Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Dropped £1k from last week which would indicate the dealer hasn't been flooded with offers :( Its a nice looker with csl reps & in classic black paint with red leather , 56 plate 80k ZMC now £18995 https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 0hr&page=1

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

-Tom-

M market watch

Post by -Tom- » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:41 pm

We buy any car keep sending me updates every so often ... it goes up each time :rofl: 58k miles coupe ... now just shy of £16k :roll:
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:48 am

-Tom- wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:41 pm We buy any car keep sending me updates every so often ... it goes up each time :rofl: 58k miles coupe ... now just shy of £16k :roll:
Somehow i don't think you would need their services Tom :oops:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

woolybear

M market watch

Post by woolybear » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:37 am

-Tom- wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:41 pm We buy any car keep sending me updates every so often ... it goes up each time :rofl: 58k miles coupe ... now just shy of £16k :roll:
And, it's possibly safe to say that WBAC work on a 'Sale' price, of circa 20% - over and above what they offer :roll:

mentalnerve

M market watch

Post by mentalnerve » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:36 pm

https://www.sytner.co.uk/bmw/car-search ... m-3-2-2dr/

this was £23k a couple of months ago as a private sale

Argenta

M market watch

Post by Argenta » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:28 am

Prices have risen outside UK too, prices start at 30000€ if you want a decent Coupe now. Thats not us spec, rhd, weird color combo, trackweapon or milage over 2000k km.

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 pm

When you decide to sell Tom let me know :D

Your car is the car ive been after since I originally got mine!

Will gladly take first dibs :thumbsup: :driving:

-Tom-

M market watch

Post by -Tom- » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 pm

tomscott wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Will genuinely give you first refusal if i can't muster up a house deposit :cry: :cry: I'm trying my best to hang on to her. What are you driving atm?

(It's been at Dick Lovett for aaaages having some servicing and some warranty work; I can't wait to get her back! Excited as if it was when i first got it! :driving: )
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:19 pm

-Tom- wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 pm
tomscott wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Will genuinely give you first refusal if i can't muster up a house deposit :cry: :cry: I'm trying my best to hang on to her. What are you driving atm?

(It's been at Dick Lovett for aaaages having some servicing and some warranty work; I can't wait to get her back! Excited as if it was when i first got it! :driving: )
Fantastic appreciate that, I would advice you to keep it if you can :thumbsup: Will be like new again :)

I do regret selling mine, finding another is hard if you want something in similar condition. On the other hand there are lots of other cars that are worth experiencing too :thumbsup:

Selling it financed traveling the world for a year and some incredible experiences that wouldn't have been possible otherwise so in that respect its not a regret.

Ive just bought a new JCW clubman... the gf wants a dog and I like minis so... certainly left field choice but actually really like it, blast to drive, bags of room and not as boring as a 3 series estate. Just drinks fuel like no tomorrow, very similar fuel consumption to the Z but engine half the size and power. :rofl:

Also just invested in something as a part venture that ive always wanted... a bit taboo to mention around here haha

I might make a thread about it at some point but appreciate its not Z related. I will post some images on instagram once ive got it all cleaned up :thumbsup:

Gustavo7

M market watch

Post by Gustavo7 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:46 pm

tomscott wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:19 pm Ive just bought a new JCW clubman... the gf wants a dog and I like minis so... certainly left field choice but actually really like it, blast to drive, bags of room and not as boring as a 3 series estate. Just drinks fuel like no tomorrow, very similar fuel consumption to the Z but engine half the size and power. :rofl:
Did you buy YL67MUY by any chance?

Had this Clubman JCW All4 for two days, as you said interesting to drive... just not in the city. Very uncomfortable seats front and back. Very safe and easy to throw around with All4. Not as nice as a Cooper S Hatch imo (have one in the family). Sport mode with the pops and bangs coming off the exhuast pipes with all windows down... it’s a real laugh!
Very bad on fuel tho! Enjoy yours!
Imola Red Z4MC

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:20 am

Gustavo7 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:46 pm
tomscott wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:19 pm Ive just bought a new JCW clubman... the gf wants a dog and I like minis so... certainly left field choice but actually really like it, blast to drive, bags of room and not as boring as a 3 series estate. Just drinks fuel like no tomorrow, very similar fuel consumption to the Z but engine half the size and power. :rofl:

Had this Clubman JCW All4 for two days, as you said interesting to drive... just not in the city. Very uncomfortable seats front and back. Very safe and easy to throw around with All4. Not as nice as a Cooper S Hatch imo (have one in the family). Sport mode with the pops and bangs coming off the exhuast pipes with all windows down... it’s a real laugh!
It was a pre reg but it only had 3 miles on it when we bought it.

TBH ive had the opposite experience I find it very comfy and love the recaro seats the sus is also competent too, specced to the nines too has the adaptive sus so thats maybe why also the sports exhaust which is a bit of an asbo.

This is my 4th mini having 2 R56 hatches a cooper and cooper S and an F56 cooper S in the past. The hatches are the better cars to drive but there isnt much in it, both have their pros and cons. The hatch unless your on your own they are useless for space IMO. The rear seats are impossible to use unless you have kids and are far to small for anything but a small journey for an adult and the boot is so small that you struggle to get a weekly shop in. This is the main consideration as the GF wants a dog and im a photographer so needed the boot space.

