Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Opinions - Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Suspension Kit

"M" Specific discussion
RedUn

Post by RedUn » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:00 pm

Mos6689 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:56 pm
RedUn wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:25 pm
Mos6689 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:39 am

I wasn’t planning to lower much at all to be honest. One of the factors in deciding on the KW’s was the fact it can be set closest to stock height. My old si coupe I lowered, only on eibachs & scraped the fangs so often it just became unpleasant to drive.

I’m still really torn on whether to go for the KW’s & if it doesn’t fit without changing wheels, potentially have to sell the new wheels & tyres that I’ve just spent over £1500 on or just stick with stock & keep the wheels. I don’t completely hate the ride but it certainly leaves me wanting, especially coming from a 981. God I love & hate this car so much at the same time! :headbang:

From the reading I’ve done, the change in handling & ride is night & day with the KW’s. So I’m leaning towards just biting the bullet, hope they fit & if they don’t, sacrifice the wheels. As much as I love them, if I’m going to keep this car as long as I hope to, having a better suspension setup is definitely more logical in the long run.
Interesting, if this helps, I came from a 987 years ago, the suspension is the worst part of the Z4m by far.

I decided to just go for it and see if the KWs would "fix it" if they didn't I would have sold the car as it was that annoying as standard, that was probably 8 years ago now and the zeds a keeper.

If your doing it, do the top mounts front and rear, rear trailing arm bushes and Anti Roll Bars then get it set up properly.

Sod the wheels, you need it to drive right first, you can tweak the looks after once you know your keeping it :thumbsup:
Yup that’s it, biting the bullet. Emailed Julian at Balance Motorsport & he sorted out a bit of discount.

@RedUn doing the top mounts & RTAB & ARB bushes, did you go for stock or aftermarket?
Good effort :driving:

From memory it was some time ago, Rogue Engineering upside down rear mounts and RTABs they are completely silent. The front top mounts are the KWs obviously but I added the Z3 additional strengthening disc and an oem strut brace to protect the front towers. ARBs and mounts are H&R, again no additional noise :thumbsup:
IMOLA Z4///MR

Mos6689

Post by Mos6689 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:44 pm

Top man thanks for all the info, really helpful! I’ll put a post up here eventually and let you know how I get on.

afennell

Post by afennell » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:54 pm

:driving:

bakes100

Post by bakes100 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:24 pm

RedUn wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:49 pm Bilsteins are mono tube dampers, have a read up on the dual tube dampers like the KW, they are on a different level completely :thumbsup:

Mos, it's worth while remembering when you lower the car your wheels tuck, often a flush wheel at oem height will be sunk in the arch once lowered.
‘They are on a different level completely’? Not sure where you have been ‘reading up’ but they are a different design, if anything a mono tube is technically a better design than a twin tube damper. Yes a high end twin tube damper would out perform a low end mono tube damper however saying the are on a ‘different level completely’ is incorrect information.
2006 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black
2007 BMW Z4M Coupe - Silver Grey - GONE

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 am

bakes100 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:24 pm
RedUn wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:49 pm Bilsteins are mono tube dampers, have a read up on the dual tube dampers like the KW, they are on a different level completely :thumbsup:

Mos, it's worth while remembering when you lower the car your wheels tuck, often a flush wheel at oem height will be sunk in the arch once lowered.
‘They are on a different level completely’? Not sure where you have been ‘reading up’ but they are a different design, if anything a mono tube is technically a better design than a twin tube damper. Yes a high end twin tube damper would out perform a low end mono tube damper however saying the are on a ‘different level completely’ is incorrect information.
Not read up anywhere just 15 years driving cars around on KWs, not one problem.

Friends with Bilsteins, leaking, knocking, rebuilding.

Technically your right, I understand the monotube design, my statement was based on KWs vs Bilsteins, to get monotubes better than the KWs your talking serious money and it means caging the zed as the rear strut towers don't like it.
IMOLA Z4///MR

SGRG

Post by SGRG » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:54 pm

brownah wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:22 pm
Smeg wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:20 pm Still waiting on the B12 kit! Bilstein keep pushing the date back every month! :headbang: Has been on back order since January 15th!
Me too 😡😡😡😡😡
Although I did order a couple weeks back and I have received one front shock 🤣
Have you guys received your Bilstein's yet? who did you get it from? Thanks
Current:
Z4MC 2007
Porsche Cayenne 2019 (Black / Bordeaux Red two-tone leather interior)

Previous:
X5 40D 2011
E92 M3 manual 2011
Z4 3.0 2003
Honda Prelude 2.2 1997
Honda Civic Coupe 1995