Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

How do I change the headlamp direction>

2003 - 2009, roadster, coupe, facelift
derin100

Post by derin100 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:11 pm

monaco_blue wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:22 pm
GNH wrote:I had a read through this and some other threads before setting off to France and Spain and I just could not see a picture of the adjustment lever for the xenons on my 2006 car. I had the chance of a BMW technician to show me where they are and took the opportunity to take some pics. Basically it's unlikely that you will be able to get your head far enough into the wheelarch to see the lever even if you take the wheels off. Plus the hard plastic cover on the rear of the offside unit is a struggle to remove completely because it fouls someother components.

The lever is located to the right hand side of both lamp units ie to the outside of the car on the offside and to the centre of the car on the nearside (RHD only of course).

Here's a pic of the nearside unit if it helps anyone. The lever is highlighted with the white circle. I switched mine over at home the day before I left and back again once I got back home. I didn't really want to get filthy in the Eurotunnel car park and because the switch simply levels the beams rather then create a non-UK compliant assymetric beam it just means you have less than optimal headlights for UK use,but not dangerous or illegal.

By the way I don't think the text or illustration on Page 72 of the maunal is clear; it shows the lever to the left of the high voltage unit and then says for RHD cars move the lever up. In fact you need to move the lever down for a RHD car driving in Europe (upfor UK) Probably a case of Lost inTranslation.

Hope this helps anyone who is as stuck with this as I was.

Very useful post and photo - thank you! :thumbsup:

Oh s**t! See BOLD Now I am confused! :?
E85 3.0Si Silver on Black (Gone and will be missed)
E85 M Roadster Silver Grey on Black
E85 Alpina Roadster S Toledo Blue on Black

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:39 pm

I can't remember and don't even have the Zed, but here goes
When set for the UK you will have a flick up to the left. Easily seen against a wall, garage door, etc
All the lever does is places a shield in line with the flick leaving a flat beam.
Reason I'm unsure re the lever is I can't recall its position relative to the lens which inverts the beam
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:17 pm

You will certainly notice the lack of light driving on unlit roads in Europe !
Eat plenty of carrots :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup: