Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Best diagnostic tool for my z4 m coupe

"M" Specific discussion
James1

Post by James1 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Hi folks
Just purchased a z4 m coupe.
Can anyone please confirm for best diagnostic tool for this car
Considering I am an enthusiast and will do all the service and repair work myself

Thanks

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GuidoK » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:54 pm

For sure INPA, NCS expert and ISTA D/P
Those are the official factory software tools.
They take a bit getting used to and installing is a process in itself but there are loads of tutorials on the web/various bmw forums, so all you need is a bit of time/patience. The software can be had for "free" on the web in various places but of course its all pirated, so never pay for this software.
INPA and NCS expert are the software tools from back in the day (and prefer running on 32 bit OS), ISTA D/P is a more modern program and maybe easier to use. INPA and NCS expert give the most functions coding your car and diagnosing (NCS expert is coding, INPA is mainly diagnostics)
An interface cable can be had really cheap on aliexpress for around €10 incl. shipping:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33048882754.html
(obviously there are loads of listings, you might find a cheaper one. Look for one with the little switch in the middle)
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

bradz

Post by bradz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:16 pm

Buy from Cableshack, Much better than Bcables.
Z4M Coupe, E92 M3, E46 M3 Track car :driving: