Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mr Tidy's MC Thread - 4 Years On!

"M" Specific discussion
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Mr Tidy's MC Thread - Still Getting There!

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:03 pm

ColinBR wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:51 pm Hyper silver without a doubt.
Thanks - that's what I am erring towards. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:52 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:00 pm

So I'm thinking I might as well sell the 330i because all I need is a shed I can use for Tesco, B & Q, the tip, etc. without worrying about trolley rash and door dings!

You won’t believe how much fun a shed is....leave it unlocked, park it anywhere, wash it, don’t wash it, rag it to death, shrug smile and don’t give it another thought when you get a car park scrape from some dingbat....such stress free transport it’s hilarious....! :lol:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

IRD

Post by IRD » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:44 pm

I had 2002 4x4 Skoda Octavia Estate with the Golf GTI engine in it. When I bought it for £500 it had 120000 miles on the clock. I gave it an oil change and new tyres and ran it for two years without spending another penny on it. A neighbour was desperate for a cheap 4x4 and gave me £800. So that covered the cost of the tyres and oil change. In the two years I had it I didn’t care where I parked it. Sod’s law no damage at all. :roll:

mc5

Post by mc5 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:10 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:00 pm Well my car went to Ross for some surgery this morning!

Then this afternoon he sent me a photo of the bearing shells he took out, and I'm glad I decided to get them replaced as now I won't need to worry about them any more. :D (Mileage just short of 78K).
That does not look good dodged a bullet there. How much to get them done and who did you use.

On another note i would avoid the bilstein b12 kit. Great at the rear but shocking at the front at any sign of a pothole or drain cover.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:25 pm

mc5 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:10 am That does not look good dodged a bullet there. How much to get them done and who did you use.

On another note i would avoid the bilstein b12 kit. Great at the rear but shocking at the front at any sign of a pothole or drain cover.
Yes, I'm relieved I got them replaced now I've seen them! I got them done by Ross at RBMHampshire. https://www.rbmhampshire.co.uk/
who is also Bowser134 on the forum. New shells and engine mounts will probably cost you just into 4 figures.

I'm not planning on the B12 kit as I've already got a set of H & R springs, so would just be getting the Bilstein shocks. The guy who I plan to use to fit them reckoned H & Rs gave a better ride than Eibachs, but we'll see!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:01 pm

Careful with bilstein dampers, one of my front dampers failed (burst a seal and pissed its lol everywhere) in under 25k/3 years. Bilstein didn't want to know when I tried to claim warranty.
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:06 am

Thanks Ed. :thumbsup:

I asked Will at TWG for his thoughts as I'd read of some Bilstein issues so I was wondering about Koni, but he favoured Bilstein. TBH it's hard to know what to get as everyone has their own preference. :?
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Mr Tidy's MC Thread - Got distracted!

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Well I have had my car a year already (picked it up 19 Dec 2019) so as it was dry today I thought I'd take it to the shops seeing as now I'm in Tier 4 that's one of my few excuses! And I'm still loving the sound of that S54. :wub:

Anyway I might have moved on to getting the 224s I bought refurbed, but Darren Slone put his silver/grey Aeros up for sale and as they were the right colour I just couldn't resist. So a huge thank you to Darren for fitting them for me - a real gent. :thumbsup:

So the wheels will have to wait until my bank account recovers from the aeros and the Road Tax at the end of the month.

But this being Z4forum I took a couple of photos of my dirty car.
Attachments
Aero OS 201220.JPG
Aero OS 201220.JPG (243.82 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
Aero NS 201220.JPG
Aero NS 201220.JPG (224.49 KiB) Viewed 1623 times
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

maxman

Post by maxman » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:31 pm

They should have been on as std.Really improve the side profile of the e85,e86 :thumbsup:

BMWZ4MC
Lifer
Lifer

Post by BMWZ4MC » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:05 pm

That looks fantastic. It’s absolutely the best colour to show the aeroskirts and was high on my list of colour preferences when I bought mine.
Z4MC - heavily fettled for track use
Lotus Exige - sensible daily driver on the mods slippery slope
Westfield SEiW - in hibernation
Modified RS4 Avant - back in Blighty
S2000 GT - gone

inkey$
Lifer
Lifer

Post by inkey$ » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:39 pm

Beautiful, Mr Tidy :thumbsup:
Current: Project Audi A2 1.4SE
Previously: Z3R 2.8 • E46 330i • Z4R 3.0 • Z4///MC • E90 335i • Z4///MR • Z3///MC 'Breadvan' • Z3R 2.8 • E30 325i R • Z4C • Z4R 3.0

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Mr Tidy's MC Thread - Feeling flat.

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Well given how the weather was at the end of the year and with my tax expiring on 31 December I decided to give January a miss and save the best part of £50. I bought a solar charger a while ago so connected that up.

Then in early February the roads seemed to be salt-free and I was getting withdrawal symptoms so I bit the bullet and taxed it. On the 5th I found out that my solar charger wasn't up to the job, because trying to start the car only resulted in setting the alarm off! So I connected my jumper pack and started it and the alarm even went quiet after what seemed ages, but was probably less than a minute.

I made a point of using it for essential travel every week or so and all seemed good, until I left it 12 days and on 2 April I needed the jumper pack again. :(

It worked fine, but as soon as I drove away I got the trifecta of warning lights. I did nearly 40 miles and it started on the battery when I wanted to come home but the warning lights stayed on. :headbang:

So I decided to bit the bullet and ordered a new Exide battery from Tayna on 4 April and Yodel claimed it would be delivered on 6 April between 19.00 and 21.00. Then about 21.30 I got a message from them saying nobody was in - which is so much b*llocks because I was and nobody left a card. Probably couldn't be a*sed because it was heavy!

Anyway I didn't bother trying to get it redelivered because I could see a repeat of their first effort so I arranged to collect it from their depot yesterday evening - it was only a few miles away.

So today I got it fitted and took the car for a test drive which was great, but those 3 lights haven't gone away.

It looks like I'll be seeing how I get on with my code reader tomorrow!
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

abar121

Post by abar121 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:02 pm

Is it the usual stability etc threesome of warning lights? Could be a stuck ABS pump as they like to do that.

I had to get ISTA/D and a proper cable to get a decent code for that.
'07 Z4M Interlagos Blue. All options except extended leather.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:15 pm

I think it was the usual three - DSC, brake and tyre pressure.

I cleared quite a few codes this morning so will see what happens next time I use it!
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:24 pm

If you need to use INPA/ISTA/DIS feel free to come up Reading way and can plug it in. Sounds like you've already got some sort of diag equipment though so should be fine.
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!