Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Merry Christmas to me - MC Content!

"M" Specific discussion
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:53 am

Well after 5 years of 3.0Si Coupe ownership I probably shouldn't have driven any Ms, but I did that twice earlier this year so what happened today was pretty much inevitable!

I saw "sidbrown"s advert on Sunday and called him Sunday evening. He gave me some really helpful background on this, his 2nd M - so he is obviously as addicted as the rest of us! (But at least his toy cupboard isn't empty so that may ease any pain from selling his MC).

On Tuesday I went to look at it with a mate of mine who has been in the motor trade for years, and really has an eye for any bodywork or paint issues. I had a test drive and after a quick discussion I left a deposit.

So I spent some time yesterday moving money from Building Society to Bank, etc. and getting insurance sorted out.

Today my mate and I went back up to Leicestershire in my 3 Series, paid the balance and collected my MC! Happy as a dog with two whatsits would be an understatement.

And thanks to Syd for making it all so straightforward - and for his (and his OH's) hospitality with the tea and mince pies. :thumbsup:

So we set off on a 130+ mile drive back, me in the MC and my mate in the 3 Series, but it wasn't great. Started to drizzle so it got dark early, then the A1(M) had a closure due to an accident just North of Hatfield that saw us stationary for about 15 minutes. Which meant we joined the M25 around 4.30 so it was stop/start all the way round to the M3 which also had a reduced limit. Then after getting home I had to drive my mate home 20 miles away and come back.

Despite that I have learned a few things about the MC!

Firstly my sister things I am barking mad! :lol: But I was 60 in April so I figure if I fancy a new toy I better get on with it.

The S54 engine is just fantastic (but I sort of knew that anyway)!

Silver Grey goes really well with Imola Nappa leather.

The Sat Nav is too loud even on it's lowest volume setting. (All that time stationary let me have a play).

HR coil-overs work fine on well maintained Leicestershire A Roads and most of the A1/A1(M), not so good on the M25, worse on the potholed residential roads where I live and not really at all over the speed bumps at my local Sainsburys. :headbang: Looks like some changes will need to be made!

It's a bit lively at the rear if you gun it in a low gear on a wet road, and very playful on a wet roundabout - lovely! :rofl:

The OBC is a bigger liar than the one on my 3.0Si. After I got home I went to fill it up and although it was telling me it only had 7 miles to go the pump cut out before 49 litres on what is supposed to be a 55 litre tank. One of those numbers is way out - but which one? :?

I'm sure there will be much more I'll notice, but this being z4forum photos are compulsory! It was dark when I got home, so all I can post are a couple from Syd's advert.
Attachments
Pic1.jpg
Pic1.jpg (221.39 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Pic5.jpg
Pic5.jpg (91.44 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:08 am

Congratulations on your new purchase, I bet you can’t stop smiling, have fun :thumbsup: :D
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:28 am

Chippie wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:08 am Congratulations on your new purchase, I bet you can’t stop smiling, have fun
Thanks, I can't!

That's why I am still up - I wouldn't go to sleep even if I went to bed! Still buzzing. :driving:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:17 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:28 am
Chippie wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:08 am Congratulations on your new purchase, I bet you can’t stop smiling, have fun
Thanks, I can't!

That's why I am still up - I wouldn't go to sleep even if I went to bed! Still buzzing. :driving:
Well bagged, i can see you’re over the moon with the new addition 8)
Are you keeping your si coupe or is it making way? :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

scootr

Post by scootr » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:21 am

Z4 and pies - Lovely . You did well. It's a very nice looking car. My favorite color combo 8)
No other car makes new owners giddy as schoolgirls. Love it. Merry Christmas to you indeed :thumbsup:
E89 3.0L 6 MT gone
Michelin P4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:39 am

Smartbear wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:17 am Well bagged, i can see you’re over the moon with the new addition
Are you keeping your si coupe or is it making way?
Rob
No, my Si Coupe will need to go (to fund M-Tax probably). :(

But then my 3 Series daily has a 3 litre N52 engine, so life could be worse. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Haggisman

Post by Haggisman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:03 am

Well done on the purchase, looks great and a few envious people over here in NZ. :driving:
2003 Toledo Blue 3.0 E85 Manual
2008 Volvo V50 - Dog Car
2020 Kia Sportage GT - Her Indoor’s Car
1995 Dakar Yellow M3 E36 Race Car - Sold
2009 Vauxhall Astra VXR - Sold
2003 350Z well modded - Sold
1992 911 RS - Sold and still in mourning

Phoenixboy

Post by Phoenixboy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:55 am

Congratulations mate, enjoy it.
Roll on the dry weather😀
E89 s drive 30i manual/gone
space grey
Carbon interior trim
19" Veeman FS 25`s
cruise control
m sport seats
stubby
led halo bulbs
z4 forum sticker, for added power.
OEM wind deflector
Gone, E85 Ruby Black.

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:38 am

Woop I knew it wouldn't be long :lol: 8)

Big congratulations dude, that's a very cool car and I know how you've wanted one a while! Your drive home would have probably been about the same as mine from Coventry with my M almost exactly a year ago too - hideous weather but nothing was going to dampen my mood!

The coilovers you will probably get used to tbh - mine are similarly firm but the tradeoff for when you fancy a proper drive is worth the spinal surgery bills :rofl:

I think the range counter deliberately under reads to avoid irresponsible people running out of fuel lol; I had a similar thing last year where it was showing 8 miles of range but wouldn't take a full tank either.

So is the M going to be enjoyed all year round? If so I must come down to the next meet up!
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

-Tom-

Post by -Tom- » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:03 am

Congratulations ! It’s a twin to mine! Let’s hope we get some dry days, so we can all get out and enjoy these things. You mention they’re lively in the wet, but depending on your tyres (I’ve got MPSS), they’re extremely lively even in just the cold.

I also moved from a 3.0si six years ago. The 3.0si is a lovely car, with a lovely engine and there are elements of it that I miss. But every single aspect of the M feels so different, :driving:

What a Christmas present!
-Z4 M Coupe, Silver Grey, Imola Red Nappa, carbon leather, CSLs, SuperSprint Race, Track Mode Enabled
-Tesla M3 LR

Previous - 3.0 si sport roadster, Silver Grey with Oregon Pearl Grey leather, Piano black, EIbach Pro, Stubby

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:19 am

Congrats and ///Merry Christmas! A lovely car in what is clearly the best and most tasteful colour combination. :wink:

Interested to hear how you get on with the suspension and the exhaust. They certainly look the part. I don’t know of another Z4MC with that H&R kit - did I read the ad right in that you also have the original suspension plus sets of eibach and H&R springs to play with?!
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

Timmyboybunter

Post by Timmyboybunter » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:22 am

That's lovely - congrats :D
2012 VW Passat 1.4 Tsi Estate
2005 Mercedes CLK 55 AMG
2015 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive35iS (sold)
2010 E89 BMW Z4 sDrive30i (sold)
2003 E85 BMW Z4 3.0 (sold)

Simon 3.2M

Post by Simon 3.2M » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:32 am

Happy days, enjoy every moment, they are fantastic cars!!! I have H&R lowering springs on my second M and they make for a very nice ride!
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:50 am

Congratulations, it certainly looks lovely and is a thing of beauty, enjoy :driving: :thumbsup:
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

flimper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flimper » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:53 am

Knew it had to happen soon! :D

Congrats, look forward to seeing it :thumbsup:
Piano black & black extended leather. Power mirrors, tinted glass, PDC, Prof hi-fi, CD, retro-fit cruise