I always found the hatch to be a bit skitish and the torque steer not great either. The clubman is better in this respect having a much larger wheelbase and the All4 sends the power to the rear. I think it is far more competent but its not as chuckable obviously, it did take a while to get used to it and how to drive it to its best. The other thing is the Clubman is much larger inside the rear seats have loads of room and can comfortably hold and adult and the boot is so much more usable and with the hidden cubby underneath dropping the seats gives a great space too.

The main thing for me is that although its bigger and heavier there isnt really any compromise the performance is the same as the JCW hatch and you get twice the room. Its a daily for me so its not a weekender and so I appreciate that more than the hatch. Still havent seen another either which is a real plus for me.

Something like a 330D would have made more sense and for the same price the golf R is quicker, but I really love the personality of the minis, the VWs are drab inside in comparison and the 3 series is just everywhere. Like having something that isnt quite the norm :thumbsup:

mj2k

M market watch

Post by mj2k » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:38 pm

tomscott wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:20 am
Gustavo7 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:46 pm

It was a pre reg but it only had 3 miles on it when we bought it.

TBH ive had the opposite experience I find it very comfy and love the recaro seats the sus is also competent too, specced to the nines too has the adaptive sus so thats maybe why also the sports exhaust which is a bit of an asbo.

This is my 4th mini having 2 R56 hatches a cooper and cooper S and an F56 cooper S in the past. The hatches are the better cars to drive but there isnt much in it, both have their pros and cons. The hatch unless your on your own they are useless for space IMO. The rear seats are impossible to use unless you have kids and are far to small for anything but a small journey for an adult and the boot is so small that you struggle to get a weekly shop in. This is the main consideration as the GF wants a dog and im a photographer so needed the boot space.

I always found the hatch to be a bit skitish and the torque steer not great either. The clubman is better in this respect having a much larger wheelbase and the All4 sends the power to the rear. I think it is far more competent but its not as chuckable obviously, it did take a while to get used to it and how to drive it to its best. The other thing is the Clubman is much larger inside the rear seats have loads of room and can comfortably hold and adult and the boot is so much more usable and with the hidden cubby underneath dropping the seats gives a great space too.

The main thing for me is that although its bigger and heavier there isnt really any compromise the performance is the same as the JCW hatch and you get twice the room. Its a daily for me so its not a weekender and so I appreciate that more than the hatch. Still havent seen another either which is a real plus for me.

Something like a 330D would have made more sense and for the same price the golf R is quicker, but I really love the personality of the minis, the VWs are drab inside in comparison and the 3 series is just everywhere. Like having something that isnt quite the norm :thumbsup:
I’ve got the hatch F56 JCW with a JB+ dongle in it for an extra 30bhp or so, adds an extra zing via a one sensor plug & play. Toying with getting the evolve map for 300bhp but keeps torque to 350 to allow it some hope of traction. The remap seems amazing, 100-200kph the same as the Z4M!

Agree though, the JCW exhaust is just so much fun on a run, or for reminding the car in the outside lane of a motorway that they need to pull back into the middle lane. A bit less aggressive than light flashing :lol:
2016 F82 M4 Comp Pack, Mineral White
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2007 ZMR, Titanium Silver for sunny days
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2007 3.0si Z4C, Stratus Grey, Amarone Leather - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by mmm-five » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 pm

mj2k wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:38 pm I’ve got the hatch F56 JCW with a JB+ dongle in it for an extra 30bhp or so, adds an extra zing via a one sensor plug & play. Toying with getting the evolve map for 300bhp but keeps torque to 350 to allow it some hope of traction. The remap seems amazing, 100-200kph the same as the Z4M!
I'm not surprised :P :
  • Standard Z4M (338bhp, 269lbft, 1450kg) = 233bhp/tonne and 186lbft/tonne
  • Tweaked Mini JCW (300bhp, 350lbft, 1200kg) = 250bhp/tonne and 292lbft/tonne
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

mj2k

M market watch

Post by mj2k » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:21 pm

mmm-five wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:03 pm
mj2k wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:38 pm I’ve got the hatch F56 JCW with a JB+ dongle in it for an extra 30bhp or so, adds an extra zing via a one sensor plug & play. Toying with getting the evolve map for 300bhp but keeps torque to 350 to allow it some hope of traction. The remap seems amazing, 100-200kph the same as the Z4M!
I'm not surprised :P :
  • Standard Z4M (338bhp, 269lbft, 1450kg) = 233bhp/tonne and 186lbft/tonne
  • Tweaked Mini JCW (300bhp, 350lbft, 1200kg) = 250bhp/tonne and 292lbft/tonne
You are really not helping me not go for it lol...

Had an E46 M3 up my backside yesterday on the M4 with a few cars in front slowing us all down...no idea where he thought we could just jump past them or me, but was swerving all over my rear trying to intimidate. Thought of the childish waiting for the slow cars to pull back in & then enjoy his shame when he went to boot it past is almost worth it.

My only concern is becoming a grown adult-child with the added fun. Might get rid of those damn RFT quicker too :lol:
2016 F82 M4 Comp Pack, Mineral White
2016 F56 JCW - GONE
2007 ZMR, Titanium Silver for sunny days
2012 N18 JCW - GONE
2013 520d F10 - GONE

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 pm

New to the market this looks superbly kept & presented , shame the seller has omitted the relevant info a potential buyer would want :(
Imola ZMR 2008 57 82k asking £14995 :? Going off what has passed by ( or still stood) the last 6 months id say very optimistic for a private sale :cry: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... BMW&page=1

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti