Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Video review by JayEmm on Cars

"M" Specific discussion
nickw6666

Post by nickw6666 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:06 am

I think JayEmms review is very poor. He exaggerates the issues and talks some nonsense around driving it at only 7/8 tenths.
Yes the Z4MC is flawed in some areas, but so is the Cayman S.that people seem to laud.
I know how they compare as I own now both a Z4MC and a 987.2 Cayman S. The Cayman on 19" wheels Is worse over bumps than the Z4MC, and the variable steering is quite ponderous at times compared to the super fast rack on the Z4MC.
I could go on but I think his review is wide of the mark, especially when he compares Z4M Roadster to his old S2000 which is a snap oversteer, coarse engined car.
It has it's faults but it looks incredible, has one of the greatest engines ever made and is quire rare compared to Cayman / Boxster.
2007 Imola Red Z4M coupe. Owned since January 2008.
Previous: 2009 Guards Red Porsche Cayman S 987.2 Gen II
Previous: 2015 F82 M4 coupe - Mineral White, DCT
Previous: 2007 Meteor Grey 997.1 Porsche 911 Carrera S

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:47 am

I’ve watched a few of his videos before, mainly because I’m considering a V6 Exige and he has lots of Lotus content on his channel. Whilst he seems to do his homework before making videos and has a lot of praise for Lotus products, at times he is very wide of the mark with his reviews of cars from other manufacturers (based on my experience of driving numerous cars he has covered). In his favour, he does seem more honest and less self-obsessed than many on YouTube and he seems like a decent bloke with whom I would enjoy having a beer and discussing cars.
His MC video didn't reflect my experience, but at least he had driven his mum’s car for about six months before forming an opinion. His review of the MR is almost entirely rubbish and based on very little experience of the car. I was rather disappointed and I suspect his opinion would be different were he to spend five minutes driving one more enthusiastically on a road with less to hit if he got it wrong!
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Jembo
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Jembo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:29 pm

I feel the primary objective of Modern cars is to be easy to drive & many reviewers use this to benchmark a car.

Appears (IMO) many reviews don’t fully appreciate those who designed the E85/6 M’s built them to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, make you remember you’re only mortal & not wrap you up in cotton wool.

It’s also good people like JayEmm continue to review them, as continues to show recognition of a special car, even where opinions diffèr
Joined the dark side with a ///M Hell Bronze Sepang Coupe :happyclap:
Ex Aug 2005 Maldives Blue 3 litre cruizer, lots of toyz,

Lifer 54

Vanne

Post by Vanne » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:13 pm

Rubbish review. :thumbsdown: I wouldn't let that bloke near my car let alone get in it. (Wouldn't fit anyways :tumbleweed: )
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

RedUn

Post by RedUn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:59 pm

Vanne :rofl: :rofl:
IMOLA Z4///MR

scootr

Post by scootr » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:32 am

I've seen quite a few of Jayemm's videos and I didn't know he was a member here but I'm not surprised at that. What does surprise me is 1 his quiet shirt choice for this video and 2 this b-----d has cost me nearly 20k last year on the E89 which I love and looks like 30k this year > https://youtu.be/vvqvJsPmJG4 :rofl:
Thanks for the videos, reviews, and forum replies. :thumbsup: And to those who feel the need criticize I say get out there and start posting your better videos so we can all see how it should to be done :poke:
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:17 am

scootr wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:32 am
Thanks for the videos, reviews, and forum replies. :thumbsup: And to those who feel the need criticize I say get out there and start posting your better videos so we can all see how it should to be done :poke:
I criticized , that's my prerogative , i have no inclination to post my own videos as i doubt i would be any good at it & imo neither is he :? that's simply a matter of opinion , i don't enjoy the younger guy "its joel" ( also a forum member i think ) either yet many seemingly do , its purely opinion , some guys grate on me some don't , "zimbamotoring" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzBnc3VLrkg i can happily watch review any car because he comes across as knowledge , enthusiastic & genuinely interested in his topic as opposed to many who get giddy at the anticipation of possible " fame" :roll: & simply let their voice distribute babble in annoying tones .
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

blobslosak

Post by blobslosak » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:43 am

Harry's garage is the best watch imo. Not sure if he's done a z4m yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIB5XX ... Ow6guIMYCg

Papa_Zee

Post by Papa_Zee » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:02 pm

...no other modifications, except that is, the strut brace...? :thumbsup:
E89 35is

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:51 pm

scootr wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:32 am I've seen quite a few of Jayemm's videos and I didn't know he was a member here but I'm not surprised at that. What does surprise me is 1 his quiet shirt choice for this video and 2 this b-----d has cost me nearly 20k last year on the E89 which I love and looks like 30k this year > https://youtu.be/vvqvJsPmJG4 :rofl:
There’s a line on his page which says leave a comment on his video scootr.....that’s what we’re doing. I watched his vid on the news that the 718 GTS going to 4litre entitled ‘981 price killer..?’ couldn’t fault a word he said imho, I’ve also seen lots of his vids and a lot are fine, again imho, but this one is pure rubbish, and it’s not sour grapes as I couldn’t give two chuffs what folk think of the M, I like so that’s it, but you cannot say the M roady is best driven at 7/8 tenths when he hasn’t driven one even close to 7/8 tenths going by this review just as one example, it’s a quick fill in review based on not much.

And anyway.....he’ll have heard worse...... :lol:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

scootr

Post by scootr » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:20 pm

I looked at it again, and honestly I couldn't watch it all ... :? ... Lots of wordy filler and rubbish about how great the Honda is. :headbang: I did want to defend Jay as I've enjoyed a lot of his videos but, I'm afraid for our forum owner this is the worst one I've seen. :P Guess we all have our bad days. :wink:
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace