Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Spire Watford - a big thumbs up!

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
NeilP

Spire Watford - a big thumbs up!

Post by NeilP » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:58 pm

My car was due a service. Decided to take it to my local dealer; Spire Watford for an Inspection 2 and new brake fluid.

Well, all I can say is they're amazing!

Booked over the phone on Monday, and they were ready waiting for me yesterday.

Ended up picking the car up today, and I started to get ticking from the HVAs as well as the car indicating that it was not full with oil (half way on the marker).

They took the car back in, sorted out the hva issue and gave me a litre of oil incase it was indeed low.

All in all, it was a very pleasant experience with them, even had a chat about the issues they had moving the car about being too "low" (it isn't low :P )

Anyone around the Watford area, Derick from Spire is your man! :thumbsup:

Suffice to say I didn't feel that additional problems were 'found' as I've experienced in the past with other dealers.*coughSytnerHighWycombecough*

londonbmw

Re: Spire Watford - a big thumbs up!

Post by londonbmw » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:49 pm

what's a HVA mate?

NeilP

Post by NeilP » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:46 pm

londonbmw wrote:what's a HVA mate?
Hydraulic Valve Adjuster.

Towards the end of the page is a good start.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N52#H ... r_problems

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:54 am

My old car exhibited the HVA issue every time after an oil change, until the problem was fixed.

I don't really understand why though as the oil in effect is only drained from the sump. The HVA's are meant to retain oil. So an oil change in effect is no different than leaving the car to sit for a hour or so, except the oil in the sump is swapped for fresh.

londonbmw

Post by londonbmw » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:01 am

Interesting read. So the issue doesn't really cause the engine problems then? So is it really anything to worry about?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:18 pm

londonbmw wrote:Interesting read. So the issue doesn't really cause the engine problems then? So is it really anything to worry about?
Personally I would worry more about HVA's than roof motors. To me any car that exhibits this for more than a few seconds will result in damage.

londonbmw

Post by londonbmw » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:22 pm

ah right, noted mate. cheers. hence why you were saying to just go for the i rather than si. think I will just stick to looking for an i then and hopefully don't get too tempted by the z4m! way too used to loads of power and m cars now lol.