Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

MC at the 'Ring

"M" Specific discussion
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

MC at the 'Ring

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:41 pm

I stumbled across a link to this on another forum and thought it might be of interest:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBDalUzuGL0

A bit of vicarious excitement while we wait for non-essential travel to be permitted again!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

MC at the 'Ring

Post by mmm-five » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:49 am

...and after you've watched that...watch this:

(maybe we need a dedicated YouTube thread in Lounge?)
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

buzyg
Legend
Legend

MC at the 'Ring

Post by buzyg » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:16 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:41 pm I stumbled across a link to this on another forum and thought it might be of interest:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBDalUzuGL0

A bit of vicarious excitement while we wait for non-essential travel to be permitted again!
Fun indeed. :thumbsup: The driver of the burgundy car needs to learn to use his mirrors. :wink:

Vanne

MC at the 'Ring

Post by Vanne » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:22 am

hmm...
2007 EuroSpec Z4///MC Building/Developing Z4 GT3
Powered by Severn Tuning

Argenta

MC at the 'Ring

Post by Argenta » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:26 pm

Hehe..
This one ended up being the fastest BTG:
https://youtu.be/_S1kpB4P1sQ

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

MC at the 'Ring

Post by mmm-five » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:09 am

Here’s a relatively quiet lap on a nice May morning in 2014.

Peak speeds about 10-15mph down due to it being my first lap of the day.

Really wish I had some of the eerily quiet, very early winter morning laps when I manage to get to the track just as it opens and everyone else is still sitting in the car park, and I’ve since put my B16s and Porsche brakes on.

Unfortunately I haven’t recorded anything also for a few years, and all my others seem to be where I’ve acted as ‘chase’ cam to see how upgrades have affected a friend’s car :D

ETA, just found one on my wasn't showing on YouTube (was just a capture from my dash cam - didn't know I had it on until about half way around). It's an early lap on a nice & crisp November morning in 2017 - which was my first trip back after straightening the car after my aquaplaning escapades on the M6 and then extended repairs:

...here's another following a friend in an e34 M5 (same power, 30lbft more torque, 250kg heavier)...WARNING, it's not very quick, but I had to stay behind to see how much it rolls and the strange lines he seemed to take :poke:

2018 I only went in the 115bhp Alfa diesel, but the damp weather meant I wasn't that much slower than a lot of other cars (3-up), and the Alfa doesn't need to brake that often :evil:...

Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Argenta

MC at the 'Ring

Post by Argenta » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:57 pm

Yeah even ’tame’ italian cars just seem fast around any track!
My fastest laps have always been on weekdays TF, just before closure at 19.30 - virtually no traffic or yellowflags, generally good conditions and a warmed up car.