Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Status

M market watch

Post by Status » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:00 pm

Car does look nice in the pictures but a new set of wheel nuts that would take 10 minutes to change job done,stone chips not a problem if you know people in the game,the worst thing I could say about the paint is at the back which is a bit orange peeley but fine wet and dry gets rid of and it’s not a porshe paint job is it,should see some of the brand new merc paint jobs,think wot ever car any of us get we will allways find fault or something we want to change,

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:31 pm

It's a 12-year-old car, that isn't an exotic and isn't 'expensive'.....really don't understand some people's expectations :headbang: If you want the best, then don't go and look at a 'cheap' car and then moan about the problems/cost to get it up to an 'A1' standard. There is always Hexagon if you want perfection.

Status

M market watch

Post by Status » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:11 pm

I was happy with the car as I can see further than me nose but everyone is different and the minor bits that some might feel need doing are reflected in the price paid but let’s not forget a car is for driving not just looking at so it will get stone chips and the odd scratch,my Datsun 260 Z is 40 years old and mint condition but it has a stone chip on the front valence but I can’t be arsed to get it done cos it doesn’t bother me,hope you get your perfect car

sewega

M market watch

Post by sewega » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm

HI All,
Never posted here before - bit of a lurker.
The Seymour Pope car was my car. If the new owner wants any info then feel free to get in touch.
Cheers.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Welcome to the forum (finally) sewega. Even if you seem to be leaving it too! :(

Just the fact you have made that offer would increase my confidence - it's one of the reasons I prefer to buy privately. You can get a feel for how the car has been looked after if you talk to the owner, but a trader can't give you any insight into that.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Status

M market watch

Post by Status » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:16 am

I take no notice of traders they are there to make a living out of us and most are full of craaaap,I’ve messed around with cars and motorbikes to know enuff over the years but am always willing to learn ,of which I won’t off a dealer,The car will be going up in the air on the ramps when I get it home so any bull—— I might’ve been told will soon come out in the wash,Thanks for the offer Sewega if you can ping me over yer number I’ll give you a bell if that’s ok,I’m off to Kos tommorrow so might be next week or today if you read this

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Darren Slone » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 am

sewega wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm HI All,
Never posted here before - bit of a lurker.
The Seymour Pope car was my car. If the new owner wants any info then feel free to get in touch.
Cheers.
Cracking gesture and I’m sure Status would love a catch up and some background on the MC :driving: he bought my old 240Z many years ago and we’ve remained friends, sound fella :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

no fit state

M market watch

Post by no fit state » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:00 am

Rusty wheel nuts? :rofl:
Z4MC Imola red

Status

M market watch

Post by Status » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Might have to get it trailered home as I can’t be seen with me rusty nuts in public

mark seeker

M market watch

Post by mark seeker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 pm

WillP wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 am I went to see the imola red MC at Seymour Pope yesterday - complete waste of time...having been told over the phone that it's condition was immaculate.."be prepared to be blown away by it's condition which totally defies it's 50k miles.." i asked about stone chips...he replied that there weren't any, maybe one or two...asked about the alloys - immaculate was the answer...so 2 1/2 hour drive to see it...the front looked like my son had used his 410 shotgun on it...peppered with stone chips, small bubbling rust on the front edge of the bonnet..alloys were defo not immaculate, wheel bolts were all rusty as well...looked a really poorly looked after car...very sad as it looks stunning in the photos...so others beware!
I'm fairly sure this was for sale Q3/Q4 last year at the same garage, photos from the ad (AT) looked great. Shame.
Current - Ruby Black MR

LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:49 pm

mark seeker wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:24 pm
WillP wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 am I went to see the imola red MC at Seymour Pope yesterday - complete waste of time...having been told over the phone that it's condition was immaculate.."be prepared to be blown away by it's condition which totally defies it's 50k miles.." i asked about stone chips...he replied that there weren't any, maybe one or two...asked about the alloys - immaculate was the answer...so 2 1/2 hour drive to see it...the front looked like my son had used his 410 shotgun on it...peppered with stone chips, small bubbling rust on the front edge of the bonnet..alloys were defo not immaculate, wheel bolts were all rusty as well...looked a really poorly looked after car...very sad as it looks stunning in the photos...so others beware!
I'm fairly sure this was for sale Q3/Q4 last year at the same garage, photos from the ad (AT) looked great. Shame.
Very similar but not the same car, the last one they had didn’t have champagne leather.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

Neilson

M market watch

Post by Neilson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:32 pm

First real post, but a couple of stunning Z4M Coupes on PistonHeads tonight...
A £17795 coupe with only 47k on the clock - https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... snow.co.uk
And on the other end of the scale, a £32995 coupe with 26k on the clock, but the nicest looking interior I have ever seen!!!
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... snow.co.uk

LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:11 am

Neilson wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:32 pm First real post, but a couple of stunning Z4M Coupes on PistonHeads tonight...
A £17795 coupe with only 47k on the clock - https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... snow.co.uk
And on the other end of the scale, a £32995 coupe with 26k on the clock, but the nicest looking interior I have ever seen!!!
Worth mentioning the £17k one is a CAT D.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:31 am

LostBoy_84 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:11 am
Neilson wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:32 pm First real post, but a couple of stunning Z4M Coupes on PistonHeads tonight...
A bit naughty to not declare that in the advert. I would be be expecting something to be amiss at that price but if I were looking to buy trust in the seller would now be gone and I wouldn't consider it.
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Neilson

M market watch

Post by Neilson » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:41 am

Muckinonthesofa wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:31 am
LostBoy_84 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:11 am
A bit naughty to not declare that in the advert. I would be be expecting something to be amiss at that price but if I were looking to buy trust in the seller would now be gone and I wouldn't consider it.
I know, there's no mention of CAT D on PistonHeads, but on Autotrader it gives the symbol!