Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Which Members have Carly and Where?

Discount codes and service & product offerings from forum members
Buckz

Post by Buckz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:50 pm

South London here.

mac27040
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mac27040 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:38 pm

east midlands for me and possibly around the country if i'm in your area with work.
3.0i SMG Supercharged,19" CSL, AvinUSA android 10.25” screen,DSP,M6 gearknob,Coilovers,Aero F-bumper,M r-bumper,Aero skirts,Facelift front & rear lights,M sports seats,Carbon Steering wheel,Intravee,Rervese cam,Hydrographics

Scooba_Steve
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Scooba_Steve » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:23 pm

I don't have Carly but do have NCS - NW London
3.0si Sport: F10 Illuminated ZHP, Retrofit Cruise, OE Stubby, Gaptech RCH+, Kenwood BT73DAB + Handsfree, HIDs, LED Sidelights, OE LED Number Plate Lights, Custom LED strip bootlight.

olsonn

Post by olsonn » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi

Is there anybody in the Lytham/Preston or as far a field as other parts of Lancs???

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:57 pm

I don't mean to hijack the thread so to speak, but has anyone managed to get the Carly app to work with any adapter other than their own?

I have an iPhone and a PLX Kiwi 2 (WiFi), and more recently the PLX Kiwi 3. Every other OBD app works perfectly... Carly however doesn't want to know. It says it's connected to the adapter but says no response from vehicle and gives up. I really don't want to have to buy yet another friggin adapter!
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:58 pm

I have Carly in Cambridgeshire, again all free if you can come to me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

IAmOrion

Post by IAmOrion » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:03 pm

Rusky wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:58 pm I have Carly in Cambridgeshire, again all free if you can come to me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice! I'm new and also in Cambridge :)
NO LONGER OWN A Z4 SO NOT AS ACTIVE HERE ANYMORE (IF AT ALL).
I STILL OFFER FREE CARLY CODING & EWS KEY/TRANSPONDER CODING AT MY HOME
IN CAMBRIDGE CB22

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Z4DIYCustomMods/

Rusky

Post by Rusky » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:14 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:03 pm
Rusky wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:58 pm I have Carly in Cambridgeshire, again all free if you can come to me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nice! I'm new and also in Cambridge :)
Cool i am in Alconbury :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:33 pm

IAmOrion wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:57 pm I don't mean to hijack the thread so to speak, but has anyone managed to get the Carly app to work with any adapter other than their own?

I have an iPhone and a PLX Kiwi 2 (WiFi), and more recently the PLX Kiwi 3. Every other OBD app works perfectly... Carly however doesn't want to know. It says it's connected to the adapter but says no response from vehicle and gives up. I really don't want to have to buy yet another friggin adapter!
Mines works with a BM Cables silver cable. So some third party ones do work but I'm not that tech savvy so can't be any more help than that.

I'm in West Manchester by the way and don't mind helping someone do a few bits and pieces, gives me an excuse to actually drive the zed!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

sharpyboy

Post by sharpyboy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 am

Chris1981 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:55 am Rugby, Warwickshire... don't mind coding for free if people want to come to me!

RyanB88, I'm assuming you have the N52 engine in your Z4 based on your signature.... do the parameters display anything on your Carly? I can't get anything on my 3.0si Coupe, tech support are apparently resolving it but wondered if any other N52 owners can use that function on theirs? I'm using iOs version of Carly.
I have Carly in Cornwall/Devon border, what coding parameters are you missing on the N52? Do you mean when it searches it doesn't find any ecu's? Or When you select the option it doesn't work? I have the wifi dongle and on my facelift 2.5i (N52) and have used once to clear fault codes and code lights as DRLs successfully.
2006 Z4 2.5i gap-tech rch+ roof mod + zhp + roof motor now in boot + DLV Exhaust mod

Chris1981

Post by Chris1981 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:59 am

sharpyboy wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:27 am
Chris1981 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:55 am Rugby, Warwickshire... don't mind coding for free if people want to come to me!

RyanB88, I'm assuming you have the N52 engine in your Z4 based on your signature.... do the parameters display anything on your Carly? I can't get anything on my 3.0si Coupe, tech support are apparently resolving it but wondered if any other N52 owners can use that function on theirs? I'm using iOs version of Carly.
I have Carly in Cornwall/Devon border, what coding parameters are you missing on the N52? Do you mean when it searches it doesn't find any ecu's? Or When you select the option it doesn't work? I have the wifi dongle and on my facelift 2.5i (N52) and have used once to clear fault codes and code lights as DRLs successfully.
I was referring to the parameters section of the app... where you can view live data from the engine, speed coolant temp, voltage, airflow and many more. The coding and fault finding all work as intended. I have now found out another member with the 3.0si engines can't use it either so at least it's not just me! Are you able to see live data for the 2.5si engine?
E86 Coupe 3.0si Sport - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey with Piano Black dash
BC BR series Coilovers, powerflex bushes, 15mm spacers, Custom SS exhaust, CDV delete

silverzed

Post by silverzed » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:18 am

Hi , South Manchester M23 , happy to help even I use it only once to do some coding on my 2006
2.0 E85 so not a lot of experience .
As other folks said I couldn't get the engine parameters but other than that ,the error codes and coding worked fine

bony_13

Post by bony_13 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Might have to pay you a visit in the near future Rusky if that offer stands? Comfort entry and a few other bits appealing to me :thumbsup:

Tcochrane92

Post by Tcochrane92 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Thanks a lot Chris. Now have my angel eyes working as DRL's, got rid of the bulb warning light on the dash, deleted headlight washer, changed boot opening, added beep on locking

Also confirmed that the auto E86 is faster than the manual E86 :evil: :driving:

Next time I think we should do a comparison video of our exhausts to show off how good the DLV mod sounds! :P
Current: Imola Red 400bhp 640d & Ocean Blue BMW S1000XR Sport SE
Past: Silver Grey Z4MR, Silver Grey Z4C & Titan Silver Z4 3.0i

mjennings23

Post by mjennings23 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:02 pm

MACK wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:33 pm
IAmOrion wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:57 pm I don't mean to hijack the thread so to speak, but has anyone managed to get the Carly app to work with any adapter other than their own?

Mines works with a BM Cables silver cable. So some third party ones do work but I'm not that tech savvy so can't be any more help than that.

I'm in West Manchester by the way and don't mind helping someone do a few bits and pieces, gives me an excuse to actually drive the zed!
Might have to pay you a visit, I'm living just near the city centre on the Salford side, and I think a few things need enabling on my car... seems someone has turned the automatic wipers off! :thumbsdown: