Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

M track mode

"M" Specific discussion
Simon 3.2M

M track mode

Post by Simon 3.2M » Thu May 07, 2020 12:39 pm

I asked my local Indy for a cost to enable M track mode on the car and they came back with £60 - does this seem a sensible price or are they being greedy? I’m assuming it should be a 10 min job?
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

Bombardino

M track mode

Post by Bombardino » Thu May 07, 2020 1:25 pm

Can it be done via Carly?

dgm

M track mode

Post by dgm » Thu May 07, 2020 2:12 pm

£60 sounds good to me.

Can’t be done on Carly.
06 Z4MC, Sapphire black, Aero sideskirts, BMW strutbrace, CSL's, Remus back boxes, Intravee and Alpine DAB

crustyclown777

M track mode

Post by crustyclown777 » Thu May 07, 2020 2:55 pm

If you’re lucky, someone on the forum may do it for you. I travelled a little distance to visit Gustavo and gave him some beers in return.
It’s a nice feature to have enabled.
Z4MC Interlagos Blue
Instagram: z4mcuk

Ed Doe

M track mode

Post by Ed Doe » Thu May 07, 2020 3:22 pm

I wasn't aware Mtrack could be enabled on the Z4? Just to confirm is this the equivalent of the 'dsc' mode on the non-M cars?

Also another thing whilst I remember, can the csl shift lights be programmed onto the Z4M? Always fancied those because I'm a tart :roll:
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Argenta

M track mode

Post by Argenta » Thu May 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Good price. Do it!

Bombardino

M track mode

Post by Bombardino » Thu May 07, 2020 3:32 pm

So the all important question, I’m in Shropshire is there anyone who can enable M mode who isn’t a million miles away?

bradz

M track mode

Post by bradz » Thu May 07, 2020 3:44 pm

That's a good price Simon. I'd charge you double :rofl:

Ed - Yeap same as the e46m3.
Z4M Coupe, E92 M3, E46 M3 Track car :driving:

srhutch

M track mode

Post by srhutch » Thu May 07, 2020 6:16 pm

I did it on mine, it’s one option changed in coding. Easy to do, but I wouldn’t want to do it to somebody else’s car.

Angelus666

M track mode

Post by Angelus666 » Thu May 07, 2020 7:38 pm

If we have someone on the forum with the right machine then it's a 15-minute job. I have it on mine, a quick press on the DSC enable's it...allows for just the right amount of slip, actually think the car drives a little better with it enabled.

philipw

M track mode

Post by philipw » Thu May 07, 2020 8:05 pm

I did it on mine amongst other coding including triple blink indicators at touch, DRL's, brake force display, dynamic brake control removal. It is a 10 min job to complete but you need the cable, circa £10 and the FOC software. £60 is a decent price from a garage as they need to spend a bit of extra time to check it out and test drive etc.
08 Carbon Black M Coupe

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

M track mode

Post by BMWZ4MC » Fri May 08, 2020 10:13 am

As a complete novice to coding, I did mine in ten minutes along with triple blink indicators and coding out brake assist.
I was sceptical about the benefits since I’m happy to drive on track with DSC off (wet or dry) and tended to leave DSC switched on for the road unless specifically hooning. However, it absolutely transforms the car for road use. It allows just enough slip to prevent the DSC interfering under hard acceleration on loose surfaces and allows the rear to slide around whilst keeping a safety net in the background. I now use it for every journey that doesn’t warrant switching DSC off completely.
philipw wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:05 pm I did it on mine amongst other coding including triple blink indicators at touch, DRL's, brake force display, dynamic brake control removal. It is a 10 min job to complete but you need the cable, circa £10 and the FOC software. £60 is a decent price from a garage as they need to spend a bit of extra time to check it out and test drive etc.
Philipw, what’s brake force display?
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

Bombardino

M track mode

Post by Bombardino » Fri May 08, 2020 4:53 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:13 am As a complete novice to coding, I did mine in ten minutes along with triple blink indicators and coding out brake assist.
I was sceptical about the benefits since I’m happy to drive on track with DSC off (wet or dry) and tended to leave DSC switched on for the road unless specifically hooning. However, it absolutely transforms the car for road use. It allows just enough slip to prevent the DSC interfering under hard acceleration on loose surfaces and allows the rear to slide around whilst keeping a safety net in the background. I now use it for every journey that doesn’t warrant switching DSC off completely.
philipw wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:05 pm I did it on mine amongst other coding including triple blink indicators at touch, DRL's, brake force display, dynamic brake control removal. It is a 10 min job to complete but you need the cable, circa £10 and the FOC software. £60 is a decent price from a garage as they need to spend a bit of extra time to check it out and test drive etc.
What’s needed to do this yourself?

blobslosak

M track mode

Post by blobslosak » Fri May 08, 2020 5:13 pm

I had this on my e46 M3. Loved it so glad if can be done on the z4m. Following with interest.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

M track mode

Post by Smartbear » Fri May 08, 2020 5:20 pm

BMWZ4MC wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:13 am As a complete novice to coding, I did mine in ten minutes along with triple blink indicators and coding out brake assist.
Doesn’t it alter the intensity/amount of light illuminated?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold