Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Eventuri VAI Carbon Intake Kit for the Z4M details

"M" Specific discussion
Eventuri

Re: Eventuri VAI Carbon Intake Kit for the Z4M details

Post by Eventuri » Thu May 21, 2015 1:11 pm

original guvnor wrote:Been messing with the GoPro again. This time front mounted on the bumper using suction cup.

Edit: missed an underscore off the YouTube reference. The embed should be working now.
Nice video!

Maybe use a furry wind breaker to minimise the wind noise?

pHilli0

Post by pHilli0 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Just ordered one today. There is a two to three week delay as they are on back order. Just letting anyone whose interested know.
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe || Schrick CSL Cams | Eventuri | Brembo 6/4 & Pagid RS-29s | KW V3s | H&R ABRs | Stromung | ARC-8s | Corbeau Revolution | OEM Strut | ZHP | Stubby | CDV | RTAB | Evolve Map ||
http://www.phillynchracing.com/index.php/blog/

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Tue May 26, 2015 8:24 pm

Eventuri wrote:
original guvnor wrote:Been messing with the GoPro again. This time front mounted on the bumper using suction cup.

Edit: missed an underscore off the YouTube reference. The embed should be working now.
Nice video!

Maybe use a furry wind breaker to minimise the wind noise?
Yes you're right. I've been looking at getting a Rode VideoMic Go with deadcat to see if that makes a difference. Be good to know if anyone has experience of them at all.

Eventuri

Post by Eventuri » Wed May 27, 2015 1:29 pm

original guvnor wrote:
Yes you're right. I've been looking at getting a Rode VideoMic Go with deadcat to see if that makes a difference. Be good to know if anyone has experience of them at all.
Not sure about the Rode but I've just bought an olympus me-51s which seems to get good reviews. The Rode is directional so might not be best for capturing engine sound.

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:26 pm

You can (finally) hear what mine sounds like from outside the car - albeit for a very short clip - with a Gruppe-M and Rogue Diablo back boxes.

About 1m50s in.

[youtube]kkc3ArIqxJU&sns[/youtube]
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

sasker

Post by sasker » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:46 pm

mmm-five wrote:You can (finally) hear what mine sounds like from outside the car - albeit for a very short clip - with a Gruppe-M and Rogue Diablo back boxes.

About 1m50s in.

[youtube]kkc3ArIqxJU&sns[/youtube]

That looked a greasy track that! Lol never seen so many spins In a short space of time!
///M 2004 E46 M3 Coupe in Mystic Blue

It's all about the ///M Power

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:21 pm

The Eventuri guys posted something on their Facebook this week about an Eventuri intake-equipped E46 M3 being 0.5s quicker between 60-120mph than a stock M3 in a test at Bruntingthorpe proving ground.

I'm sure they will provide more info on this thread at some point. I don't know if it was independently verified or not.

-Neil-

Post by -Neil- » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:16 pm

I have just fitted Schrick 280/272 cams, what sort of power gain can I be expecting to see with an Eventuri and remap?

Would a live mapping session for my individual car be needed or are there off the shelf maps that can be flashed remotely?

Any deals on a remap and Eventuri together?

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Z4M-2006 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:26 pm

The guys at evolve said they would do a remap and intake deal if bought together..

pHilli0

Post by pHilli0 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:43 pm

-Neil- wrote:I have just fitted Schrick 280/272 cams, what sort of power gain can I be expecting to see with an Eventuri and remap?

Would a live mapping session for my individual car be needed or are there off the shelf maps that can be flashed remotely?

Any deals on a remap and Eventuri together?
Hi Neil

I am literally going to have this work done next week. I have also got the 280/272s. I hope to achieve a 35 hp gain. 10 from the cams, 15 from the air box and 10 from the map.
With regards to their map, they have their stock map obviously and they have one for the 288s (Schick stage 2s) They said they have never done the stage 1s, probably because most people who go Schrick go 288s for the even more aggressive top end and track focus. Therefore I am paying to have a custom map. I assume they will just take the 288 map and tone down some of the parameters and see how it performs...
2006 Z4 ///M Coupe || Schrick CSL Cams | Eventuri | Brembo 6/4 & Pagid RS-29s | KW V3s | H&R ABRs | Stromung | ARC-8s | Corbeau Revolution | OEM Strut | ZHP | Stubby | CDV | RTAB | Evolve Map ||

pHilli0

Post by pHilli0 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Z4M-2006 wrote:The guys at evolve said they would do a remap and intake deal if bought together..
From a cost point of view I paid forum price for the intake and then a cutters price discount on the remap. Not huge but every little helps and I trust those guys to do a good job.

mpm

Post by mpm » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 pm

I've put my Eventuri up for sale in the 'for sale' section.

Now I've sold the Z4M, I've got no need for it.

stealthy21

Post by stealthy21 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:03 am

Bought mpm's eventuri yesterday, installed a mic under the bonnet and recorded stock and then the eventuri. Editing it now and will post in here when it's up! This for me sounds the most true to life without hearing it in the flesh :)
Z4M Coupe. Interlagos Blue. Now for Sale!

stealthy21

Post by stealthy21 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Here you go everyone, filmed with a mic under the bonnet, next to the intake, a true Side by side comparison at the beginning of the video of the two intakes and at 2:08, revving between 3-4k revs it shows the real sound of the Eventuri.

Z4M Coupe. Interlagos Blue. Now for Sale!

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:40 pm

:? i was tempted to buy the kit off mpm but until i have the backboxes changed i'm holding off .
I also think as good as the recording is i wouldn't purchase until ive heard it in the real world to compare against stock & ideally driven a car with it on to "feel" any increase in torque or pick up
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo