Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:36 am

StevenH72 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:05 am https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... 56/9014720

Just popped up on PH. Z4MC Ruby Black 42k miles for less than £22k. Looks suspiciously cheap?? Or are there a few overpriced private sales currently hanging around?
That's a bargain AUC from a franchised dealer. Don't think it will be around for long.
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Bodyboarder

M market watch

Post by Bodyboarder » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:00 am

That’s priced way to cheap for a dealer .... Someone will snap that up for sure !

Bodyboarder

M market watch

Post by Bodyboarder » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:03 am

Mike. wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:49 am Anyone got any info on this Interlagos Blue MC?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds ... escription

Seems to have been available for around a year now unless I’m mistaken...
Yep that’s been for sale for absolutely ages ! Weird as it looks ok but pictures always do . I’m guessing it’s a dog if it’s been for sale for so long

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:50 am

TBH there seems to be signs that the market is slowing down, especially the higher milage cars they are certainly sitting for a while and as you say cars that are priced way too high as private and 3rd party dealers offering no more than 3 month AA support on the purchase. The top end im not sure there will always be want for those cars.

Especially when there is that 15k car for 40k. I dont think there is really an investment opportunity there maybe in another 10 years with it sitting at that milage, the Z3M S54s arent commanding much higher.

Looks a gorgeous car... If it wasn't in Ipswich I would go look at it. Miles is right, specs right, price is right and you get the piece of mind of a year warranty. Very easy to push for 2 with M cars too.

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by StevenH72 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:34 am

Are you looking to get back into a Z4MC Tom? Would be nice to have admire your ///MC photography again.
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

Mike.

M market watch

Post by Mike. » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:38 am

tomscott wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:50 am especially the higher milage cars they are certainly sitting for a while and as you say cars that are priced way too high as private and 3rd party dealers offering no more than 3 month AA support on the purchase.
As a current private seller, i'd be keen to hear where (in your opinion) the private market is. I priced mine based on the ones that were available - knowing that the two closest matches:
Coupes and Convertibles Grey one (missing run-in service I think?)
Evo Motors Interlagos Blue one (unknown why it is still around but has been available since June 2017)
These have both hung around for significant periods with price fluctuations to match depending on which way the wind was blowing that morning.

Obviously I have a price in mind as to where i'd like to be, advertised price being a starter for ten expecting some negotiation.

This Ruby Black one does throw in a curve ball in all honesty, I think it is priced cheap - Sytner would likely have it up for £25k+ so Cooper must have made a very low part ex offer and can afford to market it there for a quick sale or there is something amiss - granted it has a BMW warranty but still there is cheap and potentially too cheap?!

For info/prospective buyers; the Cooper Chelmsford car had run-in at 1075 miles then visits at 22k, 30k, 33k and 40k. Unsure what those were specifically though.

Edit: Further Info on Ruby Black car for interested parties:
PDI: 10/11/2006 North Oxford
Run-In: 28/11/2006 North Oxford (1075 miles)
Blank Space in Service Book
Inspection 1/Brake Fluid/Microfilter: 24/11/2011 Cooper Chelmsford Mini (22346 miles)
Brake Fluid: 3/12/2015 Cooper Chelmsford BMW (30102 miles)
Oil Service/Microfilter: 23/11/2016 Cooper Chelmsford BMW (33934 miles)
Brake Fluid: No date Cooper Chelmsford BMW (39622 miles)

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:58 am

It is certainly worth finding out if all works out then it’s a super car at imo a sensible price although cheap.

It’s obvious people know what to look for the silver grey with red leather that’s been for sale for 18 months missed its run in and had its first service at about 17k and started at 23 no it’s just under 20. It depends where you draw the line. For me personally I’m sure it would be fine but putting that much money into a car unless if was forever with the flaw would be silly.

I would really love another Z4Mc we have just bought a dog and it’s the only sportscar with a hatch. I put some money into a 996 C4S early in the year as an investment with my father but it won’t fit I my garage so is stored up north. A Z4Mc fits all the criteria again.

I have been watching and I think it may be the fact there has been an influx they were always hard to find and now there are quite a lot of varied cars for sale.

As you say everycar is different and should be approached in that way. It could just be that Cooper don’t want an old car of the forecourt.

StevenH72
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by StevenH72 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:14 am

Mike. wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:38 am
tomscott wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:50 am especially the higher milage cars they are certainly sitting for a while and as you say cars that are priced way too high as private and 3rd party dealers offering no more than 3 month AA support on the purchase.
As a current private seller, i'd be keen to hear where (in your opinion) the private market is.

As a private buyer interested in your car, I think you've been far too optimistic :P

In all seriousness, I think you've placed your car at a sensible price point (looking at what else is on the market), but obviously it's difficult to tell relative condition of all listed examples from photos etc.

Equally, what is on the market isn't what has sold, so it's tough to say what achievable sale prices are (and have been). I'm sure we'll have an enjoyable negotiation :driving:
'07 ///M Coupé ¦ Carbon Black ¦ Black Nappa Interior ¦ Piano Black trim ¦ 224's ¦ Stubby ¦ ZHP ¦ Prof Nav ¦ Loudspeaker HiFi ¦ BT ¦ Aux ¦ 6CD ¦ Cruise ¦ Heated Seats ¦ Folding Mirrors ¦ PDC ¦ Autodim ¦

Mike.

M market watch

Post by Mike. » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:39 pm

StevenH72 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:14 am As a private buyer interested in your car, I think you've been far too optimistic :P

In all seriousness, I think you've placed your car at a sensible price point (looking at what else is on the market), but obviously it's difficult to tell relative condition of all listed examples from photos etc.

Equally, what is on the market isn't what has sold, so it's tough to say what achievable sale prices are (and have been). I'm sure we'll have an enjoyable negotiation :driving:
:rofl: definitely tricky with the Z4M market as there are such a wide range of cars/specs/conditions/service histories!

I hope mine meets expectations when you see it, i'm proud of it and think it presents really well (says everyone!) with very little/if any upcoming expenditure!

But yes, looking forward to meeting you and i'm sure an enjoyable negotiation! :thumbsup:

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by original guvnor » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:38 pm

As a current private seller, i'd be keen to hear where (in your opinion) the private market is. I priced mine based on the ones that were available - knowing that the two closest matches:
Evo Motors Interlagos Blue one (unknown why it is still around but has been available since June 2017)
These have both hung around for significant periods with price fluctuations to match depending on which way the wind was blowing that morning.

Obviously I have a price in mind as to where i'd like to be, advertised price being a starter for ten expecting some negotiation.

This Ruby Black one does throw in a curve ball in all honesty, I think it is priced cheap - Sytner would likely have it up for £25k+ so Cooper must have made a very low part ex offer and can afford to market it there for a quick sale or there is something amiss - granted it has a BMW warranty but still there is cheap and potentially too cheap?!

For info/prospective buyers; the Cooper Chelmsford car had run-in at 1075 miles then visits at 22k, 30k, 33k and 40k. Unsure what those were specifically though.

Inspection 1/Brake Fluid/Microfilter: 24/11/2011 Cooper Chelmsford Mini (22346 miles)
That's why it's cheap. More holes in that history than a colander.

For the really patient amongst you, my 2-owner 2007 44k BMW warrantied FBMWSH Z4MC will be looking for a new owner in around 12 months time, unless I get an offer I can't refuse in the meantime.... :P

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Jembo » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:46 pm

you always get what you pay for... I paid much more for mine than I wanted, where with a 10-13 year old car I don’t really want to buy from a dealer who can’t impart how it’s been treated, its life story, its adventures & mishaps.

I still chat regularly to the guy who sold me mine, as he’s interested how it is being brought forward, what’s being sorted & how it is being cared for... primarily as he’s interested in buying it back sometime in the future when his circumstance change.

Whoever gets Original Gov’s car will be getting something priceless, information on who & how things were done over a large part of its life.... and that is what will make it even more valuable.
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

shuey

M market watch

Post by shuey » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:27 am

hey guvnor, I might be interested in the z4mc in 12 months, so give me a shout when your ready to sell - not in any rush I’ve just bought an Alpine White Z4C - unless you’ve gone mad and want to do a straight swap... :evil:
For the really patient amongst you, my 2-owner 2007 44k BMW warrantied FBMWSH Z4MC will be looking for a new owner in around 12 months time, unless I get an offer I can't refuse in the meantime.... :P
M2 OG / Manual / Grey

Previous
Z4C Si Sport / Manual / Alpine White
350Z VQ35DE / Manual / Silver
Seat Leon Cupra MKII / Manual / Silver
Ford Puma 1.7
Rover 214 Si (I know!)

crustyclown777

M market watch

Post by crustyclown777 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:39 pm

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... New&page=1

Good price for an MC with this mileage, and remarkably clean MOT History.
Z4MC Interlagos Blue
Instagram: z4mcuk

earthdweller

M market watch

Post by earthdweller » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Mmmmmm .... two oil changes in 12 years last one five years after the first

That would worry me
07 3.0si Sport Roadster Titanium Silver/Syrah Blue Individual Leather, CSL reps ZHP

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Jembo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Lil' ole Red Coupe here that's photo shopped nicely https://www.premiummarques.co.uk/used-c ... 7058150242
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54