Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Eventuri Carbon vs Kevlar

"M" Specific discussion
Jellyfishfields

Post by Jellyfishfields » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:13 pm

Looking into an air intake from Eventuri or GruppeM.

I've done a search and from what I can read not much difference between them, and plenty of other threads so apologies for starting another.

But, I have one question I couldn't find an answer to. Is there any difference between the Carbon and Kevlar Eventuri intakes, other than a choice of colour?

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:10 pm

I very much doubt any different, will just be a colour choice I imagine.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:12 pm

If you're thinking of driving to Afghanistan I'd go for the Kevlar one :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Jellyfishfields

Post by Jellyfishfields » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:28 am

Thanks for the replies, may as well go for the black carbon then.

Seems a bit cheaper to buy, and I'm really only wanting one for the noise :)

Barrett.d

Post by Barrett.d » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:12 am

Got my Eventuri from JF Automotive. Was the cheapest I could find . Think it was only £665

Jellyfishfields

Post by Jellyfishfields » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Barrett.d wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:12 am Got my Eventuri from JF Automotive. Was the cheapest I could find . Think it was only £665
Thanks, yes that’s the best place I could find as well. I just saw the gap in price between the two with them and wondered the reason.

Did you feel it was worth it after fitting?

Barrett.d

Post by Barrett.d » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:16 am

Not sure if there's any noticeable performance gains . But for the noise alone it's worth it 👍

///MBan

Post by ///MBan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:12 am

I had an Eventuri fitted recently and did before and after dynos. Unfortunately I had Supersprint Powerloops and X-pipe fitted at the same time and despite asking for before/after for the Eventuri alone, they only did before all parts were fitted and after all parts were fitted.

The gain from all three parts was 6-8hp (around 2-3%) throughout the rev range. Your guess is as good as mine re what proportion of the gains are due to the Eventuri. I also did some data logging and it does seem the difference is measurable in terms of MAF signal and acceleration but it doesn't feel much different. I have to admit I was expecting more volume. Really does have me considering a CSL-style airbox despite all the alpha-n drawbacks.

beanie

Post by beanie » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:54 pm

You’ll never get much with bolt on bits on a 100hp/l NA engine. I’d take the 6-8hp as a win!

I wouldn’t worry about alpha-n. People say it’s not as smooth and is only a best guess etc etc. If the car is up together and there map is good then there’s really nothing wrong with it imo.

That said, you could just remap yours as it stands and probably see the same or pretty similar results.
RUBYIMOLACARBON

Jellyfishfields

Post by Jellyfishfields » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:18 am

TBH, I was only meaning from a noise point of view, I don't really expect any power upgrade with the air intake by itself.

Found this video on youtube, if it sounds as good as this, then I think it's a must.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eTIFjQa0k&t=17s

Was also trying to decide between Eventuri and the GruppeM. But, I think this will work out slightly cheaper, I should get it quicker, and, doing my bit to buy British. :)

///MBan

Post by ///MBan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:31 pm

Beanie - you’re talking me into it! I already have a Severn tune at the moment and the car is making about 15% above its baseline reading, which is pretty good, I think, and the car drives beautifully. The CSL airbox would purely be for more sound.
Jellyfishfields wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:18 am TBH, I was only meaning from a noise point of view, I don't really expect any power upgrade with the air intake by itself.

Found this video on youtube, if it sounds as good as this, then I think it's a must.

Was also trying to decide between Eventuri and the GruppeM. But, I think this will work out slightly cheaper, I should get it quicker, and, doing my bit to buy British. :)
This video was the one that convinced me to buy an Eventuri. Keep in mind, though, the recording is from an engine bay mic. It won’t sound like that in the cabin. I’d say the Eventuri has a higher frequency than the stock intake, so in some instances it isn’t that audible. Still sounds epic. I have a few GoPro recordings that may be helpful to you but they aren’t ‘YouTube ready’ and it sounds like you’re ready to pull the trigger.

Jellyfishfields

Post by Jellyfishfields » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:51 am

///MBan wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:31 pm Beanie - you’re talking me into it! I already have a Severn tune at the moment and the car is making about 15% above its baseline reading, which is pretty good, I think, and the car drives beautifully. The CSL airbox would purely be for more sound.
Jellyfishfields wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:18 am TBH, I was only meaning from a noise point of view, I don't really expect any power upgrade with the air intake by itself.

This video was the one that convinced me to buy an Eventuri. Keep in mind, though, the recording is from an engine bay mic. It won’t sound like that in the cabin. I’d say the Eventuri has a higher frequency than the stock intake, so in some instances it isn’t that audible. Still sounds epic. I have a few GoPro recordings that may be helpful to you but they aren’t ‘YouTube ready’ and it sounds like you’re ready to pull the trigger.
I did wonder if they had cheated a bit and put the mic in the engine bay, it's by far the loudest video I've heard. :)

I'd be very interested in hearing the GoPro recordings that you have, if you have the time to put them up?

///MBan

Post by ///MBan » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:30 am

I still have a bit of editing to do and I’d also like to make another recording now that I have the stock x-pipe back on (the Supersprint x-pipe seemed to interfere with the intake sound in the mid-range).

Can you wait a couple of weeks?

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:59 am

Gruppe M

Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:19 pm

Sounds lovely :thumbsup: :driving:
IMOLA Z4///MR