Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

next service after the first 2000 km run-in service

"M" Specific discussion
Color

next service after the first 2000 km run-in service

Post by Color » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:10 pm

I've reached about 9000 km's and the computer says I still have 10000 do go until the first service. However the oil service indicator is lit, so I guess it's about time to get an oil change. I also checked out the oil and it's a bit less transparent than after the 2000 km service and does not feel completely smooth, so I guess the motor would be better off with some new blood.

How many M owners have had an oil change inbetween the 2000 km service and the first service as indicated by the computer?

taffy

Post by taffy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Be careful not to get the dealer to stamp the book if it has an unscheduled oil service, sometimes dealers wrongly assume that you've got the service intervals wrong, I lost out last week for this very reason

inTgr8r

Re: next service after the first 2000 km run-in service

Post by inTgr8r » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:04 pm

Color wrote:I've reached about 9000 km's and the computer says I still have 10000 do go until the first service. However the oil service indicator is lit, so I guess it's about time to get an oil change. I also checked out the oil and it's a bit less transparent than after the 2000 km service and does not feel completely smooth, so I guess the motor would be better off with some new blood.

How many M owners have had an oil change inbetween the 2000 km service and the first service as indicated by the computer?
:scratchhead: I don't recall anything about an oil service indicator :scratchhead:
...are you sure it's not the oil level/pressure warning?

& yes I change mine between service intervals.

Color

Post by Color » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:13 pm

This is the oil service indicator, to the left of the number indicating distance left to next service.

Actually I just realized by reading the manual that I have had a confusion regarding this indicator. I thought it meant to indicate a needed oil service inbetween the normal intervals. But what it really indicates is what type of service the next one is (oilservice or inspection). So I stand corrected - by myself 8) :D

carl

Post by carl » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:06 pm

You dipstick :rofl: