Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:25 pm

That does look like a bit of a bargain compared to the others on the market just now - even if it needs a few quid invested in getting rid of that awful dash trim!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

woolybear

M market watch

Post by woolybear » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:08 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:25 pm That does look like a bit of a bargain compared to the others on the market just now - even if it needs a few quid invested in getting rid of that awful dash trim!
X2 :thumbsup:

One thing to note, from the AT images however: she looks like, she's sat on a set of Yokohama AD08R tyres.. :?

..Let's say, not necessarily an everyday tyre, but generally for more specific & 'energetic' use, compared to a normal road tyre.

Don't get me wrong, I've had AD08R tyres on a couple of cars and they're awesome, for track use :driving:

At that price, a new set of rubber boots wouldn't break the bank though..

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:19 am

I don’t mind the wheels, but the cream leather is pretty ugly IMO. It would be acceptable in an Imola ///MR, although even then I’d still prefer black. The aluminium dash trim is much more easily fixed if it’s not to your taste, but seats and door cards would be expensive.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

tomscott
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by tomscott » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:01 am

BMWZ4MC wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:19 am I don’t mind the wheels, but the cream leather is pretty ugly IMO. It would be acceptable in an Imola ///MR, although even then I’d still prefer black. The aluminium dash trim is much more easily fixed if it’s not to your taste, but seats and door cards would be expensive.
Personal preference tho isn't it. For example personally I think the opposite, problem with the coupe generally is that its small, compact, dark and quite claustrophobic. That was the one criticism I had when I had my coupe, really don't like how dark and dingy it was. Black is classic but it accentuates all of those things, black on black I think its too much and its such a safe option in a car where options were limited. The aluminium doesn't offend but it doesn't ooze quality, but cream in a black car isn't something that is offensive quite the opposite its a classic combination and brightens up the interior imo.

If I was looking for another I would try and get anything but a black interior.

On the other hand black is safe, like I said you won't offend anyone and its easy to look after and probably easier to sell.

As these cars are quirky and niche anyway and options were limited I think cars that offer personality are more appealing.

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:39 am

Exactly, these things are always personal preference - a cream interior would put me off if there was an alternative comparable car available. Amarone would be my preference in a black car, or perhaps red at a push.
I’m not sure the interior of any Zed oozes quality, but none of the choices of dash panel offend, except perhaps wood!
S2000 GT - gone

R_P_M_

M market watch

Post by R_P_M_ » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:09 am

The carbon leather (or extended leather) on the dash really lifts the quality of the interior, no idea why someone decided to spec aluminium :|
Current - Z4M Coupe, Ruby Black, Extended amarone, Copper bronze 224s, Eventuri carbon intake, BC Racing Coilovers, OEM strut brace, top spec including digital TV 8)

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:41 pm

I'm with tomscott on black interiors - I generally prefer any other colour, especially in a Z4C with it's small cockpit and black headlining!

Luckily I've managed to find other colours in my Z4s. :D

But as has been said it's all personal preference.
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Looney

M market watch

Post by Looney » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Bump agree with the above the Carbon and black looks classy!

Ill be selling my Z4MC soon, should anyone know anyone interested.

@Vehicles for Sale Thread (Shameless Plug Sorry)

Tom
Mini R56 FJCW
Z4MC Imola Red

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:32 pm

That's a shame Tom, after all the effort you went to to get it! :(
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

woolybear

M market watch

Post by woolybear » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:48 pm

SPOTTED on eBay
-
Not mine & nothing to do with me, but what a pure unadulterated - thing of beauty, in this colour for a Z4MC :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Sepang- ... Swfh9fXVbn

I'm sure, this might provoke some words of wisdom, from the brethren within :)

MKZ4000

M market watch

Post by MKZ4000 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Think it might have been advertised here before. Certainly seen it listed before.

The only blemish is the accident damage which although comprehensively described is still a blot on the copy book.

It does look amazing though and a great interior combination
BMW E85 Z4M
BMW E85 Z4 2.5
Gone Z4 E85 3.0

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by BMWZ4MC » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 am

Shame about the horrible colour, inside and out!
It’s overpriced for a previously written off 60k mile car, as evidenced by the length of time it has been for sale across various locations using the same advertisement. However, if I really wanted poo-brown, I’d give it some consideration.
S2000 GT - gone

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by flimper » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:30 am

BMWZ4MC wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:59 am Shame about the horrible colour, inside and out!
It’s overpriced for a previously written off 60k mile car, as evidenced by the length of time it has been for sale across various locations using the same advertisement. However, if I really wanted poo-brown, I’d give it some consideration.
Haha, not everyone loves the Sepang then :rofl:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by BMWZ4MC » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 am

Bronze seems to be the new white for the second decade of this century. I see half a dozen Evoques and Velars in that colour each day and a similar number of brown Porsche SUVs each week. I’m sure the owner of each thinks that they’ve made a bold, left-field decision that reflects how different they are from the majority. I’m afraid I just see poo :D
S2000 GT - gone

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

M market watch

Post by flimper » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:42 am

You are right, bronze & white are the fashionable colours, I'm still content with unfashionable Interlagos 8)
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise