E89 Market watch

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Post Reply
Online
User avatar
sunnydays
Member
Member
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:50 am

E89 Market watch

Post by sunnydays » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:37 pm

2010 35is with 27k on the clock for only £18500. Any idea why this could be so cheap guys? Seems very under priced compared to the rest of the market,

Looking at its MOT history it looks like it was off the road for one year, then barely added any mileage for the last 3.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... =Z4&page=1
Z4 35is | Space Grey
BMS DCI | VRSF DP's | MHD Stage 2
Eibach Springs | 437M Forged 19" | MPSS

User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 19930
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

E89 Market watch

Post by mr wilks » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 pm

8yr old , high powered 2 seater cars a very niche market & red is a 50 / 50 colour
Due to age & prospective running costs I suspect not many bought now as daily drivers so £18k /£20k cash tied up in a low use weekend treat means a very limited pool of buyers :(
Id say realistically priced :?
Previous Zs :roll:
E86
E85
///MR
Si E85
E89 23i
Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
///MR
35i Msport 6spd
E86
///MR
E86
35is

911 997 Carrera4


Image

https://www.instagram.com/andy911wheels/

HillWalker
Member
Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Stoke on Trent

E89 Market watch

Post by HillWalker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 pm

My one owner 2014 35is and only done 6k miles was valued on WBAC a few weeks ago at 17500 a couple of months earlier it was 20000. Not that I'm thinking of selling for one minute,I love it, hopefully even more in spring when I get my new runflats fitted :thumbsup:

Online
Mavster
Member
Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 pm

E89 Market watch

Post by Mavster » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:22 am

mr wilks wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 pm
8yr old , high powered 2 seater cars a very niche market & red is a 50 / 50 colour
Due to age & prospective running costs I suspect not many bought now as daily drivers so £18k /£20k cash tied up in a low use weekend treat means a very limited pool of buyers :(
Id say realistically priced :?
I'd agree. Probably paid £14-15 for it also. I might put in an offer for it.
Deepsea blue 35iS :thumbsup:

Online
User avatar
sunnydays
Member
Member
Posts: 746
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:50 am

E89 Market watch

Post by sunnydays » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:49 am

mr wilks wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 pm
8yr old , high powered 2 seater cars a very niche market & red is a 50 / 50 colour
Due to age & prospective running costs I suspect not many bought now as daily drivers so £18k /£20k cash tied up in a low use weekend treat means a very limited pool of buyers :(
Id say realistically priced :?
Fair enough, it is just drastically cheaper than alot of the other cars on the market. Will be interesting to see how long it hangs around for sure!
Z4 35is | Space Grey
BMS DCI | VRSF DP's | MHD Stage 2
Eibach Springs | 437M Forged 19" | MPSS

HillWalker
Member
Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 pm
Location: Stoke on Trent

E89 Market watch

Post by HillWalker » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:50 am

HillWalker wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 pm
My one owner 2014 35is and only done 6k miles was valued on WBAC a few weeks ago at 17500 a couple of months earlier it was 20000. Not that I'm thinking of selling for one minute,I love it, hopefully even more in spring when I get my new runflats fitted :thumbsup:
Of course that was meant to say non runflats :oops:

Online
User avatar
Pbondar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 am
Location: Scottish Borders

E89 Market watch

Post by Pbondar » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 am

HillWalker wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 pm
My one owner 2014 35is and only done 6k miles was valued on WBAC a few weeks ago at 17500 a couple of months earlier it was 20000. Not that I'm thinking of selling for one minute,I love it, hopefully even more in spring when I get my new runflats fitted :thumbsup:
I asked WBAC this week for a price for my 2013 2.0 msport Auto at 33,000 miles and that was just under £13k...

I needed a valuation for my insurance requote...so that’s down from £17k a year ago from a main dealer..

Seems about right sadly...
2012 E89 20i MSport Auto Atacama Yellow, Fully loaded in its day.. Changes (Re-map/Wheels/Tyres/Spoiler/Steering Wheel/Shock Absorbers/ARB/Rear Diffuser/Brakes/Speakers/Amps/ASD delete) Upcoming changes (Quaife LSD) Full Whippy here!

