Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cough on startup

"M" Specific discussion
NickZ4M

Cough on startup

Post by NickZ4M » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:58 am

Hi, It's my first time posting on here! I'm hoping someone might have some ideas as to why my Z4M won't start cleanly from cold. It used to be fine but now it takes a few churns and a cough/splutter before it fires up. Once the car is warm and when we had the heatwave it starts straight away. This issue seemed to coincide with an ECU update I payed for a few months back. Could there be a fault with a sensor somewhere? Any ideas would be greatly received! Cheers Nick

SiJar

Cough on startup

Post by SiJar » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:58 pm

Sorry I can’t help you as I’m new to the forum as well as I’ve only had my Z4MC for 3 weeks and it’s running sweet.
Z4///MC

Simon 3.2M

Cough on startup

Post by Simon 3.2M » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:27 pm

It’s highly likely as it’s unlikely to be a coincidence. I’d go back and question the update as it sounds like a fuelling issue. It could be the fuel pump, the pressure regulator, the filter, the coils or injector also so it could be a case of chasing it around the the car.
Sepang Coupe
Imola Roadster - For sale
Interlagos Coupe - For sale

Previous:
Stratus Grey Coupe
Titan Silver 3.0 Roadster
Carbon Black Coupe
Silver Grey MR
Silver Grey 3.0si Roadster
Maldives Blue 2.5
Sterling Silver 3.0 - twice

NickZ4M

Cough on startup

Post by NickZ4M » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 pm

I did go back and ask about the update but they said it must be caused by something else such as the MAF sensor which I have replaced and made no difference. I've just been putting up with it as it runs brilliantly once it's started. The only other suggestion I've had is a temperature sensor but which one I don't know!