Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brakes

"M" Specific discussion
Rob Sawyer

Brakes

Post by Rob Sawyer » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 pm

Evening gang. Sorry for the post, sure it’s been asked a thousand times :oops: Need discs and pads all round for my Z4M roadster. Best ones to get and where to purchase from please. :D

Cheers Rob

Angelus666

Brakes

Post by Angelus666 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:50 am

Stick with OEM disks, go on ebay you'll find some dealers listing them on there for good prices.

Rob Sawyer

Brakes

Post by Rob Sawyer » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:32 pm

Thanks Angeluss666. Have been looking all over on Mstyle, Euro parts etc. I’ve been told that the original OEM pads are not the best! Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

AndyBeech

Brakes

Post by AndyBeech » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:04 pm

A good place to start is the BMW dealers themselves. Get yourself registered on M3 Cutters and put a price request up on the dealer sub forums (Cotswold and Rybrook) who will give you a discount on the list price and free delivery. It's also a good resource generally for info on our engines as they are the same as the E46 M3. That'll give you a good starting point price wise then you can go from there. OEM or ATE discs are both the best option, either is fine unless you desperately want a 'genuine' receipt to put in your folder. There may or may not be much difference in price depending on the part your after between genuine and OEM manufactures.

Then you can start googling for CSL front discs and see what other independent shops are offering. A quick look suggests around £350 for a pair of front ATE discs. Rear discs are the same as the E46 M3 so just search for those for prices. OEM or ATE again.

As far as pads go will depend on your usage. Normal driving your standard pads will be fine though it depends how much your pushing on. For faster road / light track there are better options. I used Performance Friction Z rated to good effect personally.

If you can, try and get used to and familiarise yourself with RealOEM. Much quicker and easier way of finding BMW part numbers and will save you having to wait for reply's on forums.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

GT Spec

Brakes

Post by GT Spec » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:33 pm

Brake discs wise go for the 2 piece ATEs. ATE are a tier 1 supplier and make the 2 piece discs for BMW. Autodoc always seem to be the cheapest. Pad wise I am a big fan of the British made EBC Red Stuff pads.
E85 M, Aero Skirts and Hardtop
Schrick 288/280 Cams and Rockers
Karbonius Race Airbox
BMW Motorsport 4.1 FD
Supersprint Full System inc 100 Cell Cats
163M CSL Rims
Bilstein/Eibach B12
Recaro Sportster CS

Diagnostic scanning and coding in Essex

Rob Sawyer

Brakes

Post by Rob Sawyer » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:25 pm

Thanks for all the information Andy, really helpful. Thank you.
Already registered with M3 Cutters (just need to remember my login details now)! :D