Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

"M" Specific discussion
User avatar
RedUn
Member
Member
Posts: 931
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:33 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by RedUn » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:33 pm

Just add a bit more to the mix, I've been running KWs since 2005 on various cars over the years. I've never had one damper related issue at all.

Unfortunately Bilstein appear to live off their name these days...
IMOLA Z4///MR

Muckinonthesofa
Member
Member
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:40 am

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by Muckinonthesofa » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:48 pm

I've got the B12'S on mine and I think its a big improvement over stock. :thumbsup:
Z4MC, Silver/Grey, Imola Red Leather, Sat Nav, Heated Seats, DSP, Intravee, Stubby, ZHP, Gruppe M, CDV, Bilstein B12's, Vibra-Technics engine mounts.

Smeg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Surrey

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by Smeg » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:13 pm

Thanks everyone for your opinions, I have taken the plunge and ordered a set of the B12's. Fingers crossed I like them and will let you know my thoughts if I ever get them fitted as apparently will take 6 weeks to arrive! Bilstein have none in stock and making them to order!

While I have the suspension off I thought I would refresh the rubber mounts but not sure if I need top and bottom. Anyone know?

https://bmwsupply.co.uk/part/details?se ... w=btdetail
Front Top (07 Feather pad above) part number: 31331091233
Front Bottom (11 Feather pad below) part number: 31331096664

https://bmwsupply.co.uk/part/details?se ... w=btdetail
Rear Top (11 Feather Pad) part number: 33531094518
Rear Bottom (13 - Spring pad) part number: 33531136385

Many thanks,
Jason

M340
Member
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:32 pm
Location: Surrey

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by M340 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:07 pm

@smeg where did you order from? Demon Tweaks want £825 inc VAT

User avatar
AndyBeech
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:25 pm
Location: Reading / Bath

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:30 pm

Smeg wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:13 pm Thanks everyone for your opinions, I have taken the plunge and ordered a set of the B12's. Fingers crossed I like them and will let you know my thoughts if I ever get them fitted as apparently will take 6 weeks to arrive! Bilstein have none in stock and making them to order!

While I have the suspension off I thought I would refresh the rubber mounts but not sure if I need top and bottom. Anyone know?

https://bmwsupply.co.uk/part/details?se ... w=btdetail
Front Top (07 Feather pad above) part number: 31331091233
Front Bottom (11 Feather pad below) part number: 31331096664

https://bmwsupply.co.uk/part/details?se ... w=btdetail
Rear Top (11 Feather Pad) part number: 33531094518
Rear Bottom (13 - Spring pad) part number: 33531136385

Many thanks,
Jason
I would check you need the front spring pads, I don't think I did for the B16 kit but you may do for the B12's. The rear's yes good idea to replace the spring pads while you are in there. I would also change the front top mount bearings....part 31331090612 (x2). One for each top mount, you don't need the whole mount just the axial bearing.

On another note...I would be VERY careful from ordering from that website you've given if you were considering it. Do some research if i was you....those prices don't seem quite correct, along with some other things. It might be OK but tread carefully would be my advice.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with Cup2's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Smeg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Surrey

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by Smeg » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:41 pm

@M340 Nothing comes up for the Z4M on Demon Tweaks - (This part does not fit your current vehicle: BMW Z4M 3.2 2006)
I ordered from https://www.tunershop.co.uk/

User avatar
AndyBeech
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:25 pm
Location: Reading / Bath

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:55 pm

M340 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:07 pm @smeg where did you order from? Demon Tweaks want £825 inc VAT
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1 ... 00033.html

£768 seems a good price
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with Cup2's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Smeg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Surrey

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by Smeg » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:00 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:55 pm
M340 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:07 pm @smeg where did you order from? Demon Tweaks want £825 inc VAT
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1 ... 00033.html

£768 seems a good price
That is a really good price as I paid £780 :x

User avatar
AndyBeech
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:25 pm
Location: Reading / Bath

