M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Post Reply
Austin
Member
Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:44 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: M market watch

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:18 am

Austin wrote:
LostBoy_84 wrote:
DPG wrote:
Wonder if Austin will be interested in this one.
I just checked his wanted add and he doesn't want red leather.
Thanks for the nod Dan

Red leather isn't high on my wish list, but the rest of the car ticks all the boxes! Will have a chat with the gate keeper tonight re the leather and come back you (non red leather was one of her only requests!) looks a good car to me :thumbsup:

Looks like the red leather is still deal breaker for both of us. Head tells me it's a good buy for the money (Good spec / mileage / forum member) but I can't get my heart to fall for that red leather and I don't want to regret it down the line. Will just have to keep looking,

Good luck with the sale, I am sure it won't stick around for long
///MC - Bought to drive. Eventuri / Eibachs / Stubby added

Darren M
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Devon

Re: M market watch

Post by Darren M » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:22 am

The cheapo first red one is sold already - before it hit the forecourt!

This one
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

User avatar
Tankman
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Re: M market watch

Post by Tankman » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:28 pm

Fast3000 wrote:Nice find Tankman!
Yep, I'm looking all the time at the moment.

User avatar
DPG
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4132
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: West Yorks

Re: M market watch

Post by DPG » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Darren M wrote:The cheapo first red one is sold already - before it hit the forecourt!

This one
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
Selling like hot cakes
2016 Audi TTS

Austin
Member
Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:44 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: M market watch

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:00 pm

DPG wrote:
Darren M wrote:The cheapo first red one is sold already - before it hit the forecourt!

This one
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
Selling like hot cakes
How is your search going Dan? Anything caught your eye yet
///MC - Bought to drive. Eventuri / Eibachs / Stubby added

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 6989
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:53 am
Location: High Peak,Derbyshire.

Re: M market watch

Post by Z4M-2006 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Image

Bejesus!! Mine isn't going anywhere anytime soon..

Springtime though ;)

Snow is upto my freshly fitted H&S exhausts!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
LukeM
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 1:04 am
Location: Cheshire

Re: M market watch

Post by LukeM » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:16 pm

There's a few nice ones on car & classics at the moment, I like the red one in particular and nearly went to view it but bought a silver grey one in the end.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C564335#
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C579651#
Silver Grey Z4M Coupe

User avatar
srhutch
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 26566
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: East Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: M market watch

Post by srhutch » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:01 pm

Austin wrote:
Looks like the red leather is still deal breaker for both of us. Head tells me it's a good buy for the money (Good spec / mileage / forum member) but I can't get my heart to fall for that red leather and I don't want to regret it down the line. Will just have to keep looking,

Good luck with the sale, I am sure it won't stick around for long
If you bought a car with virtually any colour interior other than black you could easily swap with a forum member with their black one.
Image

User avatar
pvr
Legend
Legend
Posts: 22806
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: South East UK

Re: M market watch

Post by pvr » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:03 pm

… and make a profit.

Red seats command so much more money then black ones.
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Jeep
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)

User avatar
DPG
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4132
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: West Yorks

Re: M market watch

Post by DPG » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:04 pm

Austin wrote:
DPG wrote:
Darren M wrote:The cheapo first red one is sold already - before it hit the forecourt!

This one
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
Selling like hot cakes
How is your search going Dan? Anything caught your eye yet
Agreed a price and put a deposit down on the Interlagos one you tested. Ticked all the boxes for my needs.
2016 Audi TTS

Austin
Member
Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:44 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: M market watch

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:21 pm

How is your search going Dan? Anything caught your eye yet[/quote]

Agreed a price and put a deposit down on the Interlagos one you tested. Ticked all the boxes for my needs.[/quote]

Good stuff! It was a really nice car and I am sure you will enjoy it and hopefully I might see you around once I get one sorted. :driving:
///MC - Bought to drive. Eventuri / Eibachs / Stubby added

Austin
Member
Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:44 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: M market watch

Post by Austin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:25 pm

srhutch wrote:
Austin wrote:
Looks like the red leather is still deal breaker for both of us. Head tells me it's a good buy for the money (Good spec / mileage / forum member) but I can't get my heart to fall for that red leather and I don't want to regret it down the line. Will just have to keep looking,

Good luck with the sale, I am sure it won't stick around for long
If you bought a car with virtually any colour interior other than black you could easily swap with a forum member with their black one.
Thanks for that golden nugget of information, I hadnt even consider that as an option and will significantly broaden my options! :thumbsup:
///MC - Bought to drive. Eventuri / Eibachs / Stubby added

User avatar
DPG
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4132
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: West Yorks

Re: M market watch

Post by DPG » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Austin wrote:
srhutch wrote:
Austin wrote:
Looks like the red leather is still deal breaker for both of us. Head tells me it's a good buy for the money (Good spec / mileage / forum member) but I can't get my heart to fall for that red leather and I don't want to regret it down the line. Will just have to keep looking,

Good luck with the sale, I am sure it won't stick around for long
If you bought a car with virtually any colour interior other than black you could easily swap with a forum member with their black one.
Thanks for that golden nugget of information, I hadnt even consider that as an option and will significantly broaden my options! :thumbsup:
you'd get plenty of interest in a interior swap. Red seems very popular
2016 Audi TTS

User avatar
stevo///m3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1386
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am
Location: Leeds - you know where it is

Re: M market watch

Post by stevo///m3 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:39 pm

yeah, no offence Austin, but given the rarity of these cars, sometimes you'd be better off just biting the bullet and then doing whatever work you like on the car afterwards. I've got red leather and have to say that, whilst at first I thought I'd drown with all the red in the cabin, having lived with it for a year, I love it. Searching for a unicorn will take a significant period of time and, of course, the cars get older each day. Your choice and all that but an impulse purchase does sometimes work out ok...
Anyway, good luck with the search; W Yorks ///M meet is on the cards when you're (and DPG is) on board.
Stevo
'07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
OEMs 19"s-Eibachs
Eventuri-BCS Powervalve boxes-strut brace-Turner RTABs-Vibratechnics engine mounts-Beisan-tinkered VANOS
44k miles currently
Previous E36 Evo Vert
Insta: stevothecrab

User avatar
Mad Professor
Member
Member
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: M market watch

Post by Mad Professor » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:26 pm

I just don't get how dealers are managing to sell roadsters at what appear to premium prices for this time of year . I'd be interested to know if a similar phenomenon is going on for other desirable low volume convertibles at the peak of winter ,eg TVRs
Present : 987 Box
Past history : ,Z4MR ,Cat HPC evo , XKR , Eunos VR , Eunos VS, Westie S8 ,TVR S2 , S54 Z3MR, SL500 , TVR Wedge 4.6 , Cat Xflow , Saab 900 Turbo ,Cat VXE ,Cat BDR, Cat Twincam , Elan S3 , Haldane Healey, Lancia HF turbo

Post Reply