Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Engine / Firewall brace tower mount cracked

"M" Specific discussion
AndyBeech

Post by AndyBeech » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:46 pm

So the pretty common issue of the firewall brace has cracked on the mount to the suspension turret, is this just a case of getting a new mount from BMW and getting it welded and painted? Just looking for anyone’s personal experience with getting this fixed and cost....
Z4MR - Gruppe M, Bilstein PSS10, CSL's + 18" CSL reps with semi's, RTAB Limiters, Powerflex’d, PF Camber Arms, K-Sport BBK / RSL-29, GC Camber Plates, Strut Brace, Exhaust valves, custom brake cooling, complete underside refresh!

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:18 pm

I had mine done under warranty from bmw so if you still have one that’s an easy route.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Franzino

Post by Franzino » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:31 pm

AndyBeech wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:46 pm So the pretty common issue of the firewall brace has cracked on the mount to the suspension turret, is this just a case of getting a new mount from BMW and getting it welded and painted? Just looking for anyone’s personal experience with getting this fixed and cost....
Fitting a strut brace will also put les stress on these parts (small tip when you have got them fixed).

Mangozac

Post by Mangozac » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 pm

paddy wright wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:18 pm I had mine done under warranty from bmw so if you still have one that’s an easy route.
Wasn't it a 10 year warranty on the body? If so, all Z4Ms would be expired now.
Current: 06 E85 M Silbergrau
Previous: E85 3.0si Silbergrau, 03 E85 2.5i Maldives Blue.
Mods: Gaptech OTH+R, Dension Gateway 300 with USB, CDV-, clear side indicators, euro tails, stubby, MFSW retrofit, OEM Bluetooth/VR

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:32 am

Mangozac wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 pm
paddy wright wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:18 pm I had mine done under warranty from bmw so if you still have one that’s an easy route.
Wasn't it a 10 year warranty on the body? If so, all Z4Ms would be expired now.
I had mine done under my extended warranty at about 10 years old.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!