Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Few M questions...

"M" Specific discussion
Angelus666

Few M questions...

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Rather than start separate threads, I have a few questions hopefully the forum can answer...

1- I have a bit of wear on the seat side bolster, so is it possible to swap the driver and passenger seats (obviously leaving the bases intact)...?
2 - I annoyingly put 'nice' metal valve caps on, and now they seem to be seized on won't undo....is there an easy way to remove these without causing too much damage?
3 - How much is a set of new M badges and roundels for the outside of the car? When you've detailed your car you can't help but keep looking at the tiny lacquer bubbles.... :headbang:
4 - Has any amateur detailers ceramic coated their car...? Was it as easy a process as the YouTube videos make out? I'm a pretty decent detailer so thought I might give this a go in the spring.

That will be all for now... :D

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Few M questions...

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:29 pm

2. Heat them up a bit.

srhutch

Few M questions...

Post by srhutch » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:04 pmRather than start separate threads, I have a few questions hopefully the forum can answer...

1- I have a bit of wear on the seat side bolster, so is it possible to swap the driver and passenger seats (obviously leaving the bases intact)...?

If you stripped the seat right down probably fine swapping the leather over. Back cover is different though so can’t just swap the entire backrest.

2 - I annoyingly put 'nice' metal valve caps on, and now they seem to be seized on won't undo....is there an easy way to remove these without causing too much damage?
3 - How much is a set of new M badges and roundels for the outside of the car? When you've detailed your car you can't help but keep looking at the tiny lacquer bubbles.... :headbang:

A s**t load of cash for oem.

4 - Has any amateur detailers ceramic coated their car...? Was it as easy a process as the YouTube videos make out? I'm a pretty decent detailer so thought I might give this a go in the spring.

Not worth it for mine, it has an easy life and I don’t mind giving it a polish.

That will be all for now... :D

Spaniarduk

Few M questions...

Post by Spaniarduk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:53 pm

My suggestion for seized up caps.

Turn each wheel until the valves are at the top of the wheel (valves point towards the floor). Then spray some loosening fluid (similar to WD40, but specific for rusty bolts and nuts). Leave it to soak. Repeat of needed. Get two pairs of pliers, one to hold the valve itself, the other to turn the valve caps.

Good luck.
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino
Yo me entretengo 🕺💃