M market watch

"M" Specific discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
DPG
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: West Yorks

M market watch

Post by DPG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Rather than a separate thread for each car I thought new ones could be added here.

Helpful to those of us that are looking

Interlagos Z4MR @ Rybrook BMW

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
Audi TTS

User avatar
srhutch
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25082
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: East Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: M market watch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Like the way they have prepared it for the photos :lol:

Not keen on the interior though.
Image

Darren M
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Devon

Re: M market watch

Post by Darren M » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Well, I have to say they could have made an effort and cleaned the thing up! The pics look done with a crappy low res camera. I would prefer a lighter interior and that looks like light sepang, but could be champagnem but from the interior pics it looks like the dash is scratched on passenger side, drivers door has marks. Might be just dirt....


I bought my previous Z4 MC from them and were good to deal with
Last edited by Darren M on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

User avatar
DPG
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: West Yorks

Re: M market watch

Post by DPG » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Not a fan of the interior at all.
Audi TTS

Darren M
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Devon

Re: M market watch

Post by Darren M » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:38 pm

If it's light sepang leather then my last coupe had the same leather and does look better with a better camera :) ( I think so anyway)

Image

Image
Last edited by Darren M on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

User avatar
JayEmm
Member
Member
Posts: 321
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: M market watch

Post by JayEmm » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:39 pm

I'm not sure that car is actually dirty - I think it is noise from an overly compressed image.
------------
James Martin - aka "JayEmm"
Director of Photography (Cameraman)
History: E46 M3 LSB, Z4 MC, '05 E46 330Ci Clubsport, 645Ci, '96 911 Targa, '99 911 C4

User avatar
srhutch
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25082
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: East Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: M market watch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Darren M wrote:Well, I have to say they could have made an effort and cleaned the thing up! The pics look done with a crappy low res camera. I would prefer a lighter interior and that looks like light sepang, but could be champagnem but from the interior picks it looks like the dash is scratched on passenger side, drivers door has marks. Might be just dirt....


I bought my previous Z4 MC from them and were good to deal with
Think you are right, it's Sepang. Champagne would be the better choice out of the two. For me though it would have to be black with Interlagos.
Image

User avatar
srhutch
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 25082
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm
Location: East Sussex, UK
Contact:

Re: M market watch

Post by srhutch » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:40 pm

JayEmm wrote:I'm not sure that car is actually dirty - I think it is noise from an overly compressed image.
It's dirt and a car that has no protection, hence the water clinging on to it.
Image

Darren M
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Devon

Re: M market watch

Post by Darren M » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Well, even with the rubbish pictures of a dirty car, that car has been sold already. Only had 1 lady owner from new who apparently hardly used it. They had loads of calls about it and the first person to enquire bought it. The low milage was an obvious attraction to that car.
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

User avatar
Beedub
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9307
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield

Re: M market watch

Post by Beedub » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Darren M wrote:Well, even with the rubbish pictures of a dirty car, that car has been sold already. Only had 1 lady owner from new who apparently hardly used it. They had loads of calls about it and the first person to enquire bought it. The low milage was an obvious attraction to that car.

z4m is going to become a very sort after car all the signs are their, sold that quick with those type of pics!! Bet they wish they'd have stuck it up at 18k and i bet it would have sold too.... :driving:

User avatar
Beedub
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9307
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield

Re: M market watch

Post by Beedub » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:35 pm

Darren M wrote:If it's light sepang leather then my last coupe had the same leather and does look better with a better camera :) ( I think so anyway)

Image

Image

this pics makes me wish i didn't have NAV, first time I've seen that dash and genuinely though it looks really clean looking without the nav unit.


excuse the poor pic
Image

User avatar
DPG
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4029
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: West Yorks

Re: M market watch

Post by DPG » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Darren M wrote:Well, even with the rubbish pictures of a dirty car, that car has been sold already. Only had 1 lady owner from new who apparently hardly used it. They had loads of calls about it and the first person to enquire bought it. The low milage was an obvious attraction to that car.
s**t that was quick. I was going to give them a ring at the weekend.
Audi TTS

Darren M
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Devon

Re: M market watch

Post by Darren M » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:03 pm

DPG wrote:
Darren M wrote:Well, even with the rubbish pictures of a dirty car, that car has been sold already. Only had 1 lady owner from new who apparently hardly used it. They had loads of calls about it and the first person to enquire bought it. The low milage was an obvious attraction to that car.
s**t that was quick. I was going to give them a ring at the weekend.

Yep, goes to show, if you have something that isg now getting rare (ie, low miles, one owner, full BMW SH), even in the middle of winter,the rule book goes out the window. I too am very surprised. THey have stated they will look around for a few customers who have enquired to look for similar cars but I just stated if they get anything else in to let me know, but no doubt they will increase their price next time
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

Darren M
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Devon

Re: M market watch

Post by Darren M » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Beedub wrote:
this pics makes me wish i didn't have NAV, first time I've seen that dash and genuinely though it looks really clean looking without the nav unit.
Yes,I've always much preferred the non-nav dash. I wonder, if as these cars get older a good profit could be made by buying up some dashboard stock from BMW (non nav) ready to sell to those who in future decide their sat nav is just too buggered or dated to want sitting on the dashboard anymore :)
Current 2011 X1 2.0d xDrive
2006 Z4 M Coupe Interlagos with Light Sepang interior - GONE 08/2012 - PY56 GH* - where now?
2006 Z4 Si Coupe - Montego blue - GONE approx 05/2009 - WJ56 YU* - where now?

User avatar
Beedub
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9307
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:25 pm
Location: Sutton Coldfield

Re: M market watch

Post by Beedub » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:46 pm

Darren M wrote:
DPG wrote:
Darren M wrote:Well, even with the rubbish pictures of a dirty car, that car has been sold already. Only had 1 lady owner from new who apparently hardly used it. They had loads of calls about it and the first person to enquire bought it. The low milage was an obvious attraction to that car.
s**t that was quick. I was going to give them a ring at the weekend.

Yep, goes to show, if you have something that isg now getting rare (ie, low miles, one owner, full BMW SH), even in the middle of winter,the rule book goes out the window. I too am very surprised. THey have stated they will look around for a few customers who have enquired to look for similar cars but I just stated if they get anything else in to let me know, but no doubt they will increase their price next time
For sure. Car sold very quick with lots of enquires and sold to the first customer, even with the very poor pics , I think we will see the dealers experimenting with higher prices soon, this car would have definitely sold at the 18k mark. Great news for the z4 owner.

Post Reply