Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Eventuri VAI Carbon Intake Kit for the Z4M details

"M" Specific discussion
Fishy Dave

Re: Eventuri VAI Carbon Intake Kit for the Z4M details

Post by Fishy Dave » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:21 pm

I fitted mine on Sunday, what a pleasure of a job, beautifully made with some of the best instructions I've encountered when fitting car parts. At first I was a bit disappointed with the lack of volume, but it was due to the slippery roads not allowing me to use full throttle for long. The last two days I've wrapped up and driven in to work with the roof down, wow, what a difference, the pitch and volume is perfect for what is a road car and also one that needs to pass all noise limits on track.
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

Dirty Tool

Post by Dirty Tool » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:48 pm

budgie195 wrote:
Dirty Tool wrote:Mine is booked in a few weeks at Evolve for Remap and Eventuri. Looking forward to it!
Have thought about having a re-map done myself ,as evolve are only 5mins away from me and I already have the eventuri fitted !
Would be rude not to :thumbsup:
F80 M3

D4dawg

Post by D4dawg » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Ah ok
As once get my car back from being detailed my intake should arrive not long after n wouldn't mind it being remapped
Idea of pricing?
N thanks

mark seeker

Post by mark seeker » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Holy thread resurrection, has anyone bought an Eventuri intake recently? I was about to order the Gruppe M until I heard one of these courtesy of Youtube...
Current - Ruby Black MR

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:19 pm

mark seeker wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:12 pmHoly thread resurrection, has anyone bought an Eventuri intake recently? I was about to order the Gruppe M until I heard one of these courtesy of Youtube...
but have you heard or even better been in a ZM with a Gruppe :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:09 pm

Is there much difference between them in terms of sound/volume?
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:17 pm

MrPT wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:09 pmIs there much difference between them in terms of sound?
Id say so , in my experience you have to listen for the eventuri to differentiate over the normal S54 induction noise which tbf is already pretty vocal from stock , the gruppe on the other hand is audible in its own right :oops: its very distinctive imo
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:08 pm

I have the aFe intake. Being made of metal not carbon fibre it isn't as pretty, but I prefer the sound and it was half the price. In my opinion, the Eventuri over-accentuates the base tones that are not characteristic of the S54. The aFe has an induction raw that becomes a scream as the rev climbs. It's loud enough to scare pedestrians when blipping the throttle but doesn't drown my Remus back boxes.
I have a GruppeM in another car and the finish is beautiful, but I'm not sure that justifies the enormous price.
These things are person taste of course, but I would try to listen to a few alternatives before you order anything.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Yorkie Z

Post by Yorkie Z » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:34 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:08 pmI have the aFe intake. Being made of metal not carbon fibre it isn't as pretty, but I prefer the sound and it was half the price. In my opinion, the Eventuri over-accentuates the base tones that are not characteristic of the S54. The aFe has an induction raw that becomes a scream as the rev climbs. It's loud enough to scare pedestrians when blipping the throttle but doesn't drown my Remus back boxes.
I have a GruppeM in another car and the finish is beautiful, but I'm not sure that justifies the enormous price.
These things are person taste of course, but I would try to listen to a few alternatives before you order anything.
Scaring pedestrians sounds fun :rofl: what sort of price is the afe intake?
A Dirty M///

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:43 pm

I’m not sure of the current price, I bought mine around six or seven years ago when it was a few hundreds versus many hundreds for the GruppeM and thousands for a CSL-style intake.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:28 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:08 pm These things are person taste of course, but I would try to listen to a few alternatives before you order anything.
Personal taste indeed - I feel the opposite. To me the Eventuri sounds slightly better than the AFe and I think it's the way the bell shaped housing amplifies the sound and makes it sound deeper. I DIY'd my Eventuri style intake though, so if I was paying full price I'm not sure I could justify the price difference. Both give lovely growls!
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR

Str6mik

Post by Str6mik » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:12 am

Yorkie Z wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:34 pm
BMWZ4MC wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:08 pmI have the aFe intake. Being made of metal not carbon fibre it isn't as pretty, but I prefer the sound and it was half the price. In my opinion, the Eventuri over-accentuates the base tones that are not characteristic of the S54. The aFe has an induction raw that becomes a scream as the rev climbs. It's loud enough to scare pedestrians when blipping the throttle but doesn't drown my Remus back boxes.
Scaring pedestrians sounds fun :rofl: what sort of price is the afe intake?
I hadn't seen anything about the AFE - but after listening to it sounds immense! Just can't seem to source one easily to the UK - Frsport seems the cheapest but in the states and they don't get great reviews

https://frsport.com/?target=products&pr ... gKFI_D_BwE

Would really like one now though!