ullswater and then picked up the M6 up to Moffat at Penrith

Sunday a day of hooning followed by the M6 all the way back down

Total of 477 miles and 31 mpg over the weekend

Pretty impressive really .. and no I wasn’t hypermiling

:driving: through
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

AlienZed

Post by AlienZed » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Hmmm .
I did 511 mls from our house n back .
Av 28.5 mpg .
Wuda bin more but Craig made me chase him :rofl:
M

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:43 pm

Swiftly wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:34 pm Looks like you all had a pretty decent run and with some decent weather. Its a real shame that I missed it, but am really looking forward to attending the Braemar run in April :D :driving:
Yes,you missed a good meet,and decent folk, including quite a few first timers to the meets :thumbsup:
Hope your Dad's on he mend.

See you on the Braemar run :driving:

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:46 pm

AlienZed wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 pm Hmmm .
I did 511 mls from our house n back .
Av 28.5 mpg .
Wuda bin more but Craig made me chase him :rofl:
M
Funnily enough,my mpg could have been more,but I had a UFO on my tail for a chunk of the day,lol :rofl:

Was a good pace though,when the roads allowed,and given the damp and cool weather, meaning lack of grip from the back tyres,even with the traction control on :D
Could have been more,but I do like to rev it in third a bit,lol
Last edited by craig3.2 on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:50 pm

earthdweller wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:12 pm Just out of interest .. well maybe not !

I travelled up through the Dales and up through Settle and Kirkby Lonsdale up to Windermere and then over the Kirkstone Pass to Ullswater and then picked up the M6 up to Moffat at Penrith

Sunday a day of hooning followed by the M6 all the way back down

Total of 477 miles and 31 mpg over the weekend

Pretty impressive really .. and no I wasn’t hypermiling

:driving: through
Haven't checked the mileage,but mpg for the day was 23.2 by the time I got home :)

ScoobyR1

Post by ScoobyR1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:08 am

craig3.2 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:08 amWas
Unfortunately Craig, once getting into the car there is a complicated series of levers and pulleys which all must be operated in the correct order before pulling away us achieved :rofl:
This usually takes an additional 5 minutes ! :)
'03 Titan Silver 3.0 auto. Hand controls, CC, MFSW CSL reps, H&R ARB's, :thumbsup:

Now sold '03 Sterling grey 2.5 E85 :(

ScoobyR1

Post by ScoobyR1 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:12 am

craig3.2 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:08 am
Despite all your efforts, describing the route, handing me a copy of the route THEN describing the route a 2nd time ............I still only managed the 1st roundabout before I was lost :oops:
My dearest Google maps taking me up narrow farm tracks full of cowshit, potholes, Ford's ( the watery features, not the car ) and Farmer Palmer :headbang:
Despite that it was lovely to meet you all and a note to myself for any future meets would be to get into my car 5 minutes before everyone else so that I can at least see which way they went! :tumbleweed:
As I said in my pm, apologies for thinking I had made it clear we were going to Hawick,and we would stop there. I thought you had heard me say that. The other 3 we "lost" appear to have just went home,rather than leaving from Hawick,as we had(the rest of us) expected them to get to the carpark in Hawick Before going home,lol.

The one or two errors on my part,re emphasizing the Hawick Stop,and taking one or two slight wrong turns, briefly...I am putting down to feeling crap,full of the flu,etc!

Was good to meet you,and I waited until you were getting your chair into your car,so assumed you were almost ready,then gave it a few minutes before heading off slowly. Apologies for that,though others had said you were behind them after leaving Lockerbie?

Hope it didn't put you off coming on another meet,was good to see you,and hope to see you again soon :thumbsup: :driving:
Unfortunately Craig, once getting into the car there is a complicated series of levers and pulleys which all must be operated in the correct order before pulling away us achieved :rofl:
'03 Titan Silver 3.0 auto. Hand controls, CC, MFSW CSL reps, H&R ARB's, :thumbsup:

Now sold '03 Sterling grey 2.5 E85 :(

craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

Post by craig3.2 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:12 pm

ScoobyR1 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:12 am
craig3.2 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:08 am

Yeah, apologies for not leaving enough time once you and your chair was in your car.
My brother in law is in a chair due to ms,so I have an idea of the extra time needed,and sorry for not leaving you enough time.I thought I had.
Will hope to see you on another meet soon,and all going well, you can enjoy the full day :thumbsup: