Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4M Air Intake Options / Benefits / Problems?

"M" Specific discussion
StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Z4M Air Intake Options / Benefits / Problems?

Post by StevenH72 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Eventuri wrote:
AndyBeech wrote:To be honest, in my opinion, if your after real life performance gains with any of these kits....your gonna be disappointed. As much as I respect what Evolve have done with their kit, I'm pretty sceptic what the kit alone would give you in performance despite the claims. Along with a remap maybe you'd get a very slight noticeable increase but for me these induction kits are all about releasing the noise of the S54 which is epic.

Can understand your sentiments as our own experience has proven the same however as previously explained, the Eventuri system which is now Patent Pending is a completely different intake and all our Z4M and E46 M3 customers have reported a significant improvement in throttle response as well as power delivery from even the lower rpms. Here is a recent dyno from an E46 M3 customer who had a standard and well maintained car which was fitted with the Eventuri, then remapped (rpm raised). You can see the gains in power from both stages.

All I can say is - come along to the open day on the 28th March and see for yourselves :D

If I buy and fit one at the open day, will there be any possibility of getting a dyno comparison? Would be interesting to see.
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

Eventuri

Post by Eventuri » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:01 pm

It would have to be before the open day officially starts at 10:30am as Evolve use the open day to talk to customers rather than do dyno runs etc otherwise it just becomes a dyno day :wink: . Won't be a problem to do early though :thumbsup:

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Eventuri wrote:It would have to be before the open day officially starts at 10:30am as Evolve use the open day to talk to customers rather than do dyno runs etc otherwise it just becomes a dyno day :wink: . Won't be a problem to do early though :thumbsup:
I was going to suggest the same, but am happy to see another Z4M with a GruppeM tested and base my opinions/credit card details on this :thumbsup:

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Post by StevenH72 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Eventuri wrote:It would have to be before the open day officially starts at 10:30am as Evolve use the open day to talk to customers rather than do dyno runs etc otherwise it just becomes a dyno day :wink: . Won't be a problem to do early though :thumbsup:
PM sent. :thumbsup:
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

tertius

Post by tertius » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Eventuri wrote:Also I asked Imran @ Evolve to provide me with a graph of a Z4M before and after the GruppeM intake. As you can see it does provide a gain but mainly at the top end. He told me that this test was done on a stock car that belonged to a forum member known as FlatOut aka Richard.

LoL! That is now my car ...

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:44 pm

JAD wrote:
I was going to suggest the same, but am happy to see another Z4M with a GruppeM tested and base my opinions/credit card details on this :thumbsup:
You do mean the same car with both systems Dyno'd, otherwise its a pointless exercise.

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:55 pm

srhutch wrote:
JAD wrote:
You do mean the same car with both systems Dyno'd, otherwise its a pointless exercise.
Mmmmmmm, surely you need the same Z4 on the same day with each intake fitted and then ran almost back to back to get a fair comparison. An intake fitted to a healthy M3 on one day to a Z4 thats an unknown quantity on a different day doesn't seem particulary valid. I'm such a sceptic! Anyway, I'm not fussed im happy with the Gruppe and im sure the Evolve is equally good.
What about the results of a Gruppe with the same remap?
Any comment on the sound differences between the two as you've heard both?
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

JAD

Post by JAD » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:51 pm

That's what's being suggested, i.e.Steven's car with the current GruppeM dyno'd and then the same car, same day, same dyno but with the Eventuri kit. If the figures go up, the latter is the better kit. If they stay the same, from the videos I have seen (but will make up my mind on the day) the GruppeM has the better noise.

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:30 pm

JAD wrote:That's what's being suggested, i.e.Steven's car with the current GruppeM dyno'd and then the same car, same day, same dyno but with the Eventuri kit. If the figures go up, the latter is the better kit. If they stay the same, from the videos I have seen (but will make up my mind on the day) the GruppeM has the better noise.
Steven hasn't got a GruppeM though so not sure how that's going to happen.

TomK

Post by TomK » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:08 pm

Also, really this comparison should be done at an independent dyno to have any real worth. Of course I'm not suggesting anything underhand would be going on but it is quite simple as I understand it for the dyno operator to 'tweak' results.
When the manufacturer of a device produces comparison results they must and will be by some people taken with a pinch of salt. Perhaps unfairly, but there you go.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

JAD

Post by JAD » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Apologies I was under the impression he did for some reason. In that case, I'll PM eventuri to get mine on the dyno with a GruppeM and Eventuri comparison for the same car/dyno/day etc.

TomK

Post by TomK » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:58 pm

JAD wrote:Apologies I was under the impression he did for some reason. In that case, I'll PM eventuri to get mine on the dyno with a GruppeM and Eventuri comparison for the same car/dyno/day etc.
As i said, this issue is the manufacturer of one of those also owns the dyno you're running on.
It'll still deemed to be inconclusive, in my eyes at least.
MC[IB], CSL airbox, Schrick 288/280 cams, 4.44FD, UUC SSK, SS race cat back, AP CP9660[F]/5144[R] brakes, Apex ARC-8 with AR-1 or PS5, KW ClubSport 2-way, Turner spherical arms, PMC uniball rtab, VB engine mounts, Rogue pulleys & RSMs, Tillett B6, half cage

plowy

Post by plowy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Without spending thousands of quid you really ain't gonna make an S54 more powerful or responsive ...stop chasing horsepower, spend the money on suspension, set up and tyres, you will be so much quicker than the extra horsepower equivalent money wil buy you...

TomK

Post by TomK » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:13 pm

plowy wrote:Without spending thousands of quid you really ain't gonna make an S54 more powerful or responsive ...stop chasing horsepower, spend the money on suspension, set up and tyres, you will be so much quicker than the extra horsepower equivalent money wil buy you...
Very true. Though the extra noise is nice.

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

Post by StevenH72 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:44 am

plowy wrote:Without spending thousands of quid you really ain't gonna make an S54 more powerful or responsive ...stop chasing horsepower, spend the money on suspension, set up and tyres, you will be so much quicker than the extra horsepower equivalent money wil buy you...
I understand your point, but I think your protests are misplaced. Nobody here is chasing horsepower, just trying to understand the differences between Gruppe and Eventuri. This is all about noise, but I don't want noise at the expense of making my car lumpy and unsmooth.