Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Eastern BMW - Edinburgh

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Eastern BMW - Edinburgh

Post by Adamski » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:44 am

mr wilks wrote:I know its too late now Adam but there are company's that can "straighten" buckled wheels , i was at a place a couple of weeks ago watching & its quite a machine , heats & applies pressure to realign the buckle with great success unless its obviously completely f3rkd :cry:
Better with a replacement wheel but would have served as a decent spare with average repair around £45 / £60 :thumbsup:
Aye kinda gutted about that. Could've saved myself £550 :o
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster

maxman

Post by maxman » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:23 pm

[quote="Adamski"]Got my car back today. It went in to Eastern BMW to get the last service brought up to an Inspection 2. It had an Inspection 1 around 3 weeks ago, but I got the diff oil, gearbox oil and spark plugs changed to bring it up to an inspection 2 :tumbleweed:
I thought part of an inspection 2 service on a Z4m was a valve clearance check ,which is why the service is so expensive.

BrianD

Post by BrianD » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Had a couple of bad experiences with Eastern with both my previous Z4M and current zed, needless to say they won't be getting any of my custom in the future. :thumbsdown:
70 plate Z4 M40i - Alphine White, Magma Red trim plus all the toys and an OAP behind the wheel :D
Gone 62 Z4 35is sDrive Auto in white with 169K miles

Adamski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Adamski » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:14 pm

maxman wrote:
Adamski wrote:Got my car back today. It went in to Eastern BMW to get the last service brought up to an Inspection 2. It had an Inspection 1 around 3 weeks ago, but I got the diff oil, gearbox oil and spark plugs changed to bring it up to an inspection 2 :tumbleweed:
I thought part of an inspection 2 service on a Z4m was a valve clearance check ,which is why the service is so expensive.
No, both inspection services cover valve clearances. Insp2 has diff and gearbox oil changes, spark plug change and something else that I can't remember :oops:

BrianD - what went wrong? :?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gone: Z4M Coupé|Black Sapphire|OEM CSLs|Aero Skirts|OEM Strut Brace|Nav|Heated Seats|Logic 7 Pro Hi-fi|Bluetooth|Carbon Leather|PDC|BMW Assist|Stubby
Gone: Cherished 2003 3.0i Black Sapphire Roadster