Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 Coupe wanted

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
zedfourcoupe

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by zedfourcoupe » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Hello,

This is my first post, so firstly hello to the forum.
I'm currently looking for a Z4 Coupe so I thought this would be a good place to start!
I've owned a fair number of 3, 5 & 7 series, but would love to find a nice Z4 to keep.
I'm looking for a manual Sport ideally with sub 70k miles and a good service history.
If anyone is thinking of selling one, feel free to let me know. I'm based in Surrey.
Many thanks!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Manual Sport Coupe is a great choice - even if I am totally biased as I'm on my second!

I ended up selling my first in response to a post like yours, but won't make that mistake again (and anyway my current one is nearly at 85K miles)! :lol:

I hope you find one you like soon, and when you do don't forget to post some photos.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by buzyg » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:42 am

Welcome to the forum & happy hunting. :thumbsup:

Chris1981

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by Chris1981 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:02 am

Great choice of car and good luck with your search... there's a few up for sale in this section, do you have any preferences regarding colour or options, any essentials like heated seats or sat nav?? Might be worth mentioning those to help narrow the search? :thumbsup:
E86 Coupe 3.0si Sport - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey with Piano Black dash
BC BR series Coilovers, powerflex bushes, 15mm spacers, Custom SS exhaust, CDV delete

Buckz

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by Buckz » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am

Mine will soon be up for sale.

65k right now, 8k to the next service in the last 8k miles had -;

new control arms
lolipops
rear springs
full hunter alignment
head unit with BT/usb etc.
comes on style 224 alloys in gunmetal etc.
it's silver grey sport with red leather and alu cirrus dash trim.
sports seats
mfsw with recent new trim(looks great)

I will be looking for around 10k.

MOT is due in two weeks and is booked in on Saturday.

keep an eye out for the ad in the forums :) I'm in west sussex.

zedfourcoupe

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by zedfourcoupe » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 pm

Thanks for the friendly replies!

Buckz, your car might be exactly what I'm looking for. Could you send me a message with contact details so i can find out more?
I was planning to view cars Friday & the weekend so it would be good to know more about yours before.

More details of what I'm after;
Silver, grey, black, carbon black or monaco blue (covers most!). Open to interior colour, though I prefer the coloured leather in these over fully black.
Spec wise I'm more interested in the condition and a good service history with paperwork.
Most I've enquired about have had their 1st services close to 20k miles, though I may have to settle for this as it seems it was the nature of the servicing at the time unfortunately.
Thanks again.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Buckz wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am
Just a thought, but you might want to update your profile! Just below your photo it says "London". :roll:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:47 pm

zedfourcoupe wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 pm Thanks for the friendly replies!

Buckz, your car might be exactly what I'm looking for. Could you send me a message with contact details so i can find out more?
I was planning to view cars Friday & the weekend so it would be good to know more about yours before.

Silver, grey, black, carbon black or monaco blue (covers most!). Open to interior colour, though I prefer the coloured leather in these over fully black.
Spec wise I'm more interested in the condition and a good service history with paperwork.
Most I've enquired about have had their 1st services close to 20k miles, though I may have to settle for this as it seems it was the nature of the servicing at the time unfortunately.
Thanks again.
FWIW I think you need to have at least 5 posts before Personal Messages work, in case that helps!

You've covered most colour options, but I can't see Montego Blue on your list! :(

I agree with you on the interior colours - seeing as the Sport models have a black headlining I really didn't want black seats! Luckily both of mine were Pearl Grey, but in a grey/silver/black car I'd try to find red seats! There are even a few around with bi-colour seats which really stand out (especially in Phoenix Yellow). :lol:

The service schedule for these cars is "condition based", so it's not unusual for them to get close to 20K before the OBC flags up a service as being due. The default is 2 years, but given what they cost new most first owners probably did the miles before the time came up!

Back when I used to have newish BMWs my local dealer told me a month or 1,000 miles either way wouldn't cause any issue with the warranty.

I hope you have a successful weekend! :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

earthdweller

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by earthdweller » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 am

Welcome to the forum

Good choice of car although shame you won’t be able to see the sky !

The 3.Osi really is a hidden gem

I wouldn’t worry about the car doing 15-17k before it’s first service .. it’s totally normal with modern BMWs as there is no running in service

The difference between good ones and dross is quite marked, with good cherished cars standing out a mile

There are loads of very knowledgeable folk on here

For me an SI Sport is the sweet spot

Good luck with the search
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Buckz

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by Buckz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:49 am

zedfourcoupe wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 pm Thanks for the friendly replies!

Thanks again.
PM'd if you can't see your pm's then let me know here.
Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:29 pm
Buckz wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:22 am
Just a thought, but you might want to update your profile! Just below your photo it says "London". :roll:
you're right! updated :)

zedfourcoupe

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by zedfourcoupe » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:50 am

Thanks for the replies & service advice..

Horse

Z4 Coupe wanted

Post by Horse » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi there. I'm currently selling mine, although it's automatic and has black leather. Let me know if interested! https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 2132022032