Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Very tempted .....

"M" Specific discussion
Vanne

Very tempted .....

Post by Vanne » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:45 am

Hmm. no service history wouldent bother me that much at all, its pretty easy to see first glance how a car has been treated. and depending on how many kms are on it, there are things youd need to do anyways. Buy on condition, not paperwork. :thumbsup:

as the guys have said, id have this inspected at a bimmer garage or someone who knows what they are looking at, the hood alignment might be something simple or it might not. :driving:

Cracking car for driving the roads there though :thumbsup:
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

Haggisman

Very tempted .....

Post by Haggisman » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:58 am

BMWZ4MC wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:30 am
Haggisman wrote: ...Importing one from the UK costs about $3500 in freight plus 15% tax and buying sight unseen though at least you can do due diligence re service history etc...
What are the costs of importing from Aus? This sounds like it has been well cared for...and the wood can always be painted!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/detail ... AD-5287323
BMWZ4MC wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:30 am Been a few nice ones for sale in your neck of the woods, not sure what the costs are. Ideally good to buy locally so you can eyeball the car but some history is worth more than no history and you are closer then anywhere else. Did bring a race car from Melbourne to Nz so must revisit the costs.
Haggisman wrote: ...Importing one from the UK costs about $3500 in freight plus 15% tax and buying sight unseen though at least you can do due diligence re service history etc...
What are the costs of importing from Aus? This sounds like it has been well cared for...and the wood can always be painted!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/detail ... AD-5287323
2003 Toledo Blue 3.0 E85 Manual
2008 Volvo V50 - Dog Car
2020 Kia Sportage GT - Her Indoor’s Car
1995 Dakar Yellow M3 E36 Race Car - Sold
2009 Vauxhall Astra VXR - Sold
2003 350Z well modded - Sold
1992 911 RS - Sold and still in mourning

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Very tempted .....

Post by BMWZ4MC » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:32 am

Viewing it on the east coast of Aus wouldn’t be terribly pricey or even that inconvenient from NZ if it weren’t for the current travel restrictions. It’s been advertised for quite some time, so I suspect it won’t sell in a hurry, at least not whilst the borders remain closed...
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

scarlet-jester

Very tempted .....

Post by scarlet-jester » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:20 pm

Well, I got it inspected by my inde garage last Friday. They gave it a clean bill of health, stating that for its age and mileage it was a very good car and likely to have been well looked after. Fully appreciate you cannot look inside the engine or gearbox, but the view through the oil filler was one that they were impressed with.

I have decided not to buy it as overall I am struggling to justify the additional spend. Market has fallen out of Z4s here of late so mine is only worth 11k best case as a trade. (They have two ATM and I requested the 224s off their other one which they were happy with) That leaves me with a 25k bill for the M and that is a bit too much for me at the moment. Very hard decision to make as it is an epic car and getting pretty rare too.

My Si is a fantastic car and it certainly puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Once COVID dies down a little I will look into doing a manual conversion as that would make it a little more fun - this is something I liked in the M. There is a place in Auckland that does it all at a pretty reasonable rate.

I will be very interested to see if it sells as I don't think there is much of a market for Z4Ms in NZ ......
E85 - 2006 3.0Si

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Very tempted .....

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:30 pm

scarlet-jester wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:20 pm I will be very interested to see if it sells as I don't think there is much of a market for Z4Ms in NZ ......
True, but there aren't many Z4Ms in NZ either!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black