Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Argenta

M market watch

Post by Argenta » Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 am

srhutch wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:44 pm You can have DSP without Nav, but there are not many Spec’d that way.
Mine has, rear parking sensors / subwoofer 10 speaker / no nav, and I've seen others. Clever spec in hindsight
Last edited by Argenta on Mon May 03, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justino

M market watch

Post by Justino » Mon May 03, 2021 11:32 am

Angelus666 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:23 pm Low spec car.... :headbang: There's literally no original spec choices on these cars that add any value today. Sat Nav, Speakers, Parking Sensors, heated seats, Bluetooth....all pretty crap, clunky and prone to issues and can easily be bettered with some good aftermarket choices. I'd go so far to say that a low spec car will be what the collectors will look for in 10 years time.
Don't fully agree with this. Sensors and heated seats a must. I have heated seats, but just have the rear sensors, were front ever an option?

I have DSP (you get the subs) and Nav. Whilst the Nav is old, the screen allows you to upload speed camera icons, and also integrate with the phone for bluetooth playing, and phone numbers etc. I would rather have it than not have it. If you dont like it you just leave it closed.

Also have individual leather, sport button, wind deflector and carbon leather.

Half or full leather was an expensive optin at the time

It would be so good if you could replace the screen with a better resolution, or beable to mirror an iphone screen on it, but all my research has shown it to be a complex task, so it is in my difficult pile of jobs i'd like to do.

The way to settle this is, imagine 2 identical cars, same condition and price, one has the usual extra's heated seats, sensors, nav, sport button, DSP etc, the other has nothing. Which would you buy?
2008 Z4MR Silver Grey
2017 Audi A6 Avant Quattro 3.0 BiTdi
2003 Clio 172 Cup

Justino

M market watch

Post by Justino » Mon May 03, 2021 11:36 am

ibasniper wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:56 pm
srhutch wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:41 pm
Angelus666 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:32 am I'm really not sure collecting cars for 'this' car is the way to go. The extras to the normal market won't add value, but a decent listing on here will see the extras appreciated and properly valued. It's a £17k car all day long IMO.
Have to say from what I’ve heard about collecting cars is that the values attained seem to be low, good for buyers not so for sellers. With this car though I wonder how many are put off by non original trimmed seats that have the wrong stitching for an ///M.
Seat Stitching is the same as mine( None M), which has the New England leather? so does this mean it's has a seat swop at some point as there's no M logo
Individual leather colours did not have the embossed M logo.
2008 Z4MR Silver Grey
2017 Audi A6 Avant Quattro 3.0 BiTdi
2003 Clio 172 Cup

SiJar

M market watch

Post by SiJar » Mon May 03, 2021 12:17 pm

Absolutely of course anyone would take the car with the most extras, unless they were an idiot!
Z4///MC

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Mon May 03, 2021 6:16 pm

SiJar wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:17 pm Absolutely of course anyone would take the car with the most extras, unless they were an idiot!
The only people that bang on about lower spec cars being better than high spec cars are owners of low spec cars :rofl:
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Mos6689

M market watch

Post by Mos6689 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 pm

Hey all, been looking at getting back into a ZC but looking for an M this time around. Been looking for about a month now and prices have jumped significantly since I last looked about a year ago.

Wanted to gauge, from the experienced on here, whether the markets in a bubble (the whole car market seems to be at the moment) or is it a settling point for the Z4MC as good examples become scarce?

All those on autotrader which claim to have full history never do either, which is frustrating seeing as those that are priced £25k plus you’d expect an exemplary history from.

Best I’ve found so far is one that’s missed one oil change and brake fluid change & has also never had a diff oil change. It’s hard gauging what’s acceptable when paying top end. Hoping someone here can help shine a light.

Status

M market watch

Post by Status » Mon May 03, 2021 8:49 pm

Think the m coupes are rising a bit as are the rag tops,I’ll d a proper ad one day and put this up for sale but still not got the heart to dot yet but if the right offer comes up then I might sel it as it’s not getting the use,got too many cars
Attachments
1A02B292-69F1-42B2-AD07-FAC3AB31566A.jpeg
1A02B292-69F1-42B2-AD07-FAC3AB31566A.jpeg (236.32 KiB) Viewed 714 times

Mos6689

M market watch

Post by Mos6689 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm

What’s the mileage on her? Genuine CSLs? Options?

Strongly considering pulling the trigger on the one I mentioned that’s missed one service because every other one up for sale at the moment has missed a lot more than 1 service.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon May 03, 2021 8:56 pm

Prices have definitely climbed over the last year.

I bought my MC in December 2019 for a good price.

Based on what I've seen when first lockdown ended last year asking prices seemed to shoot up, and have been creeping up ever since.

When life really does go back to normal and people can spend on foreign holidays, etc. I can see there being a dip - but then it may be years before life gets back to pre-Covid reality.

Seeing as less than 600 MCs were registered in the UK I'd say any MC is pretty scarce! So good examples are going to be few and far between.

Good luck finding the right one. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm

I don't think the MCoupes have shifted much either up or down in the last few years , M roadies have strengthened over the past 12 months but that is noticeably cooling now .
The market has changed a little in that the cars are now hitting 15 yrs old , most have had multiple owners so mileage is no longer a caveat for condition or a way to ascertain a cars value .
Those looking to buy into any ZM now need to do their homework as to how a car has been kept & to a certain extent ignore mileage + spec .
Instead concentrate on present owners upkeep , current condition & any recent spend , a missed oil change 8 yrs ago or having 6 or 7 previous owners imo is irrelevant now , you could buy a donkey with 40k on or a gem with 80k :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm

Mos6689 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm What’s the mileage on her? Genuine CSLs? Options?

Strongly considering pulling the trigger on the one I mentioned that’s missed one service because every other one up for sale at the moment has missed a lot more than 1 service.
If you were to buy the above imola car i'm sure there would be many on here willing to chip in just to see it sold :cry: can't just me be yawning every time it appears on each & every "ZMC Wanted " post :roll:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon May 03, 2021 11:29 pm

mr wilks wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm I don't think the MCoupes have shifted much either up or down in the last few years , M roadies have strengthened over the past 12 months but that is noticeably cooling now .
That hasn't been my experience to be fair.

I first looked at a really clean MC in Interlagos Blue with Light Sepang Bronze that was on 91K miles in June 2019 and up for £15K, but went for £13.5K on Ebay while I was still trying to make my mind up. :roll:

A few months later I went to look at a black/black MC at a trader less than a mile from home on behalf of a forum member 150+ miles away. It had done just over 100K miles and was advertised for just under £13K.

Then in December 2019 I saw an advert for mine. Asking price was £14K on 76K miles, but I bought it for less - good luck finding anything similar now!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Tue May 04, 2021 6:22 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:29 pm
mr wilks wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm I don't think the MCoupes have shifted much either up or down in the last few years , M roadies have strengthened over the past 12 months but that is noticeably cooling now .
That hasn't been my experience to be fair.

I first looked at a really clean MC in Interlagos Blue with Light Sepang Bronze that was on 91K miles in June 2019 and up for £15K, but went for £13.5K on Ebay while I was still trying to make my mind up. :roll:

A few months later I went to look at a black/black MC at a trader less than a mile from home on behalf of a forum member 150+ miles away. It had done just over 100K miles and was advertised for just under £13K.

Then in December 2019 I saw an advert for mine. Asking price was £14K on 76K miles, but I bought it for less - good luck finding anything similar now!
With respect Mr T yours was not a true reflective of the market either then or now :wink: the car you bought should & could have sold for a good lump more & that's not just my opinion , read the comments on the thread viewtopic.php?f=41&t=119021
I don't think prices have moved much at all , you will always see a wide banding of ask prices but reality tells us the donkeys & the overpriced don't sell .
A quick scan of the market today shows pretty much the same scene as last year or the year before , a decent 50k -60k MC will sell around £19500/£20k , , the ones at £22500+ just sit there months & months
A decent 30k -40k MC should find a buyer around £22500 & leggy 100k MCs need to be around £15k to get interest .
AutoTrader right now has 28 ZMs for sale , 21 of those being MCs , that tells me all i need to know :wink: either there are more cars for sale than there is buyers or buyers simply don't see a car for them at a price they find agreeable .
3 here that show the broad range

overpriced /

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 0hr&page=1

getting close

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 0hr&page=1

fantasy land
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 000&page=2
Last edited by mr wilks on Tue May 04, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti

Status

M market watch

Post by Status » Tue May 04, 2021 6:23 am

Agree there mr Wilkes but as most that say they are after one are genuine timewasters I can’t be bothered to do a proper ad plus every time I get it out of the garage I think to myself,it does look the nuts do I really want to sell it but it is a lot of money sitting there not getting used due to this bug going round and also the missus getting over blood clots on her lungs to which she nearly died,she has a heart ablation on Thursday so I’ll make my mind up wether to do a proper ad over the next few months as that’s how long it can take to take effect.When I ask people wot their budget is and they don’t answer then I think you’ll agree hence I just offer it up when someone says they are looking for one.
For the record Moss it’s done 55000 miles and it’s got all the goodies on it.
So wots yer budget because this ain’t yer 18 k m coupe we see advertised ,it’s as good underneath as it is on top,

MKZ4000

M market watch

Post by MKZ4000 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:17 am

Would it not be better to just state your asking price? A lot of people have a varying budget dependent on the particulars of the car.
BMW E85 Z4M
BMW E85 Z4 2.5
Gone Z4 E85 3.0