Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Fog light switch for RHD Z4M moving to Germany

"M" Specific discussion
ted494

Post by ted494 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Hi guys,
I have owned my Z4M roadster since 2012 and lived in Germany since 2015. I decided a few weeks ago to finally pull the trigger and drive it to Germany.
I took it to the local TÜV (MOT) centre yesterday to see about getting it registered here and all it required apart from the brake lines needing cleaned and greased is the rear fog light to be switched from the drivers side (right) to the left.
I dismantled the tail lights to see if it required switching the bulb but both sides have one.
My question is does it require recoding/wire switching/new tail lights alltogether?
Thanks in advance,
Andrew
Andrew

2006 Z4M Roadster Interlagos Blue

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:14 pm

It has a bulb due to the emergency brake assist function. Think somebody posted this week they ran another wire across from the working fog to link the other. From memory it was Liam on his coupe track card thread.

ted494

Post by ted494 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:43 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. If it's the wires I was quoted by BMW in Munich around 200€.

I also asked for a quote on an oil and filters change to keep the service history BMW and they were asking 410€ :o Think I'll be going to a drive through oil change instead :lol:
Andrew

2006 Z4M Roadster Interlagos Blue