Image

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9049
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: In a barn

E89 Market watch

Post by Smartbear » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:49 am

Pbondar wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 am
HillWalker wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 pm
My one owner 2014 35is and only done 6k miles was valued on WBAC a few weeks ago at 17500 a couple of months earlier it was 20000. Not that I'm thinking of selling for one minute,I love it, hopefully even more in spring when I get my new runflats fitted :thumbsup:
I asked WBAC this week for a price for my 2013 2.0 msport Auto at 33,000 miles and that was just under £13k...

I needed a valuation for my insurance requote...so that’s down from £17k a year ago from a main dealer..

Seems about right sadly...
Sounds like that was main dealer retail but wbac buy in?
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4 :P
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si, i foolishly sold my trouble free car...

User avatar
Kugaman1
Member
Member
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:16 pm
Location: North East Scotland

E89 Market watch

Post by Kugaman1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Pbondar wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 am
HillWalker wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 pm


I asked WBAC this week for a price for my 2013 2.0 msport Auto at 33,000 miles and that was just under £13k...

I needed a valuation for my insurance requote...so that’s down from £17k a year ago from a main dealer..

Seems about right sadly...
Wow......
I just put my 2013(63) 2.0 Msport manual with 22000 miles, 2 owners and massive spec in....
Was offered £11000!!!!

WTF?

Online
Mavster
Member
Member
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 pm

E89 Market watch

Post by Mavster » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:36 pm

...Perhaps good old Phil Schofield don't like your one :D
Deepsea blue 35iS :thumbsup:

Jimi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 pm
Location: Normandy

E89 Market watch

Post by Jimi » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:38 pm

I'm always surprised and sometimes shocked regarding to the English market prices. :o
Very difficult and even Impossible, in France, to find a 35IS under 30 000€ with less than 100 000 kms.

User avatar
mr wilks
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 19930
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

E89 Market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Jimi wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:38 pm
I'm always surprised and sometimes shocked regarding to the English market prices. :o
Very difficult and even Impossible, in France, to find a 35IS under 30 000€ with less than 100 000 kms.
Jimi wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:38 pm
I'm always surprised and sometimes shocked regarding to the English market prices. :o
Very difficult and even Impossible, in France, to find a 35IS under 30 000€ with less than 100 000 kms.
Wine is much cheaper though :wink:
Previous Zs :roll:
E86
E85
///MR
Si E85
E89 23i
Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
///MR
35i Msport 6spd
E86
///MR
E86
35is

911 997 Carrera4


Image

https://www.instagram.com/andy911wheels/

Jimi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 pm
Location: Normandy

E89 Market watch

Post by Jimi » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:31 pm

That's so true... :D

Online
User avatar
step_change
Member
Member
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:21 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

E89 Market watch

Post by step_change » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:28 pm

sunnydays wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:37 pm
2010 35is with 27k on the clock for only £18500. Any idea why this could be so cheap guys? Seems very under priced compared to the rest of the market,

Looking at its MOT history it looks like it was off the road for one year, then barely added any mileage for the last 3.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... =Z4&page=1
I bought my highly specified 2013 35is from Keith on here start of January for £18k which was a bargain I think. Admittedly, higher mileage at 54500 but such a beast of an engine and well built chassis it is immaculate and not a squeak on it. I can afford to run it as a second car for dry weather. I love it and will run it for a few years.
EF2263CC-796E-4061-A0C0-EFDC14B8D0A8.jpeg
EF2263CC-796E-4061-A0C0-EFDC14B8D0A8.jpeg (285.97 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Image
Current: 2013 35is, Melbourne Red, DCT, Nav, Comfort pack
Gone: 2007 2.5is, Montego Blue, Auto, Nav

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10633
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

E89 Market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:47 pm

step_change wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:28 pm
I bought my highly specified 2013 35is from Keith on here start of January for £18k which was a bargain I think. Admittedly, higher mileage at 54500 but such a beast of an engine and well built chassis it is immaculate and not a squeak on it. I can afford to run it as a second car for dry weather. I love it and will run it for a few years.
Lovely looking car, especially in that colour combination. :thumbsup:
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey, Cirrus trim & 295s. Cruise, Storage and pdc. E90 330i as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

Post Reply