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:05 pm

Smeg wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:00 pm
AndyBeech wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:55 pm
M340 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:07 pm @smeg where did you order from? Demon Tweaks want £825 inc VAT
https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1 ... 00033.html

£768 seems a good price
That is a really good price as I paid £780 :x
:| Erm, well seeing as that other place has a 6 week wait get a refund I guess if you fancy it. Isn't the place you purchased from based in Germany as well....have you asked about custom charges? Don't want to find your gonna get stung for that as well......worth checking.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with Cup2's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Smeg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Surrey

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by Smeg » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:45 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:05 pm
Smeg wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:00 pm
AndyBeech wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:55 pm

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/1 ... 00033.html

£768 seems a good price
That is a really good price as I paid £780 :x
:| Erm, well seeing as that other place has a 6 week wait get a refund I guess if you fancy it. Isn't the place you purchased from based in Germany as well....have you asked about custom charges? Don't want to find your gonna get stung for that as well......worth checking.
I have messaged dcperformance to check availability and then will decide. However before ordering I was also told the same lead times from Balance Motorspor, extreme-carstyling & R-Tec Auto Design.

User avatar
AndyBeech
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:25 pm
Location: Reading / Bath

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by AndyBeech » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:44 pm

Smeg wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:45 pm
AndyBeech wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:05 pm
Smeg wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:00 pm

That is a really good price as I paid £780 :x
:| Erm, well seeing as that other place has a 6 week wait get a refund I guess if you fancy it. Isn't the place you purchased from based in Germany as well....have you asked about custom charges? Don't want to find your gonna get stung for that as well......worth checking.
I have messaged dcperformance to check availability and then will decide. However before ordering I was also told the same lead times from Balance Motorspor, extreme-carstyling & R-Tec Auto Design.
Yup fair enough. My point stands though, the place you've ordered from almost certainly ship from Germany rather than the UK. It seems a lottery at the moment with Brexit and import / VAT charges so would be a good idea to check with them whether you will be liable if there are any charges (likely). You could potentially add another £100 on to what you've paid versus buying from a UK seller which is already cheaper in the first place.... :thumbsup:
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with Cup2's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

Smeg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Surrey

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by Smeg » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi Andy, yes all items are sent DDP (Delivered duty paid) I did check this when ordering. :D
Still not heard back from dcperformance.

User avatar
Jembo
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 5871
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:59 pm
Location: Kent

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by Jembo » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:53 pm

Suggest you keep hold of your front springs - found the eibach fronts too harsh on Kent’s pants roads, Bilsteins all round are fab & following some advice swapped the front springs back to OEM.... never looked back :thumbsup:
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Smeg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Surrey

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by Smeg » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:11 pm

Jembo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:53 pm Suggest you keep hold of your front springs - found the eibach fronts too harsh on Kent’s pants roads, Bilsteins all round are fab & following some advice swapped the front springs back to OEM.... never looked back :thumbsup:
One of the front springs is cracked hence the plan for the B12's. Car only gets used occasionally at weekends so not worried about a harsh ride. :D Did you replace the rubber pads and bearings when you fitted the B12's.

@AndyBeech yes https://bmwsupply.co.uk does look very suspect!

User avatar
R60BBA
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1624
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:53 pm
Location: London, United Kingdom

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

Post by R60BBA » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:52 pm

RedUn wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:33 pm Just add a bit more to the mix, I've been running KWs since 2005 on various cars over the years. I've never had one damper related issue at all.

Unfortunately Bilstein appear to live off their name these days...
This! OP save up the extra dosh and invest in a proper set of KW coilovers.
Image

Current: 2002 E46 M3
Current: 1998 E31 840Ci Sport
Gone: 2007 Z4 E86 3.0Si Sport
Gone: 2001 Z3 E36/7 2.2i San Remo Individual
Gone: 2015 F21 116d M Sport
Gone: 2012 A3 Sportback 1.2TFSI

Instagram: bavarianjunkie

Post Reply