Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
craig3.2
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by craig3.2 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:09 am

MefiEcosse wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 pmWord of warning for anyone looking at the M Roadster in Lichfield with 36k miles.
The car is absolutely stunning throughout but never had running in check/service done! First service on the car was at 14k miles.
I spent 3 days tracing back the history of the car and it had a strange first year.
Might still be a decent price at £17k for anyone that wants to get the car properly checked out!

Yes,that was a shame about that one's lack of Running in service,Richie,or you would have had a very nice M there for yourself mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Interlagos Blue M RDSTR,2008. Logic7 dsp Hifi;satnav,stubby,htd seats,etc,etc.
Black 2005 3.0i NOW SOLD(and missed)

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:25 am

I guess it's always useful to periodically look at what else you can get for £17k that offers the same potential value?!

Mad Professor

M market watch

Post by Mad Professor » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:49 pm

craig3.2 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:05 am
Mad Professor wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:59 pm£16k seems strong money for 67k miles even with a solid SH
Tbh,being an 06,I would say it's not way over priced,given 07 reg cars are often around 17k.
Yes,I know there are also some at around 14k with similar miles, but I think an advert for 16k,expecting to sell at around 15k wouldn't be too far off its value.
Just my opinion,but sellers do seem to want to stick to their guns,prce wise now,as they know the Roadster Ms are due to go the way of the Coupes and z3m Roadsters,.so don't want to give them away too cheaply.
While buyers want the cars as cheap as possible,same old story.

If sellers don't back down from a certain price point,then buyers will pay the ask if they want one I guess.
All im saying is that we are in the middle of winter right now -maybe in May/June 16k for that car would be more realistic . I would imagine if the seller was offered 14.5k they would bite your hand off -as my grandfather used to say -your first profit is always your best one
Present : 987 Box
Past history : ,Z4MR ,Cat HPC evo , XKR , Eunos VR , Eunos VS, Westie S8 ,TVR S2 , S54 Z3MR, SL500 , TVR Wedge 4.6 , Cat Xflow , Saab 900 Turbo ,Cat VXE ,Cat BDR, Cat Twincam , Elan S3 , Haldane Healey, Lancia HF turbo

MefiEcosse

M market watch

Post by MefiEcosse » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Nice low mile for someone!
Wonder how much they're willing to shift on price?
Attachments
image.png
image.png (725.4 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
Alpina Roaster S Lux #310 - Titanium Silver
E85 2.5i Titanium Silver 2003 - Sold Feb 2018

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Haven't posted this up for a while.
1802.JPG
1802.JPG (81.41 KiB) Viewed 1071 times

jimmybell

M market watch

Post by jimmybell » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:23 pm

srhutch wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:51 pmHaven't posted this up for a while.

1802.JPG
is the 'AT priv' based on estimates from current listings? Interesting to see your tracking of the summer/winter prices, i imagine the roady fluctuates more than the coupe - but personally if i was selling yours id be looking for more than 15k ;D
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:28 pm

No, it's the valuation they give for my car each month.

tjlazer

M market watch

Post by tjlazer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Well everyone now is a good time to be parting with a zed, my px (main dealer) was very fair given the visual mods on my car, need for quite a few consumables in the next few K. I've gone all grown up and bought an F10 M5. Uber beast barge. Very different and back to back the sense of occasion and sensational feedback of the z4m is something that will be sorely missed but my car was just approaching that tipping point where I either spend big this year doing the key maintenance jobs and new discs etc and keep for many years to enjoy that to the full or swap out for something newer and more suited to my current circumstances. I'll post some more details when the car has gone and I've picked up the new girl. Needless to say I'm sad to see the zed go but very excited to be back in a V8, especially something as all conquering as the M5. I still miss my e39 but they are just too old and expensive to run these days and I'd rather have a BMW warranty than any sleepless nights! Details will follow but there's some good haggling to be done if you're not in the mood for private sales (and personally I wouldn't bother given the price I achieved).
WAS: black on black MR with carbon trim. NOW: IB/Champagne/Carbon ZMC

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by flimper » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 pm

Congrats tj, look forward to some pics and a write up in the near future
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

dan yeates

M market watch

Post by dan yeates » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:43 pm

I feel like I've been here before, but I may need to sell the Z4MR to buy another house!! I really don't want to, but we really want this new house. We really could do with the money.

