Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Supersprint manifold

"M" Specific discussion
AndyBeech

Supersprint manifold

Post by AndyBeech » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:34 pm

Gnipper wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:28 pm The bit that worries me about the supersprint sports cats is they are EVEN more expensive than the manifold

SIGH lol, this car has a way of parting me with my hard earned cash

NA all day long :thumbsup:
Yeah but at least you've already got the airbox and cams done which are parts most owners dribble over, me included :lol:

Suspension and brakes pale in comparison to what you can spend on these engines!
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Gnipper

Supersprint manifold

Post by Gnipper » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:53 pm

Very true!

Will be turning my attention on those very soon
Z4m affectionately known as ‘The Dragon’

RedUn

Supersprint manifold

Post by RedUn » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:00 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:34 pm
Gnipper wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:28 pm The bit that worries me about the supersprint sports cats is they are EVEN more expensive than the manifold

SIGH lol, this car has a way of parting me with my hard earned cash

NA all day long :thumbsup:
Yeah but at least you've already got the airbox and cams done which are parts most owners dribble over, me included :lol:

Suspension and brakes pale in comparison to what you can spend on these engines!
Don't underestimate the cost of a decent setup :fuelfire: :rofl:

Edit to add, anything on these cars can go into daft money so maybe don't underestimate anything 8)
IMOLA Z4///MR

RedUn

Supersprint manifold

Post by RedUn » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:02 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:21 pm
Gnipper wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 pm I’ve always been NA I just adore the noise with the box and these cams- can’t ever see myself going down FI route
Fair enough, and I agree! I think Status Gruppe do headers for the M3, not sure if they will fit but imagine they'll have the same issues.

I remember that slightly infamous video of the E46 M3 on YouTube supposedly with a decat and headers sounding like an F1 car....always wanted that sound after that :lol:
Loaded CSL by any chance?
IMOLA Z4///MR

AndyBeech

Supersprint manifold

Post by AndyBeech » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:07 pm

RedUn wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:02 pm
AndyBeech wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:21 pm
Gnipper wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:11 pm I’ve always been NA I just adore the noise with the box and these cams- can’t ever see myself going down FI route
Fair enough, and I agree! I think Status Gruppe do headers for the M3, not sure if they will fit but imagine they'll have the same issues.

I remember that slightly infamous video of the E46 M3 on YouTube supposedly with a decat and headers sounding like an F1 car....always wanted that sound after that :lol:
Loaded CSL by any chance?
Yeah that's the one, think it was supercharged actually so...kind of cheating!

But yeah anything can cost serious dough, I never did count the cost of my setup, probably best not, and I didn't even go that crazy with it compared to what's available!
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

GT Spec

Supersprint manifold

Post by GT Spec » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:37 pm

Hi @Gnipper I went with the 789801 manifold in the end. Still haven’t fitted it yet, looking to do it over the winter months. What is your issue with the one you went for?

Cheers.
E85 M, Aero Skirts and Hardtop
Schrick 288/280 Cams and Rockers
Karbonius Race Airbox
BMW Motorsport 4.1 FD
Supersprint Full System inc 100 Cell Cats
163M CSL Rims
Bilstein/Eibach B12
Recaro Sportster CS

Diagnostic scanning and coding in Essex

///MBan

Supersprint manifold

Post by ///MBan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:33 am

Gnipper - Supersprint offered to arrange and pay for the headers and s-pipe to be couriered back to them, so hopefully they will offer you the same. By the time they offered, I had already made the call to have the headers modified and fitted. There are no other options available for RHD, so I thought I may as well give it a go since I had already paid to have the standard manifolds removed.

Even without a tune the headers + s-pipe made more peak power than stock, although a bit of mid-range was lost. However, adding a tune made a big difference. So, I would think you will still gain some power with your V2 headers if you have them modified to fit, particularly with your other mods.

Gnipper

Supersprint manifold

Post by Gnipper » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:35 am

Hi @GT Spec and @MBan

Really appreciate the replies. So I too have 789801 and it in NO WAY will clear the steering column, ours comes out at a different angle to an E46 M3 so it’s impossible to clear it, without serious modification.

It’s a real dilemma, whether to return them or modify to go on. I’m about to pull the trigger on sports cat 789802 as I wanted to pair them.

GT Spec

Supersprint manifold

Post by GT Spec » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:04 pm

That is a bit of a shocker. I crosschecked against the RealOEM RHD/LHD M3 CSL and the RHD/LHD Z4M part numbers, they are all the same! Slightly annoyed now! Did you get any pics in the engine bay?
E85 M, Aero Skirts and Hardtop
Schrick 288/280 Cams and Rockers
Karbonius Race Airbox
BMW Motorsport 4.1 FD
Supersprint Full System inc 100 Cell Cats
163M CSL Rims
Bilstein/Eibach B12
Recaro Sportster CS

Diagnostic scanning and coding in Essex

Gnipper

Supersprint manifold

Post by Gnipper » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:34 pm

Yep I was GUTTED when CPC contacted me with the news, as Phil had to the the engine BACK OUT to reinstall old ones

I have emailed supersprint and they also confirmed they do not and never have made a manifold for the Z4M RHD specifically. They are arranging to ship back to Italy.

Really sorry for the news. I will send some pics to you if the clearance issues

Gnipper

Supersprint manifold

Post by Gnipper » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:36 pm

@MBan, where did you go to get your manifolds reworked to fit and also for your tune- I’m guessing evolve will be best for the mapping

///MBan

Supersprint manifold

Post by ///MBan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:38 pm

Gnipper wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:36 pm @MBan, where did you go to get your manifolds reworked to fit and also for your tune- I’m guessing evolve will be best for the mapping
I’m in Perth, Western Australia, so the shop that did the work probably won’t be much help to you. I have a few pictures of the modifications they made, which don’t look that complex, but it sounds like you’re sending them back anyway.

Severn Tuning did my tune and they were great. All up Josh made 5 tune revisions based on dyno runs and data logging. The result is very smooth, substantially more power and torque below 4,000 rpm, about the same from 4,000 to 5,000 and then a big bump from there to redline.

Gnipper

Supersprint manifold

Post by Gnipper » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:40 am

Ahh I see :D
It might be a little far for me.

Glad it worked out well for you, did you have the V1 or V2?
but yes, mine are heading back to supersprint

///MBan

Supersprint manifold

Post by ///MBan » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:31 am

I bought the V1s and the s-pipes with HJS cats.

Are you going to look for a custom header option? I’d be really interested to see how that would turn out.