Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
woolybear

M market watch

Post by woolybear » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:38 am

mr wilks wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:19 pm So a disappointing end to the auction https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/200 ... roadster-1
Ended at £14750 , I did expect £15750 -£16750 but if the appetite isn't there then market forces dictate values :(
Fortunately the seller had a reserve , parting off the goodies then returning the car to market has to be the way forward for this one , hard to believe there wasn't stronger demand :cry:
Disappointing indeed, mr wilks :o

This is my cherished Z4M Roadster and I'm surprised she didn't make the reserve, set at a smidge over the mid £K teens, which I thought was a sensible and not unachievable figure in the first place, given all the extra goodies and Servicing etc, during my ownership..

Being positive: Every day, is a school day - as they say & a learning day :thumbsup:

Removing the Aero side skirts; Remus back boxes and fitting standard items is do'able - but it'd be a shame IMHO.. As well as taking off the M3 strut brace too :?

She's available and ready to go & if anyone is seriously interested - ping me a PM? :driving:

woolybear

M market watch

Post by woolybear » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:42 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:36 pm That is a bit of a shock. :o

But if that is indicative of demand it looks like most current classifieds are priced ambitiously!
Agreed, that some private ads, look to be priced ambitiously Mr Tidy :roll:

Similarly, one popped up on here the other week too and the price, I did wonder if it was achievable :wink:

But, as we all know, it only takes one buyer to fall head over heels in love with something and it's sold - SIMPLES :thumbsup:

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:32 am

I'm really not sure collecting cars for 'this' car is the way to go. The extras to the normal market won't add value, but a decent listing on here will see the extras appreciated and properly valued. It's a £17k car all day long IMO.

mark seeker

M market watch

Post by mark seeker » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:05 am

[/quote]

Agreed, that some private ads, look to be priced ambitiously Mr Tidy :roll:

Similarly, one popped up on here the other week too and the price, I did wonder if it was achievable :wink:

But, as we all know, it only takes one buyer to fall head over heels in love with something and it's sold - SIMPLES :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I would think it would definitely be worth advertising in the classifieds on here, sure to sell (maybe people feel less sure of an auction). :driving:
Current - Ruby Black MR

afennell

M market watch

Post by afennell » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:44 am

Thats always the risk of an auction.
Most people buy from classifieds

gerryp

M market watch

Post by gerryp » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Selling on the forum with the mods might be easier.
Sometimes mods can put buyers off.
I myself prefer the car as it left the factory.

Solbergen

M market watch

Post by Solbergen » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Very shocking indeed. A LHD would have fetched the double, and still sold :tumbleweed:

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:41 pm

Angelus666 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:32 am I'm really not sure collecting cars for 'this' car is the way to go. The extras to the normal market won't add value, but a decent listing on here will see the extras appreciated and properly valued. It's a £17k car all day long IMO.
Have to say from what I’ve heard about collecting cars is that the values attained seem to be low, good for buyers not so for sellers. With this car though I wonder how many are put off by non original trimmed seats that have the wrong stitching for an ///M.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:33 pm

woolybear wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:42 am Mr Tidy wrote: ↑Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:36 pm
That is a bit of a shock.

But if that is indicative of demand it looks like most current classifieds are priced ambitiously!

Agreed, that some private ads, look to be priced ambitiously Mr Tidy

Similarly, one popped up on here the other week too and the price, I did wonder if it was achievable

But, as we all know, it only takes one buyer to fall head over heels in love with something and it's sold - SIMPLES
I share your disappointment. In an earlier post I predicted £17K, but must admit I had based that on recent asking prices - obviously selling prices may be somewhat lower.

Just curious, but did you try advertising on here? Only I would have thought forum members might be glad to find one with Aero sills and Remus back-boxes! I was glad mine had Powerflow boxes when I bought it, and paid plenty for a pair of Aeros last year that happened to be the right colour. :D

I know someone suggested you might do better selling as standard and selling the modifications separately (probably on here), but that only works if you have the original parts to put back on.

Anyway good luck whatever you decide to do. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

woolybear

M market watch

Post by woolybear » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:36 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:33 pm
woolybear wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:42 am Mr Tidy wrote: ↑Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:36 pm
That is a bit of a shock.

Agreed, that some private ads, look to be priced ambitiously Mr Tidy

Similarly, one popped up on here the other week too and the price, I did wonder if it was achievable

But, as we all know, it only takes one buyer to fall head over heels in love with something and it's sold - SIMPLES
I share your disappointment. In an earlier post I predicted £17K, but must admit I had based that on recent asking prices - obviously selling prices may be somewhat lower.

Just curious, but did you try advertising on here? Only I would have thought forum members might be glad to find one with Aero sills and Remus back-boxes! I was glad mine had Powerflow boxes when I bought it, and paid plenty for a pair of Aeros last year that happened to be the right colour. :D

I know someone suggested you might do better selling as standard and selling the modifications separately (probably on here), but that only works if you have the original parts to put back on.

Anyway good luck whatever you decide to do. :thumbsup:
Z4M's, popping up for sale with the comparable 'goodies' fitted - which mine has, is a bit of a rarity, from what I've seen on the forum over the many years..

Interestingly, I've had contact from two interested - fellow forum'ites and have responded to them both this morning.

It's a lovely day outside and it looks set for a day or two :)
Ruby Black metallic, really does show off her infectious finish - in bright sunlight :thumbsup: :spy:

R60BBA

M market watch

Post by R60BBA » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:46 am

srhutch wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:41 pm
Angelus666 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:32 am I'm really not sure collecting cars for 'this' car is the way to go. The extras to the normal market won't add value, but a decent listing on here will see the extras appreciated and properly valued. It's a £17k car all day long IMO.
Have to say from what I’ve heard about collecting cars is that the values attained seem to be low, good for buyers not so for sellers. With this car though I wonder how many are put off by non original trimmed seats that have the wrong stitching for an ///M.
This ^
Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 2005 997 Carrera S
Gone: 2004 R53 Cooper S
Gone: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI

bg1

M market watch

Post by bg1 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Has the Warwick Hall one been reduced 18,995?

Looks great but I would only have heated seats - yes even in a coupe.

CraigP

M market watch

Post by CraigP » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:04 pm

That's the same price it was originally advertised at, only difference is that it is back on AT now the EMS error has been sorted hopefully.

Spark Model

M market watch

Post by Spark Model » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:08 am

woolybear wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:38 am
mr wilks wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:19 pm So a disappointing end to the auction https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/200 ... roadster-1
Ended at £14750 , I did expect £15750 -£16750 but if the appetite isn't there then market forces dictate values :(
Fortunately the seller had a reserve , parting off the goodies then returning the car to market has to be the way forward for this one , hard to believe there wasn't stronger demand :cry:
Disappointing indeed, mr wilks :o

This is my cherished Z4M Roadster and I'm surprised she didn't make the reserve, set at a smidge over the mid £K teens, which I thought was a sensible and not unachievable figure in the first place, given all the extra goodies and Servicing etc, during my ownership..

Being positive: Every day, is a school day - as they say & a learning day :thumbsup:

Removing the Aero side skirts; Remus back boxes and fitting standard items is do'able - but it'd be a shame IMHO.. As well as taking off the M3 strut brace too :?

She's available and ready to go & if anyone is seriously interested - ping me a PM? :driving:
Hi Woolybear,

Please could you pm me your contact details. I don't think I have enough posts to message you.

Cheers

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by Ole gits rule » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:34 am

Hi Woolybear,

Please could you pm me your contact details. I don't think I have enough posts to message you.

Cheers
[/quote]

You should be able to PM - only need 3 posts :thumbsup:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.