I would probably get my dealer friend to sell it on SOR, so dealer sale, 45k miles, 2006 Z4MR, Monaco Blue with light Sepang leather seats and carbon leather dash. Has the extended leather option too, Inspection II done last year. £17,995 sound like a good listing price for a dealer with new MOT, warranty, and with spring around the corner?
ex-BMW Z4 M Roadster in Monaco Blue ** BMW M135i ** Mercedes AMG GT S

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:28 pm

I'd say give that price a go, seems sensible....as you say, we are moving into March and who knows what will happen with prices this year.

Argenta

M market watch

Post by Argenta » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Seems the milage on so many Z4M’s don’t really align with the general wear of the car? Mine (over 100k) has sometimes less wear on seats/pedals/wheel than cars with 10th the milage out in Europe, Mobile.de etc.
Are the odometer’s ”easily” tampered with? Obviously a lucrative thing to do..
In Sweden every MOT register milage so it’s easily traced back thru the years, not so sure about the rest of Europe?
How’s it in UK?

Jimyu

M market watch

Post by Jimyu » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:52 am

tjlazer wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:02 pmWell everyone now is a good time to be parting with a zed, my px (main dealer) was very fair given the visual mods on my car, need for quite a few consumables in the next few K. I've gone all grown up and bought an F10 M5. Uber beast barge. Very different and back to back the sense of occasion and sensational feedback of the z4m is something that will be sorely missed but my car was just approaching that tipping point where I either spend big this year doing the key maintenance jobs and new discs etc and keep for many years to enjoy that to the full or swap out for something newer and more suited to my current circumstances. I'll post some more details when the car has gone and I've picked up the new girl. Needless to say I'm sad to see the zed go but very excited to be back in a V8, especially something as all conquering as the M5. I still miss my e39 but they are just too old and expensive to run these days and I'd rather have a BMW warranty than any sleepless nights! Details will follow but there's some good haggling to be done if you're not in the mood for private sales (and personally I wouldn't bother given the price I achieved).
So what px price did you acheive and what were the details of your M? and which dealer?

Thanks

mj2k

M market watch

Post by mj2k » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:37 pm

tjlazer wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:02 pm Well everyone now is a good time to be parting with a zed, my px (main dealer) was very fair given the visual mods on my car, need for quite a few consumables in the next few K. I've gone all grown up and bought an F10 M5. Uber beast barge. Very different and back to back the sense of occasion and sensational feedback of the z4m is something that will be sorely missed but my car was just approaching that tipping point where I either spend big this year doing the key maintenance jobs and new discs etc and keep for many years to enjoy that to the full or swap out for something newer and more suited to my current circumstances. I'll post some more details when the car has gone and I've picked up the new girl. Needless to say I'm sad to see the zed go but very excited to be back in a V8, especially something as all conquering as the M5. I still miss my e39 but they are just too old and expensive to run these days and I'd rather have a BMW warranty than any sleepless nights! Details will follow but there's some good haggling to be done if you're not in the mood for private sales (and personally I wouldn't bother given the price I achieved).
Can you drop me a PM on the deal you got please, thanks :thumbsup:
2016 F82 M4 Comp Pack, Mineral White
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2007 ZMR, Titanium Silver for sunny days
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2007 3.0si Z4C, Stratus Grey, Amarone Leather - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE
2007 3.0si Z4C, Stratus Grey, Amarone Leather - GONE

just-right

M market watch

Post by just-right » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:44 pm

Argenta wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:04 pm Seems the milage on so many Z4M’s don’t really align with the general wear of the car?
I think there are quite a few out there with insufficient maintenance/care. Too many are owned for a short period, driven very hard (abused) and then sold on. This is not the sole reason and I don't think that is unique per country though. Plenty in the uk with a lot of wear on the seats.

Prices have remained quite stationary during the winter. Are we expecting another hike come spring?
Interlagos Blue Z4MC