Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M Mileage

"M" Specific discussion
rabman5

Post by rabman5 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:07 am

Greetings from my first roadtrip in my M roadster. I started the day with 2200 miles and drove 750 miles today. OBC shows 23.5 mpg but my calculations came out to 24.3 mpg. Not much spirited driving today, maintained speeds of 74-80 mph all day. (saw 95-100 once or twice)

I got 30-31 mpg in my old z4 3.0 so I'm not disappointed at all. :driving:

Color

Re: M Mileage

Post by Color » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:08 am

Rama wrote:Okay, I never expected this to be an economy car, but I'm a bit surprised that it's as thristy as it is. I suspect the OBC's mileage calculation is not terribly accurate, but for comparison purposes it should be reasonable. On my former 3.0l, I was getting a pretty steady 9.7l/100 km, but with the M Roadster it's more like 13.5l/100km.

Now considering I'm not thrashing this car nearly as much as I did the 3.0 (that was used, this is new and yes I am observing the break in procedures), I'm a bit surprised at the difference.

Will this get better once the engine gets some miles on it, or is this about what I can expect?

Thanks, Al
Don't worry, I've just passed the 10 000 km mark and I keep a consistent 14.0 l / 100 k, so it can only get worse :P
I stopped monitoring the mpg, it just distracts from my enjoyment of the car. . .