Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
bmwaddict

M market watch

Post by bmwaddict » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:45 pm

Have to agree the carbon leather looks the dogs danglies, I'd swap my Piano Black in an instant!
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:50 pm

bmwaddict wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:45 pm Have to agree the carbon leather looks the dogs danglies, I'd swap my Piano Black in an instant!
I genuinely don't mind any of the 3 but by choice id always go cl - pb then alu
I found the alu takes on a whole new feel & finish if you clean it with Megs Uc then polish it with a premium wax
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:06 am

So, the 'new' Z4 apparently won't come in a manual option (which I'm staggered by if true).....is this why the prices of our bad boy M's are going to rocket?

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:06 am So, the 'new' Z4 apparently won't come in a manual option (which I'm staggered by if true).....is this why the prices of our bad boy M's are going to rocket?
Manual sports cars are virtually a thing of the past. Add that ours are the last s54 engined, full M Division car and relatively low volumes and I think it's a recipe for price increases. Only my opinion and time will tell I suppose.
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:44 am

So, Jim's Z4MC is apparently for sale...not sure on pricing, but we know it'll look the business!

https://youtu.be/6zgLCYj1pvA

Fishy Dave

M market watch

Post by Fishy Dave » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:20 pm

Muckinonthesofa wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:15 pm Manual sports cars are virtually a thing of the past. Add that ours are the last s54 engined, full M Division car and relatively low volumes and I think it's a recipe for price increases. Only my opinion and time will tell I suppose.
Yup, I think you are right. Roadster asking prices appear to be rising over the last month, some of that is probably seasonal, but I'm sure they will keep creeping up. :)
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Fishy Dave wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:20 pm
Muckinonthesofa wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:15 pm Manual sports cars are virtually a thing of the past. Add that ours are the last s54 engined, full M Division car and relatively low volumes and I think it's a recipe for price increases. Only my opinion and time will tell I suppose.
Yup, I think you are right. Roadster asking prices appear to be rising over the last month, some of that is probably seasonal, but I'm sure they will keep creeping up. :)
I'd say the current wave of asks & (seemingly selling) exceeds any seasonal rise that is expected around now ( & failed to materialise the last 2/3 years )
Some very strong prices both MR & MC but for me it's still very much down to each example valued on its own merits .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:59 pm

67k Imola roady for £14750 https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... 06/8734623
certainly looks well kept & ins2 recently done though that would suggest the service regime is out of sync so paperwork needs a read through
Otherwise seller claiming its a minter

3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

rnz4

M market watch

Post by rnz4 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:12 pm

I’ve only found a quick mention of this....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... archad=New

Anybody have any more info please?

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 am

rnz4 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:12 pm I’ve only found a quick mention of this....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... archad=New

Anybody have any more info please?

I don't know the car personally, but it looks in poor condition and doesn't looked prepped for sale. Wheels kerbed, dirty interior trim, scuffed trim..... All sold under BMW AUC. :?
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

rnz4

M market watch

Post by rnz4 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:30 am

I don't know the car personally, but it looks in poor condition and doesn't looked prepped for sale. Wheels kerbed, dirty interior trim, scuffed trim..... All sold under BMW AUC. :?
I know it always surprises me with dealers, too eager to get it listed. It now has had a little attention... with bonnet, bumper and potential wheel refurb. And a bucket of water thrown over it

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 am

rnz4 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:30 am
I know it always surprises me with dealers, too eager to get it listed. It now has had a little attention... with bonnet, bumper and potential wheel refurb. And a bucket of water thrown over it
It's a 94k ZMC for £15k with a AUC warranty , would you prefer it fully prepped from a Indy with a worthless warranty for £18500 ? :?

They also have a 68k example for £19500 , that might prove a better prospect ?
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

WillP

M market watch

Post by WillP » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 am

I went to see the imola red MC at Seymour Pope yesterday - complete waste of time...having been told over the phone that it's condition was immaculate.."be prepared to be blown away by it's condition which totally defies it's 50k miles.." i asked about stone chips...he replied that there weren't any, maybe one or two...asked about the alloys - immaculate was the answer...so 2 1/2 hour drive to see it...the front looked like my son had used his 410 shotgun on it...peppered with stone chips, small bubbling rust on the front edge of the bonnet..alloys were defo not immaculate, wheel bolts were all rusty as well...looked a really poorly looked after car...very sad as it looks stunning in the photos...so others beware!
Alpine White MC, imola leather, OEM 19" CSL's, Gruppe M, Aero sills.

derin100

M market watch

Post by derin100 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 pm

WillP wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 am I went to see the imola red MC at Seymour Pope yesterday - complete waste of time...having been told over the phone that it's condition was immaculate.."be prepared to be blown away by it's condition which totally defies it's 50k miles.." i asked about stone chips...he replied that there weren't any, maybe one or two...asked about the alloys - immaculate was the answer...so 2 1/2 hour drive to see it...the front looked like my son had used his 410 shotgun on it...peppered with stone chips, small bubbling rust on the front edge of the bonnet..alloys were defo not immaculate, wheel bolts were all rusty as well...looked a really poorly looked after car...very sad as it looks stunning in the photos...so others beware!
I have to say, I bought a car from them some years ago which admittedly was a very much cheaper car than their usual fayre (an E39 Touring that we keep out here in France). So confident was I in the assurances they gave me over the phone that I didn't bother to go and see the car myself and my wife just paid for and collected the car.
I'll just say that the reality when I saw the car left me disappointed and having the whole car repainted before bringing it to France.
E85 3.0Si Silver on Black (Gone and will be missed)
E85 M Roadster Silver Grey on Black
E85 Alpina Roadster S Toledo Blue on Black

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Darren Slone » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:58 pm

WillP wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:55 am I went to see the imola red MC at Seymour Pope yesterday - complete waste of time...having been told over the phone that it's condition was immaculate.."be prepared to be blown away by it's condition which totally defies it's 50k miles.." i asked about stone chips...he replied that there weren't any, maybe one or two...asked about the alloys - immaculate was the answer...so 2 1/2 hour drive to see it...the front looked like my son had used his 410 shotgun on it...peppered with stone chips, small bubbling rust on the front edge of the bonnet..alloys were defo not immaculate, wheel bolts were all rusty as well...looked a really poorly looked after car...very sad as it looks stunning in the photos...so others beware!
This has now been sold to a fellow member on here who’s very happy with it’s condition, it’s all about opinions and what we expect as individuals :thumbsup:

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA