Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
NorthernSky

M market watch

Post by NorthernSky » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Thanks for the comments on this everyone. Yeah - I have a suspicion that in the months after I sell, the values will see the long-awaited rise. They are a more refined and equally beautiful proposition to the other ///M offerings of the 2000's, and I'll be kicking myself when it's gone...

Needs must sometimes in life (house purchase!) :(. :cry:
...RIP: '04 Midnight blue 3.0i roadster... :cry:

...Hello '07 Midnight blue Z4M Coupe! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Papa_Zee

M market watch

Post by Papa_Zee » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:58 pm

NorthernSky wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:56 pm Thanks for the comments on this everyone. Yeah - I have a suspicion that in the months after I sell, the values will see the long-awaited rise. They are a more refined and equally beautiful proposition to the other ///M offerings of the 2000's, and I'll be kicking myself when it's gone...

Needs must sometimes in life (house purchase!) :(. :cry:
Don’t do it! :cry:
E89 35is

drummachine

M market watch

Post by drummachine » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Spaniarduk

M market watch

Post by Spaniarduk » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 pm

drummachine wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:28 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-BMW-Z-S ... rk:21:pf:0

This is a lovely example
Just like mine, bar the champagne leather seats and that mine is slightly lower mileage at 31k!! 😍😎
Volando voy
Volando vengo
Volando voy
Volando vengo, -engo
Y por el camino
Yo me entretengo 🕺💃

srhutch

M market watch

Post by srhutch » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Spaniarduk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 pm
drummachine wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:28 pm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-BMW-Z-S ... rk:21:pf:0

This is a lovely example
Just like mine, bar the champagne leather seats and that mine is slightly lower mileage at 31k!! 😍😎
This has extended to, but the black/champagne miss match I'm not so keen on. Black extended seems to work better IMO.

ocrx8

M market watch

Post by ocrx8 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:49 pm

This is a lovely example
One of the best I’ve ever seen. Should sell quickly with that spec, mileage and colour combo.
Current: '08 ///MR | Interlagos | Champagne | Nav | DSP | Cruise | Intravee | ZHP | Black Grilles | Stubby

Previous: '56 3.0si Sport Roadster | Ruby Black | Extended Champagne | Nav | DSP | Xenons | 108s | Non-RFs | Stubby

T1berious

M market watch

Post by T1berious » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:31 am

Looks like the time has come (well, later this year) for the Zed and I to part company.

A recent big spend (3.6k!) and the engine rebuild in 2017 mean I'm looking at a M2 Competition as a way to modernise my petrol head needs.

So, I thought I'd ask the forum what's she worth?

Unfortunately, she doesn't have the sexiest options

Silver
Sat Nav
Standard Stereo (why?)
Individual Interior (Red and Black)
Heated Seats (Are these standard?)
Roof Motor relocation

BMWFSH 98k (engine rebuild at 96K 5K spend)

Recent New DME and Throttle Actuator

Looking here https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/10/z4m/ similar cars are going for around the 13.5K - 15K mark?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Cheers

T1b
Current
718 Cayman GTS 4.0, Kia EV6 GT line S

F87 M2C ,F82 440i, E85 Z4MR, E92 330i All Gone!

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

M market watch

Post by mr wilks » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:16 pm

T1berious wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:31 am Looks like the time has come (well, later this year) for the Zed and I to part company.

A recent big spend (3.6k!) and the engine rebuild in 2017 mean I'm looking at a M2 Competition as a way to modernise my petrol head needs.

Silver
Sat Nav
Standard Stereo (why?)
Roof Motor relocation

Looking here https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/list/10/z4m/ similar cars are going for around the 13.5K - 15K mark?

Cheers

T1b
The recent work covered may add some security to a buyers thoughts but unlikely to add much by way of value especially if selling off the forum to potential buyers who aren't even aware of the S54 foibles .
As someone who has had a well kept 68k ti silver ZMR up for sale the past few months id be amazed if you had any interest over £12k with 98k on the car :cry: that could change as spring looms but right now id say £11k ish :(
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Trav

M market watch

Post by Trav » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:43 pm

T1berious wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:31 am Looks like the time has come (well, later this year) for the Zed and I to part company.

Silver
Sat Nav
Standard Stereo (why?)
Roof Motor relocation

Cheers

T1b
I think the cars you are quoting are in the Netherlands. This may not be a reflection of your cars value. Don't undervalue, but be realistic if you want to move it. I think values are higher generally in Europe.
Z4MR A.W.

T1berious

M market watch

Post by T1berious » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:50 am

Yeah, I think I'll angle for 11K in summer and hope it shifts
Current
718 Cayman GTS 4.0, Kia EV6 GT line S

F87 M2C ,F82 440i, E85 Z4MR, E92 330i All Gone!

JohnV

M market watch

Post by JohnV » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:53 pm

I'm very soon going to be listing by Z4M Coupe in Silver Grey.

It has approx 48k miles, FSH, inside it's immaculate hasn't missed a beat. Just passed MOT with no advisories.

The downside is that it has a few scuffs here and there and a more serious dent to the front bumper which might require a replacement to make it "as new". Basically, people on my street have no knowledge of parallel parking and little respect for other people's property :headbang:

I'm struggling to determine how to factor that into an asking price. I could it all fixed before offering for sale, but I'd be worried about history repeating while it was waiting to find another home. All else being equal, I'd prefer to offer a discount, reflecting the material and time cost of the buyer getting it fixed. They would then have an "as new" example.

I see adverts on Pistonheads ranging from £14k to £24k, but anything with this sort of mileage is £20k+ (though admittedly trade).

Any thoughts?

Gwest44

M market watch

Post by Gwest44 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:50 pm

Nice ‘07’ plate with less than 95k at a reasonable price but have to say the photo’s are poor and the description could be better - also strange the remote locking is not working for the sake of replacing the battery.

Sorry if you are on here but GLWTS :thumbsup:
Attachments
50B2E79F-053D-4C14-BFF3-0CBDD08E9741.png
50B2E79F-053D-4C14-BFF3-0CBDD08E9741.png (532.33 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Sapphire Black 23i
Previously 7xZ3's, 5xE85's, 2xE86's & 3xE89's

Angelus666

M market watch

Post by Angelus666 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:24 pm

JohnV wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:53 pm I'm very soon going to be listing by Z4M Coupe in Silver Grey.

It has approx 48k miles, FSH, inside it's immaculate hasn't missed a beat. Just passed MOT with no advisories.

The downside is that it has a few scuffs here and there and a more serious dent to the front bumper which might require a replacement to make it "as new". Basically, people on my street have no knowledge of parallel parking and little respect for other people's property :headbang:

I'm struggling to determine how to factor that into an asking price. I could it all fixed before offering for sale, but I'd be worried about history repeating while it was waiting to find another home. All else being equal, I'd prefer to offer a discount, reflecting the material and time cost of the buyer getting it fixed. They would then have an "as new" example.

I see adverts on Pistonheads ranging from £14k to £24k, but anything with this sort of mileage is £20k+ (though admittedly trade).

Any thoughts?
If I was you, I'd get those cosmetic bits done and then look to home it elsewhere until you get it sold. In A1 condition then you should be asking £20k for that car, but if it needs 'work' then you'll put off a fair number of buyers and probably disproportionally drop in value to £17k.

I'd spend the £500 getting it sorted.

LostBoy_84

M market watch

Post by LostBoy_84 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:40 pm

JohnV wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:53 pm I'm very soon going to be listing by Z4M Coupe in Silver Grey.

Any thoughts?
Definitely get it tidied up. Most people looking at these will be looking for well kept examples, especially on lower mileage cars.
If you get that sorted and it has full history I’d be asking at least £22.5k
Last edited by LostBoy_84 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

Muckinonthesofa

M market watch

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:53 am

LostBoy_84 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Any thoughts?
Definitely get it tidied up. Most people looking at these will be looking for well keep examples, especially on lower mileage cars.
If you get that sorted and it has full history I’d be asking at least £22.5k
I've got to agree here. Get it sorted, as has been noted, you'll get a disproportionately lower price if presenting it with work needing doing. Will probably fly off the shelf in A1 condition. GLWTS
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.